Will they take checks on BF?

Jackel

Hi all, I am new here (LOVE the site btw) and have a question. One of my friends told me that some places might not take checks on BF because it's one of the biggest days for them to get ripped off from people not having enough money in their accounts. Is this true? I planned on using my checkbook, I hate having cash on BF and I don't want to use my CC. So do you think they will be accepting checks? Thanks

Celeste

Hi all, I am new here (LOVE the site btw) and have a question. One of my friends told me that some places might not take checks on BF because it's one of the biggest days for them to get ripped off from people not having enough money in their accounts. Is this true? I planned on using my checkbook, I hate having cash on BF and I don't want to use my CC. So do you think they will be accepting checks? Thanks

Celeste

I have used checks on BF for years. But I will warn you that you will probably be asked for your ID. And at Walmart if the purchase is over I think $300 they had to get management approval. Love using checks safer than cash and still being paid off then. Only reason I am not this year is someone got our checking account info....long story short...we can't write a check til it gets cleared up w/ telechek. No ATM/Checkcard either. So cash it will be.

I get asked to see my ID even when i use my debit card at taco bell here. Its ridiculous.:rant:

I am assuming if they are asking for ID u must be using it as a check card. Is it not signed? I can't see why else they would ask. We spend alot of money when we go to Taco Bell but it's never over $25....so unless you are feeding the people next door I don't understand it.

I am assuming if they are asking for ID u must be using it as a check card. Is it not signed? I can't see why else they would ask. We spend alot of money when we go to Taco Bell but it's never over $25....so unless you are feeding the people next door I don't understand it.

It is a visa check card, It is signed and i do sign a paper each time.

Just please, for the sake of yourself and the people behind you, while you're waiting over an hour in the line, start making the check out. Can't stand people who have both hands free for several minutes in line and then it seems like a shocker to them when they finally reach the cashier and have to actually write out the check...

-Mark-

Just please, for the sake of yourself and the people behind you, while you're waiting over an hour in the line, start making the check out. Can't stand people who have both hands free for several minutes in line and then it seems like a shocker to them when they finally reach the cashier and have to actually write out the check...

-Mark-

Well at least at Walmart and a few other places they do it for you. Course I am usually the one that does it myself because I am always afraid of my check getting stuck in the machine(yes it has happened).

Stores will take your money no matter what form it's in!

CC's sometimes will limit your account activity so if you use it at several stores in a short period of time the computer may not allow the sale and you'll have to use cash/check.

It's a protection agaist fraud, protects both the store and the user. If the card was stolen and being used at stores alll over, the computer picks up the activity and refuses to approve a sale after a while.

It's a nice saftey feature until a day like BF comes when I run from store to store and purchase hundreds of dollars in each store. It only happened once but, I learned from that experience. Carry more than 1 card and or cash/checks!

-Mark-

This reminds me...my mother always had a rule...never get in line behind anyone w/ grey hair or get in a line where the cashier had grey hair...lol.

Well at least at Walmart and a few other places they do it for you. Course I am usually the one that does it myself because I am always afraid of my check getting stuck in the machine(yes it has happened).

Bet you have a good story from that experience ;).

If you are waiting in line for an ungodly amount of time and you can use your hands, I just think it makes it so much more convenient for everyone just to write out the check yourself ahead of time.

-Mark-

This reminds me...my mother always had a rule...never get in line behind anyone w/ grey hair or get in a line where the cashier had grey hair...lol.

Hey, that's a pretty good rule of thumb ;). Although, sometimes I have followed such a rule only to have the grey-haired customer speed through while I'm waiting behind the teenager who has to get a price check on a bottle of Snapple...

-Mark-

Bet you have a good story from that experience ;).

If you are waiting in line for an ungodly amount of time and you can use your hands, I just think it makes it so much more convenient for everyone just to write out the check yourself ahead of time.

-Mark-

Wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been my last one...lol.

Wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been my last one...lol.

Ha! :spit: That makes it even better.

I've actually never written a check to a store in my life (although, heh, granted I am 19 and have had my checking account for 16 months...). There seem to be too many problems associated with it.

-Mark-

Ha! :spit: That makes it even better.

I've actually never written a check to a store in my life (although, heh, granted I am 19 and have had my checking account for 16 months...). There seem to be too many problems associated with it.

-Mark-

By the time I was 19 I had been married for 5 months and had had my own checking account for 3 years. But I will say things have changed since then....too easy to have your identity stolen...another story I am not going into at midnight.

Another tip if you are using your debit card on BF. If you plan on spending a lot of money, it won't hurt to call your bank to alert them, and raise your daily spending limits if necessary. This will prevent a temporary fraud block, and declines at the register. As long as you have enough money in your account, any bank will up your daily limit for you. :)

Stores will take your money no matter what form it's in!

CC's sometimes will limit your account activity so if you use it at several stores in a short period of time the computer may not allow the sale and you'll have to use cash/check.

It's a protection agaist fraud, protects both the store and the user. If the card was stolen and being used at stores alll over, the computer picks up the activity and refuses to approve a sale after a while.

It's a nice saftey feature until a day like BF comes when I run from store to store and purchase hundreds of dollars in each store. It only happened once but, I learned from that experience. Carry more than 1 card and or cash/checks!

True. I've witness this happening plenty of times.