Amazon sales on Black Friday or Holiday Season?

dakotadenise

I am looking at buying each of my kids a kindle fire this year ( 3 of them) and maybe one for myself, too. I will probably do the old style not the new HD. Anyways, I'm trying to remember if Amazon every does a sale on them? Do they have any deals over the holiday season like spend so much $, get something free?? Just trying to figure out when would be the right time to buy?

In the pastTarget and Walmart have both offered gift cards with kindle purchase. A few weeks ago Walmart had the cheapest Kindle $79 with 30 gift card.

Our Walmart does not carry Kindle at all. I tried to look it up on Walmarts website to see which stores around us carry them, but Kindle never came up in the search. Do they still carry them?

I don't see them online at Walmart. They did have them in our store (Farmville VA) a few weeks ago.

Maybe this explains why:

According to an article at Forbes.com on 5/08/12 retailers CAN sell in store but NOT online. "Amazon, like Apple, sets the price and doesn’t allow retailers like Walmart to discount the product, undercutting Amazon’s retail store in much the same manner it undercuts those same retailers selling the Kindle. But it can bundle the device. At the time Target was kicking out the Kindle, Walmart was selling the basic eReader for $79 with $30 gift card incentive."

Edited by msvagardener
added information

They are allowed to put gift cards with it , but you will not find any of the new kindles on sale. Amazon will probably have lightning sales on the old models, they are known to do that, but you won't have advance notice of it. Amazon doesn't 'have sales. Just the lightning sales and the kindles don't go on sale, especially the new ones. I preordered mine, and I buy a gift card every week and apply it to the order. When teh kindle is released, the kindle will be paid for, I did the same thing with my son's fire last year. It's always best to buy straight from amazon. Amazon will accept return of a xmas kindle up until January 31. No other retailer will. THere are people now reporting problems with kindles on amazon who bought them from target and took them back to target. Target won't give their money back. Amazon won't give money back because they weren't bought from them. They will replace the kindle, but the people wanted their money back. If you buy from amazon, you get a discount anyway because you don't have to pay tax.

Our Walmart does not carry Kindle at all. I tried to look it up on Walmarts website to see which stores around us carry them, but Kindle never came up in the search. Do they still carry them?

I went to our local Walmart yesterday and I did see thta they had one Kindle in...lol. We are a small store compared to most. Maybe they just don't order very many at a time...

I own Kindle Fires. After helping someone with a regular Kindle last week, I would choose a Kindle Fire. It is more money, but I think it is worth it for people who are used to the touch screen. The woman I was helping kept telling me the touchscreen had worked before. It took me a while to realize it wasn't a touchscreen and use the menus to add a book.

I don't think the new Fires will be on sale this year, but a gift card is always a nice addition.

I bought our Kindle Fire through a deal with Amazon Local where you could get a free coupon for $30 off a refurbished Fire (making my final cost $139).

You could keep your eyes peeled for something like that... Amazon Local has done some similar coupons for the basic Kindles too (always on refurbs). I would guess they do deals like that to keep the stockpiles of refurbs from getting too deep.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I once had an issue where a lightning deal expired and was available but wouldn't allow me to put it back in cart and had to call CS to get it processed but otherwise*knock on wood* have gotten everything I wanted, most of which I could never need:P

Thank you. I have accumulated 75.00 worth of gift cards and hope to have at least 90.00 by BF. I am earning them online. I am hoping for the Nabi 2 to go on sale or for them to offer it with a gift card. I would also consider an Xbox 360 with kinect at the right price. My goal is not to have to add more than 125.00 for whatever I decide...

Thank you. I have accumulated 75.00 worth of gift cards and hope to have at least 90.00 by BF. I am earning them online. I am hoping for the Nabi 2 to go on sale or for them to offer it with a gift card. I would also consider an Xbox 360 with kinect at the right price. My goal is not to have to add more than 125.00 for whatever I decide...

How are you earning the gift cards online? I would love to get some for Amazon to help offset how much I spend on their site! Lol

My Target doesn't have the Kindle in store either! They only had the iPad under plexiglass - when i asked the girl at the desk if they're getting some in she said that they just sell Nook... which I didn't even see. Weird.

I'm going to have to go to best buy or someplace to mess around with the fire hd.