Hey guys.. what would you like in your stocking? Need help.

ChristmasShopping

I am trying to get my list together for black friday (I want to be done shopping that day) but I have run across a problem. I need ideas on what to get my BF in his stocking. My family does stocking for EVERYONE and the significant other is responsible for their significant other. I have no clue. My ex always wanted candy, wii games and hunting stuff. My new BF is into fitness, movies, and more guyish than my ex. Having problems finding things...

Help.. any ideas would help...

(also any ideas with a college freshman's stocking.. I am going to send one to my nephew who just started college away from home).

THANKS!

Since he is into fitness what about protein bars, crystal light drink packets that you add to a bottle of water, resuable water bottle, lottery scratch off tickets, airfreshner for his car, razor, shaving gel, slipper socks.

for your nephew: find out what his favorite snacks/candy/gum are and put some in his stocking, gift cards, roll of quaters for the laundry mat, reusable coffee mug, reusable water bottle, card games, pens, slipper socks.

I agree with alot of the others ideas- protein bars, razors, gel, cologne, gift cards, movie tickets since you said hes into movies.

As far as the other post- my go to items for the kids range from small toys, gift cards, toothbrushes, ds games, perfumes, body sprays, makeup...

for adults- lottery tickets, candles, gift cards, cologne/perfume, dvds, and any little trinkets I think they might enjoy!

In addition to a lot of the suggestions already mentioned, I like to keep an eye out for cheap magazine subscriptions (there are lots of neat magazines for those into fitness/health stuff, too). And if it ends up being too close to Christmas for the first issue (or a card from the company) to get there in time, I'll buy the current issue at the store and put it with a copy of my reciept for the subscription!

Another idea is a gift card for iTunes and/or Amazon, especially for those who like to download music, books, etc...

And for the college freshman (or anyone who's away from "home" for the holidays), don't underestimate the value of something small that would remind them of home-- local products that he can't get where he is now (i.e. a certain brand of chips or a stack of cookies from a favorite hometown bakery); something handmade by you or your kids, along with a photo of the person & item while it's being made (i.e. a hand-drawn picture or other craft, or some homemade snack mix); or pictures (or postcards) of places around home (with or without a short story/memory on the back), with a couple of those clear, hard plastic frames that you can find at Walmart for a couple dollars, so they can be displayed....

Hope these help! :)

I am trying to get my list together for black friday (I want to be done shopping that day) but I have run across a problem. I need ideas on what to get my BF in his stocking. My family does stocking for EVERYONE and the significant other is responsible for their significant other. I have no clue. My ex always wanted candy, wii games and hunting stuff. My new BF is into fitness, movies, and more guyish than my ex. Having problems finding things...

Help.. any ideas would help...

(also any ideas with a college freshman's stocking.. I am going to send one to my nephew who just started college away from home).

THANKS!

Any favorite sports teams? My DH is a huge football fan, so his stocking is usually filled with his favorite team stuff. Things I have used before: watch, keychain, funny pair of boxers, money soap (you find this at Hallmark, and it has money rolled up in the middle of the cake of soap), personalized ink pen, Patriots NFL license .925 game coin (he loves coins), team t-shirt (last year I did a 2nd Amendment one instead of football), ibeat earbuds, new hat, and always has to include a videogame for his PS3, then gum, candy, scratch-off lotto tickets etc.....

• 2 weeks later...

Any favorite sports teams? My DH is a huge football fan, so his stocking is usually filled with his favorite team stuff. Things I have used before: watch, keychain, funny pair of boxers, money soap (you find this at Hallmark, and it has money rolled up in the middle of the cake of soap), personalized ink pen, Patriots NFL license .925 game coin (he loves coins), team t-shirt (last year I did a 2nd Amendment one instead of football), ibeat earbuds, new hat, and always has to include a videogame for his PS3, then gum, candy, scratch-off lotto tickets etc.....

Yes, he is a huge Giants fan BUT we live in Texas and NY Giants stuff (and Red Sox) stuff is very hard to come by. I tried to find some small stocking stuff on line but the shipping kills most deals on the small items.

Thanks for all the ideas. I am going to start gathering things this week.

Yes, he is a huge Giants fan BUT we live in Texas and NY Giants stuff (and Red Sox) stuff is very hard to come by. I tried to find some small stocking stuff on line but the shipping kills most deals on the small items.

NFL site has deals on lots of small things and sometimes they do free shipping promos so you can always get Giants stuff from there. I'm a Lions fan (yes I publicly admit it) and my wife bought me a nice t-shirt from them for my birthday this year.

Check Fanzz in the mall. I live in Texas too but I've found all kinds of small Packers items in there and they're good about diversifying their stuff when it comes to smalls. I know I've seen Red Sox stuff but not sure on the Giants.

We live in Virginia and Patriots stuff is so hard to come by here, so I get alot at NFLShop.com. They have free shipping alot and sometimes they have it on any purchase, so that's the time to grab the small stuff. They also have an option to sign up for alerts on sales and you get 10% off your first purchase. If you choose to give them your cell phone number for text alerts they send you coupon texts. I also buy the exclusive stuff DH likes from PatriotsProShop.com which is in Gillette Stadium. Giants do have their own Proshop here, and shipping is a flat rate of $4.99. I'm sure you will find him lots of goodies on either of those sites to make him very happy!

Edited by Kim3498

Since he is into fitness what about protein bars, crystal light drink packets that you add to a bottle of water, resuable water bottle, lottery scratch off tickets, airfreshner for his car, razor, shaving gel, slipper socks.

for your nephew: find out what his favorite snacks/candy/gum are and put some in his stocking, gift cards, roll of quaters for the laundry mat, reusable coffee mug, reusable water bottle, card games, pens, slipper socks.

Great ideas!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like in stocking:

Flash drive for computer (under $10)

Gift cards ($10 and up)

Lottery scratchers ($1 and up)

Would like an external battery if I didn't already have one ($20 on Amazon)

Candy (less than $10)

Nintendo 3DS games (about $35)

Bunch of suggestions, all fit in stocking, price range $1 to $35.