Anyone else looking at these ads and saying "So what..."?

scott78945

I can't believe the ads this year. They seem to get worse and worse every year. I just don't see a darn thing worth even waking up early to buy online for let along stand in line for with 500 other people. Is it just me? As others have pointed out, some priced for BF are not the lowest that they will go. I have found better prices after BF many times. I just don't know anymore...just not excited anymore.

I tend to agree. I thought last years profits were flat and this year was going to be a huge year for blitz items. Oh well, I'm still getting up at 3am to hit Wally's for those darn care bears and lots of pm's and should be done by 6:30.

I am not too impressed either, but I have 3 small children so the big things aren't on my Santa list. But you bet your butt I will still be there. I must be nuts but BF is my little piece of sanity! No kids for me to worry about and I get to do guilt free shopping!! This mom of 3 can't ask for much more then that! Well I probably could but.................

Vicki

I only have 5 things for the Walmart ad and even those are more like "eh.....whatever". I don't know. It might be that the ads aren't good this year or it might be that we got all the stuff I truly wanted last year and nothing has really changed. Oh well, maybe it is for the best since Chris doesn't have off that day anyway.

The only things I've seen that have been impressive is writeable CDs and photo paper. I seen some Stanley things for $1.99 at Ace that I'd get too (not for Xmas though), but all of it's AFTER REBATE! Hardly worth going out for, IMO.

I'm waiting on Circuit City, but if it's a bust, I will probably just stay home. I get better deals at other times of the year.

I agree, nothing has really jumped out at me. Hoping Circuit city comes out with some great deals(my fav bf store anyway). It almost makes you wonder if some of the ads are fakes. I'm sure they are all real, but they aren't spectacular.

Its pretty bad the only things Im going out for is the Gameboy Sp and Life game at Target and .99 Revlon lipsticks at walgreens

Good deal on the Tide detergent at Walgreens, too. Not really a BF item, but I'll probably stock up. Especially if you can get the kind w/Febreez!! :g_thumble

Guest all2tired
Yeah I'm not real impressed with a lot of the sales but there are a couple of things that I needed that are at a decent price so I will wait outside in the cold to try and get them.

I agree, I was realy hoping Target would have some better deals on their toys. Last year I bought almost all my daughter's toys at Target and Kmart, but this year I hardly see anything worth getting up so early for.... I will still probably go to Target and hope they have some sales like last year, I picked up a bunch of Barbies for under $2 each. I also need to get my hubby some tools from Sears, but I don't have to be the first one in the door there. Maybe Kohls or Mervyns will have something more appealling. So far the "deals" are "Ho Hum". :tired:

Michele :usflag:

I haven't found anything really that just jumped out at me as a gotta have. I had hoped that I'd see some of my kids things that I wanted somewhere. So far, there are a couple of games that were on my list and that's about it. I saw one person write that last year at Target she was able to get Barbie's for under 2 bucks. If I knew that they would have them this year, I'd be there in a heart beat! The last one I'm waiting for is KBTOYS. They are my last hope for something great!

I haven't been as excited at the ads either. But I still am excited for the challenge and just the fun of spending, spending! :lolrun:

I have a PDA to snag at Staples for my DH - that's my most important item on this year's BF agenda.

If I happen to spot an opportunity to grab a $30 DVD player without losing a limb, I probably will. :yup:

Other than that I will be trying to get some of the deals on clothes and homegoods.

why should the retailers give better deals they only reason they offer good deals is to get trafic fllowing through the store..... i have yet to see a big box retailer that doesnt have people lined up at when the doors open.... therefore if the company is getting all those people they dont really need to offer any more deals

depends what you are looking for really, im getting a new cell phone, laptop, desktop,lots of blank dvd discs, a car cd player, and maybe a hard drive or two and one of the 42" plasmas, they are all insane deals. a few things i have noticed is there aren't any very good digital camera cd/dvd burner or jewelry deals, i also expected somebody to run cheal dual layer dvd blanks, which i haven't seen. some of the hard drives are VERY good prices though as are the phones (if you need one)

i think the main difference is just there aren't as many freebies and under 10 dollar stuff, you save a lot if you want big ticket items.

I can't believe the ads this year. They seem to get worse and worse every year. I just don't see a darn thing worth even waking up early to buy online for let along stand in line for with 500 other people. Is it just me? As others have pointed out, some priced for BF are not the lowest that they will go. I have found better prices after BF many times. I just don't know anymore...just not excited anymore.

I agree with you. This year deals aren't that good. I am seeing some electronics goods being sold at higher price than last year's BF sale price. I am hoping CC will come out with some good deals on 32 inch LCD TVs.

Grapico, where did you see the car dc player? My son is fixing up his first vehicle and wants one.

forgot to say that I agree with most on here. There's just not a lot jumping out at me.

it is a Kenwood (good brand) at best buy for 129.99 and for my girlfriend, the enticing thing about it is that it has built in IPOD and sirius radio jacks, i.e. you plug in the ipod and can control it from the cd player, it also plays mp3-cd discs. It also comes with free installation.

I am certainly glad to see that I am not the only one. Where have the days gone where the deals were SO good that I would just about have knocked someone over for them. I just don't see it anymore. As others have stated, as long as they are bringing them in why should they care. So, no one should go out on BF, that will send them a message. Could you imagine... I am too waiting for Circuit City in hopes of something good to save this BF but as it is looking, I am not too optimistic. :(