Walmart layaway is back with lower fees

Illinoismom

I don't think you actually have to sign up anywhere...I just think it is a way that Walmart can get you to like your local Walmart page. I bet they don't check. I am going to take a print out of the actual corporate press release.

I just went on Facebook a few minutes ago. I get updates from Walmart. They had an update on their early layaway for those who like their local Walmart on Facebook. It now sends you to another page and you click on your local walmart and then you can print an early access ticket. It says it is sent to your email also, but I've not gotten it yet on either of my email addresses. I had already liked my local walmart and couldn't click on it again so I chose another nearby. It doesn't matter though, because the ticket that you print does not have a specific store...

Back home from doing a layaway. Had no problem whatsoever using the early access ticket. There was a lady that came back to layaway and asked if it started today. She was told you deffinately had to have the early access ticket or else you would have to wait until Sunday.

Back home from doing a layaway. Had no problem whatsoever using the early access ticket. There was a lady that came back to layaway and asked if it started today. She was told you deffinately had to have the early access ticket or else you would have to wait until Sunday.

I am going a little later today. We will see how it goes. Our Walmart is usually the last to know anything...lol. I remember the first year that they the Saturday SEcrest Sales. There were about 5 of us in line and a bunch of the employees kept asking us what we were doing..lol. They had no clue. Even the manager had to call and figure out what they were supposed to be doing. We've got a different manager now though and he seems to be more up to date on things..

I will actually be doing two layaways. OUr local store doesn't carry the Nabi 2 Tablet that I want to put on layaway, but one about an hour from us does, so we are going there to put it on layaway.

I am going a little later today. We will see how it goes. Our Walmart is usually the last to know anything...lol. I remember the first year that they the Saturday SEcrest Sales. There were about 5 of us in line and a bunch of the employees kept asking us what we were doing..lol. They had no clue. Even the manager had to call and figure out what they were supposed to be doing. We've got a different manager now though and he seems to be more up to date on things..

I will actually be doing two layaways. OUr local store doesn't carry the Nabi 2 Tablet that I want to put on layaway, but one about an hour from us does, so we are going there to put it on layaway.

You might want to call and check to see if they have it before you drive so far. I'm on the fence on whether I should use layaway because I'm scared what I put on layaway will go on sale. Will they price match what you already have on layaway to a competitors ad?

You might want to call and check to see if they have it before you drive so far. I'm on the fence on whether I should use layaway because I'm scared what I put on layaway will go on sale. Will they price match what you already have on layaway to a competitors ad?

Oh yes, I will definitely call ahead first. I am not sure if they will or not, but I really doubt that the Nabi 2 will go on sale. The other thing I am putting on layaway are things that I am afraid will be sold out such as Lalaloopsy stuff and Hello Kitty things for my daughter.

• 3 weeks later...
This layaway has so many loopholes. The items must be $15 each - nothing cheaper with a $50 minimum and then you have the $10 or 10% down. There is not a very big chance you can do anything for $10 down. I don't know, it isn't very helpful for people that need to put things on layaway. Unless it is a big item(s).

Last year I think they allowed you to add to your layaway, wonder if they will be doing that again. I would hate to have to create another layaway just to add something, especially with the fees.

Yes, you can add to the layaway with no extra fee, although if you didn't pay enough down to cover the 10% with this added item, you would need to pay that. Also was told yesterday that clearance was included. What really surprised me was that if items in your layaway are cheaper or on clearance when you pay it off, the system will adjust it.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah the only thing that stinks is if any item is less than 15.00 you can't put it on layaway. I went down and had about 600.00 in layaway items xbox 360 and games and wanted to also get some skylanders for my lil guy and they wouldn't let me put them in there at all. That stinks.

I don't know that they are excluding BlackFriday items for layaway, was at my local Walmart today and the front door had layaway hours for Thursday Thanksgiving and for Friday day after Thanksgiving as 9 am-9 pm. Was just running in and out so didn't take a picture, but will when I go again later this week!

I don't know that they are excluding BlackFriday items for layaway, was at my local Walmart today and the front door had layaway hours for Thursday Thanksgiving and for Friday day after Thanksgiving as 9 am-9 pm. Was just running in and out so didn't take a picture, but will when I go again later this week!

I hope this year they do allow for BF layaway. That would help me out a lot..I could make the money I have available for that day streatch a little farther and I can keep the gifts hidden without fear that they will be found (well at least until the 14th..lol).

• 3 weeks later...

So any news if WM is allowing layaways on BF? My girls want the 179.xx laptops, but won't have their fair checks till end of month and want to put them on layaway if they are allowing it.

I would call your specific store and ask the manager. According to this on their website, layaway will be available for 'limited hours' on Black Friday. hth some.