Early Black Friday Predictions

Needs a deal

That's a great question. Market conditions say no, but my eyes tell me something else.

Prices for spinning disks peaked after the floods in Malaysia and never really came down. BUT I got a 2t usb 3 seagate disk at staples a couple weeks ago for $63 -- which feels BFish to me. I am seeing solid state disks fall as well. Internal spinning disks are getting no bigger and no cheaper. Last ones I purchased were 2t@$60 ea.

I think we are going to see a lot of deals on tablets. Looks like Amazon and Apple are fixing bayonets and Goodle has entered the fray. HP has a new tablet, the new windows tablets are out, and there are a lot of crazy cheap chinese tabs that aren't half bad.

Windows 8 is out. I'm hoping for some really good deals on ivy bridge computers running win8. My kid wants a new desktop with a screaming video card. Come on Staples...

Can't wait!

You can get 3 TB spinners for $109 on sale. Prices will probably drop another $30+ for BF ($79.99 for door buster).

With Samsung having to pull their Galaxys off the shelf, that will put upward pressure on BF tablet deals (especially higher end tabs) so I doubt we'll see great deals on top line tabs. I'd expect that entry level for <$150 and mid range can be found for less than $200 on BF. Low end laptops will be in the $150 range (per usual) for door busters. And why anyone would trust HP with a tablet after the TouchPad is beyond me.

I wouldn't jump on Windows 8. Not only is MS notorious for bugs in early releases, but Windows 8 seems to go beyond the pale regarding tracking and reporting back to MS (and whoever else). Privacy is thrown out the window in Windows 8. And Windows 7 wasn't a bad OS, not as good as XP but head and shoulders above the fiasco that was Vista.

$50 for a furbee??? weren't the originals like 20???

I think I predicted wrong. It looks like they sell for $59.99 reg. now, and yesterday I saw them on 'sale' for $54 yesterday. These new one's are interactive with iPad/iPod apps I think and a website possibly.

So, I re-do my prediction price on them and say $35.

• 2 weeks later...