Cookie Recipe Exchange?

Peshua

These are my favorite. Not really just for christmas, but that's when I make them ;)

Peanut Butter Blossoms

http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipes/detail.asp?id=5191

Ingredients:

48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates

1/2 cup shortening

3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter or REESE'S Crunchy Peanut Butter

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1/3 cup packed light brown sugar

1 egg

2 tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

Granulated sugar

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.

2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.

3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.

4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.

Here's my son's favorite --

Snowballs

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup butter

1/4 cup sugar

1-2 cups ground pecans (you can use whatever your fav nut is)

2 cups sifted flour

Confectioner Sugar

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Cream butter and vanilla.

Add sugar, nuts, flour - Mix well

Shape into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet

Bake for 20 minutes

Roll in Confectioner Sugar when first removed from oven and then again when cooled before storing.

BUCKEYE COOKIES

1/2 lb. butter

1 lb. (2 c.) peanut butter

1 lb. (4 c.) powdered sugar

1 tbsp. vanilla

1 1/2 pkg. (8 oz.) graham crackers, ground fine

Mix first 4 items. Add crumbs and mix by hand. Form into balls about the size of a walnut. Place on cookie sheet and refrigerate overnight. Stick a toothpick in balls and dip in chocolate, leaving top uncoated to resemble a "buckeye."

CHOCOLATE DIP:

Melt 1/4 cake paraffin over double boiler. Take boiling water off the fire before adding 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate to the melted paraffin. Be careful not to get any water in the mixture. Approximately 100 cookies

Not really a cookie, but I like these too:

MERINGUED PECANS

2 c. pecan halves

1 egg white

3/4 c. brown sugar

To 1 beaten egg white, slowly add 3/4 cup brown sugar. Fold in 2 cups pecan halves. Place individually on baking sheet. Bake approximately 30 minutes at 250 degrees. Turn off oven and leave nuts in oven for another 30 minutes for meringue to dry and crisp. Will keep well in air tight container.

I want to add this excellent frosting for making decorated cookies. my kids and i made professional looking cookies last year with this frosting. it comes in tubes with a writing tip.. you keep it in warm bowls of water while your working to keep it flowing. it dries fast and hard so you can stack the cookies and they wont mess up. so fun. it is called frosting doodles. we bought them at AC.Moore store. for 1.99 per color. you would be surprized how far those tubes go... really far..this is what they look like:

http://www.goldingcraft.com/picture2/FrostDo.jpg

I want to add this excellent frosting for making decorated cookies. my kids and i made professional looking cookies last year with this frosting. it comes in tubes with a writing tip.. you keep it in warm bowls of water while your working to keep it flowing. it dries fast and hard so you can stack the cookies and they wont mess up. so fun. it is called frosting doodles. we bought them at AC.Moore store. for 1.99 per color. you would be surprized how far those tubes go... really far..this is what they look like:

http://www.goldingcraft.com/picture2/FrostDo.jpg

Hey that is awesome...I will have to try this stuff out with my grandchildren when they come over to decorate Christmas cookies with me.

I have the original oatmeal cookie recipe from quaker oats before they tried to lower fat etc to be trendy..you could just drop the raisins. I have added nuts and cranberries the craisin or dried cranberries to it too. i think if you cook them to the directions they are moist.

Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/4 c margerine

3/4 c firmly packed brown sugar

1/2 c regular sugar

1 egg

1 tsp. vanilla

1 1/2 c. flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

3 cups oldfashioned oats....(quick oats if desired, I prefer the original)

1 c. raisins if desired

cream the first 3 ingredients till light and fluffy, beat in eggs and vanilla.

combine dry ingredients except for oats and raisins. gradually add to creamed mixture until well mixed. then stir in the oats and raisins. drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in a 375 degree oven for 9 min. or until slightly brown on top. let sit for a few mins befor removing from tray.

Me and the kids used this recipe last yr. for the first time and it will now replace sugar cookies for christmas cookie making. they were really tasty not hard as a rock and were tan in color. they roll and decorate just like sugar cookies... but are softer and taste better.

Rolled spice cookies

3 3/4 cups sifted flour

1 1/4 tsp baking powder

2 1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 1/4 tsp cloves

1 1/2 cups butter or margarine

2 cups brown sugar (i would use light unless you want dark looking cookies)

1 egg

mix together the first 4 dry ingredients and set aside.

Cream butter and sugar together..then add egg. Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. chill well, Roll abought 1/8 thick, cut with assorted cutters.

Bake on ungreased cookie sheets in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 12 min. decorate as desired

yeild about 6 dozen

help looking for a recipe

it's made on top of the stove not baked

i know it contains sugar cocoa peanut butter oatmeal not sure what else

after all is added you drop em on wax paper............anybody have it?

sure would love to have if it anyone wants to share if i come across it i will share it

help looking for a recipe

it's made on top of the stove not baked

i know it contains sugar cocoa peanut butter oatmeal not sure what else

after all is added you drop em on wax paper............anybody have it?

sure would love to have if it anyone wants to share if i come across it i will share it

I think this is it...sounds like it anyway. My friends and I used to make them all the time. easy and yummy

Chocolate No Bake Cookies

1 Stick Butter

1/2 cup milk

3 cup Sugar

3 Tablespoons Cocoa

Cook the above in a pot until melted.

Add 3 Tablespoons Peanut Butter

Bring to a boil. One whole minute (important)

take off the stove and add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 3 cups oats (oatmeal)

Drop on wax paper. Let cool. Once cool and firm, eat up!

I think this is it...sounds like it anyway. My friends and I used to make them all the time. easy and yummy

1 Stick Butter

1/2 cup milk

3 cup Sugar

3 Tablespoons Cocoa

Mahalo that does sound like it didn't remember the milk but i am going to try em sounds like what i meant much Mahalos

I have a top of the stove one thats delishous. it has coconut instead of peanutbutter.

Oat delights

2 c. sugar

6 TBl sp. cocoa

1/2 c. butter or margerine

1/2 c. milk

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 c. shredded coconut

3 c. Oats

combine the first 4 ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.

add the vanilla and remove from heat. stir in coconut and oats. drop by teaspoons ful onto wax or parchment paper and chill to set.

note: i like to mix the coconut and oats together in a bowl and pour and stir the chocolate mix in. i found it easier.

NO BAKE COOKIES

2 c. sugar 1/2 c milk

1 stk butter 1/2 c cocoa

1/2 c peanut butter 1 tsp vanilla

3 c oats

mix 1st 4 over low heat, till boil- remove add the rest- blend well drop on wax paper refridgerate till set hard,

• 2 weeks later...

Harvest Cookies

3/4 cup butter or margerine, softened

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

2-3/4 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, beat on high until light and fluffy. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill 1 hour or until firm. On a lightly floured surface, roll to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out and using a floured spatula, place cookies on greased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with sugar if desired (or frost baked cookies after they have cooled). Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.

Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies

INGREDIENTS:

* 3 cups all-purpose flour

* 2 teaspoons baking soda

* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger

* 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 1 cup butter or margarine

* 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar

* 1 large egg

* 1/3 cup light molasses

* 1 (11 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels

DIRECTIONS:

1. PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.

2. COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in small bowl.

3. BEAT butter, sugar, egg and molasses in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

4. BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

I didn't bake last year as I was on strict bedrest while I was pregnant ... This year, though, I'm going all out :giggle:

Here's one I found on a Nestle Hot Cocoa packet LOL...not a cookie, but sounds yummy!

Peanutty Chocolate Truffles

Ingredients:

• 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margerine (softened)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup Milk Chocolate Nestle Hot Cocoa Mix
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup finely chopped cocktail peanuts

Directions

• LINE baking sheets with waxed paper.
  • BEAT peanut butter, butter, and vanilla extract in medium bowl until creamy. Combine cocoa mix and powdered sugar in another bowl. Stir into peanut butter mixture.
  • PLACE peanuts in flat dish. Scoop peanut butter mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls; roll in peanuts to coat. Place on prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm.

Serving Size: 24 truffles (I believe this is how many the recipe makes, not what you should consider a serving size :giggle: )

1 Stick Butter

1/2 cup milk

3 cup Sugar

3 Tablespoons Cocoa

Used to have these when I was a girl scout...thanks so much these will be fun this year!:holiday08

Shortbread Cookies

I got this recipe from a friend and tried it the other day. It is the best shortbread/butter cookie recipe i ever made. I used my mixer on it too instead of following the directions to do it by hand. i only mixed till the dough started to form then i finished it by hand. i put a nice walnut half ontop of each one. I'm told these taste even better when aged for about three weeks. i'm trying to hide a tin of them from the family so i can find out.

kathy

Shortbread Cookies

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 cups butter, softened

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup confectioners' sugar

1 cup cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:

1. Work all the ingredients together with your hands until blended. Shape all of the dough into 1 inch balls

2. Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 20 minutes.

3. Let cool 10 minutes then carefully lift with spatula to cake racks to cool. Store in air tight container with wax paper between layers. Cookies keep well.

4. Variations: Flatten some balls with tines of fork and press 1/4 of a red or green glace cherry in center of each. Make thumbprint indentation in some balls and fill with a tiny bit of jam, jelly or marmalade. Dip some balls in slightly beaten egg white and roll in finely chopped walnuts. Bake as they are or make an indentation in top and spoon in a little jam or marmalade. Dip some balls in egg white and roll in desiccated coconut. Bake as they are or make an indentation and spoon in a little jam, jelly or marmalade.

Shortbread Cookies

I got this recipe from a friend and tried it the other day. It is the best shortbread/butter cookie recipe i ever made. I used my mixer on it too instead of following the directions to do it by hand. i only mixed till the dough started to form then i finished it by hand. i put a nice walnut half ontop of each one. I'm told these taste even better when aged for about three weeks. i'm trying to hide a tin of them from the family so i can find out.

kathy

Shortbread Cookies

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 cups butter, softened

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup confectioners' sugar

1 cup cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:

1. Work all the ingredients together with your hands until blended. Shape all of the dough into 1 inch balls

2. Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 20 minutes.

3. Let cool 10 minutes then carefully lift with spatula to cake racks to cool. Store in air tight container with wax paper between layers. Cookies keep well.

4. Variations: Flatten some balls with tines of fork and press 1/4 of a red or green glace cherry in center of each. Make thumbprint indentation in some balls and fill with a tiny bit of jam, jelly or marmalade. Dip some balls in slightly beaten egg white and roll in finely chopped walnuts. Bake as they are or make an indentation in top and spoon in a little jam or marmalade. Dip some balls in egg white and roll in desiccated coconut. Bake as they are or make an indentation and spoon in a little jam, jelly or marmalade.

These sound like Melting Moments that my mother and I always made - I'm actually trying them this year again (I've done them a few different years). I'll have to double check to make sure it's the same recipe, but we always took the decorator's icing and decorated with holly leaves & berries. We bought the decorator tips and with the flower tip, we used to make the leaves (3 strips of green) and then the red hots for the berries.