Can't decide which place to go first can you help?

Miranda1313

This ma seem like an easy question to answer but I am a newbie and don't know what to do? Do I go for the place that I am spending the most money forst? the place with the most door busters I want? The place with the most # of items I want? This is what I need if you can help that would be great!

Sears: Door buster ornaments 25% off, Dept. 56 A Christmas story house 25% off, toddler, carters, other clothes 40% off, jammies and slippers for me 40% off, and $10 gc for first 200 customers

Target: griddle $19, Coffee maker $25(both of those still deciding on wether to get them), mario kart ds $28, toaster oven $30

Wal Mart: Little people playsets $10 each door busters(need one of each), tumble time tigger $24.88, roaster oven $20 door buster, friends season 10 dvd $19.86

Best Buy:grinch dvd(really want!!) door buster $3.99, need 2 shark tale dvd door buster $3.99, Fockers dvd door buster $5.99

Plus I want to go to tru that day too for a radio flyer wagon for ds and other toys for him, and a few other places for clothes and stuff for him. I need to do a lot of my shopping that day since I dont live near a bb, tru or Target and are traveling for bf and wont be back till after Christmas. What would you do if this were you? Thanks in advance!

Miranda

I'll also be traveling for BF shopping and know what you mean about wanting to get it all done when you're there.

The only advice I have is to make your first stop the store that has your #1 most wanted item. By looking at your list I think I'd go to Walmart or Best Buy 1st since they open at 5am. The Little People sets at WM & the dvds at BB will go fast. Then I'd hit Target (opens at 6am) and then Sears (unless you have your heart set on that $10 GC). I'd try to get TRU toys online if possible so that'd be one less store to hit.

Good luck to you. I'm in the same boat!

My recommendation would be to go to Sears first. They are the only one on your list that has a gift card for the first XXX customers. Get the card, get in, get out, and head to Walmart. I would go to BB last, as, even being doorbusters, they will have butt-loads of dvd's in stock, so you'll probably be able to find them even after the initial rush of BF shoppers.

I'm in about the same boat. I have to go to Wal-mart to get one of the laptops, then off to sears and praying that I'll be one of the first 200 customers. After that, I don't have any more doorbusters, so I can shop at my leisure.

Good luck,

Josh

Why don't you use the stragedy of divide and conquer. You send someone else like your husband or boyfriend to one store and you hit the other. You just need to determine what is #1 on your list. What do you really want? Get that first and hope that other stuff is still there. Also, you need to find out opening hours of each place. Could be one starts an hour or so earlier.

Why don't you use the stragedy of divide and conquer. You send someone else like your husband or boyfriend to one store and you hit the other. You just need to determine what is #1 on your list. What do you really want? Get that first and hope that other stuff is still there. Also, you need to find out opening hours of each place. Could be one starts an hour or so earlier.

Good advice.

You should also:

Make a map of where all the stores are and the distance between them.

Rank the items in order of importance, forget about cheap items like $3.99 DVD's. Ask yourself, is it really worth waiting 3 hours just to save $5 on a DVD? The answer is NO.

Unfortunately all 4 stores you listed are going to be very busy, Best Buy and Walmart will probably be the busiest. Try to get friends, family, co-workers, neighborhood teens, whoever to help you out.

Hope that helps :)

If it were me, I would go to Best Buy first. They usually have the longest lines, and they're just going to get worse as the day goes on. If you get in when they open and do your shopping quickly, you may not need to wait too long.

My other strategy is to start at the place that opens first. If you get through Best Buy in an hour, you might still make Sears in time for the gift card (assuming they are close by).

Hope that helps!

I too would go to BEST BUY ..FIRST. I stood in line there last year for 1 3/4 hours only because I didn't go there first. UGH... They didn't have all their lines open. If you aren't going to have them all open on that morning - WHEN would you have them all open, is what I kept thinking.... Got to know a lot of people in line around me, though!

Last year, we made the mistake of returning to BB after we'd been in BB for the doorbusters then heading over to Sears (which had everything left an hour after the doors opened, btw.) The checkout line, now approx 2 1/2 hours into the bliz hours, had snaked around the interior circumference of the store twice.....ran up one aisle, along the back, down the aisle along TVs (on the right side of the store), then doubled back up along TVs, along the back, and back down the original aisle. The checkout line looked to be several hours long by that time which is why BB is the first place we'll go to, never last.

Wal-Mart, by comparison, is much better setup to handle a huge volume of shoppers in almost any store......much better than BB or CC or most any other seller except maybe Target.

This ma seem like an easy question to answer but I am a newbie and don't know what to do? Do I go for the place that I am spending the most money forst? the place with the most door busters I want? The place with the most # of items I want? This is what I need if you can help that would be great!

Sears: Door buster ornaments 25% off, Dept. 56 A Christmas story house 25% off, toddler, carters, other clothes 40% off, jammies and slippers for me 40% off, and $10 gc for first 200 customers

Target: griddle $19, Coffee maker $25(both of those still deciding on wether to get them), mario kart ds $28, toaster oven $30

Wal Mart: Little people playsets $10 each door busters(need one of each), tumble time tigger $24.88, roaster oven $20 door buster, friends season 10 dvd $19.86

Best Buy:grinch dvd(really want!!) door buster $3.99, need 2 shark tale dvd door buster $3.99, Fockers dvd door buster $5.99

Plus I want to go to tru that day too for a radio flyer wagon for ds and other toys for him, and a few other places for clothes and stuff for him. I need to do a lot of my shopping that day since I dont live near a bb, tru or Target and are traveling for bf and wont be back till after Christmas. What would you do if this were you? Thanks in advance!

Miranda

I would go to Walmart if it is a supercenter first because you may be able to price match everything you want from Best Buy, Target and TRU. then I would head to Sears