Anyone else unhappy with JC Penney's new pricing?

What I'm really wondering is how this will affect the Penney's outlet in my area???? I never shopped for anything until after I stopped in there first. I have a feeling they will soon be closing due to lack of business. Oh well.....:bigcry:

I would love the pricing idea if the prices were a decent deal but I didn't see anything that was a good price for what I was looking for. It was a little disappointing because I thought the prices would be 40 or 50% of the regular price and they didn't seem that different. I really doubt I'll go there again since we have a Kohl's the same distance away.

I'm a mega clearance shopper at my local Penneys. The manager there is awesome. Here's what he told me. After it goes to the 80% off then they will leave it to the stores again to mark it what they want. So there still might be some good deals. I'm giving it a try even though initially I couldn't stand the idea. I also think those signs are pretty hard to read for someone who is nearsighted! I used to be able to see what racks to hit from across the room but those tiny dollar amts don't show up real well. I know the smaller signs probably make for a "sleeker" appearance but I don't like them. I actually loved that screaming commercial. I thought it was a hoot. Ok, so I'm a little weird! :) Right now all the ladies and jr. coats are $20.00. They said they would be that price through the weekend and then they were sending them back to the warehouse. I'll probably stop by on Monday just to check.

I'm a mega clearance shopper at my local Penneys. The manager there is awesome. Here's what he told me. After it goes to the 80% off then they will leave it to the stores again to mark it what they want. So there still might be some good deals. I'm giving it a try even though initially I couldn't stand the idea. I also think those signs are pretty hard to read for someone who is nearsighted! I used to be able to see what racks to hit from across the room but those tiny dollar amts don't show up real well. I know the smaller signs probably make for a "sleeker" appearance but I don't like them. I actually loved that screaming commercial. I thought it was a hoot. Ok, so I'm a little weird! :) Right now all the ladies and jr. coats are $20.00. They said they would be that price through the weekend and then they were sending them back to the warehouse. I'll probably stop by on Monday just to check.

Hi Kathy!

Where have you been????

I haven't been in JCP since Christmas (haven't needed anything) but they are sending out some EXPENSIVE (IMO)

catalogues to me in the mail. Granted,they are beautiful productions but I wonder how much those things cost?

I really loved the promos I got like $10 off $10 or $10 off $25-that's really when I shopped Penney's.

I spent a lot of my dollars there in Nov/Dec.

I will probably be there to see what they have for Easter clothes. I really do like their quality and styles of clothing but if they've stopped the Hello Red discounts/incentives,I might do better at Kohl's.

I will just add that my Penney's was PACKED every weekend this past holiday season-it was almost too crowded to shop!

I took that as a good sign,but apparently not :o

I thought I heard quite awhile ago that all the JCP outlets were closing? I know they made a big deal about the one in my area and how it was supposed to close. It hasn't yet though...

They aren't closing the stores -- Penney's sold off the clearance portion of their business to an capital group. No clearance stores were closed and no employees lost their jobs.

Here's an article about it: http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2011/10/18/jc-penney-sells-15-outlet-stores.html

My wife and I frequent the Reading, PA store. They can't be beat for bedding or men's semi-casual shirts (stuff to wear with khakis).

Hi Kathy!

Where have you been????

I haven't been in JCP since Christmas (haven't needed anything) but they are sending out some EXPENSIVE (IMO)

catalogues to me in the mail. Granted,they are beautiful productions but I wonder how much those things cost?

I really loved the promos I got like $10 off $10 or $10 off $25-that's really when I shopped Penney's.

I spent a lot of my dollars there in Nov/Dec.

I will probably be there to see what they have for Easter clothes. I really do like their quality and styles of clothing but if they've stopped the Hello Red discounts/incentives,I might do better at Kohl's.

I will just add that my Penney's was PACKED every weekend this past holiday season-it was almost too crowded to shop!

I took that as a good sign,but apparently not :o

Thanks! Lost my password and too busy to do the steps to get a new one. Hopefully I'll be on more often. :)

I do not like the new pricing at all. It was just fun to go in and get some great deals, the fun is just out of shopping there anymore. I used to always do the surveys and get the 15%off plus the 10/25. I do not like Khols at all so I figure, I must have enough clothes.

Our store looks nicer than I ever remember it looking. Neat, organized, good lighting. I didn't really look at the prices though b/c we were looking for something specific and couldn't find it. But I agree, the reason I shopped there was b/c of the good sales + coupons, so I probably won't go except as a last resort.

I do not like the new pricing at all. It was just fun to go in and get some great deals, the fun is just out of shopping there anymore. I used to always do the surveys and get the 15%off plus the 10/25. I do not like Khols at all so I figure, I must have enough clothes.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. I mean, I can wrap my brain around the idea that cutting out the junk (sales/coupons/etc) allegedly makes the item the "same price" as it would be if you used a coupon etc off the higher price but doing so takes the fun out of shopping. I like the hunt for the bargain EVEN IF it works out to be the "same price" as it is under the "everyday value" system. It's just not fun anymore. I went to the mall with $200 of my tax refund that I was allowing myself to blow and I only spent 10 minutes in JCP and that was mostly in purses because I was in need of a new one. I tried to do my usual routine/route but it was lacking in excitement so I left. I too do not like Kohls. I used to love Kohls but switched when I discovered how much bigger JCP's selection is. Now I don't like Kohls at all. Guess I have enough clothes as well. And I guess I'll need a real therapist now since my retail therapy outlet has dried up.

OK, I am confused. I just got a flyer in the mail from JCP saying:

This Friday's a big deal.

Every 1st and 3rd Friday the best stuff is moved to its best price.

February 17th marks the 3rd Friday,

so hurry in before all the goods

are good and gone.

What?? I haven't read up on it too much so maybe I just don't understand it completely, but I thought that was the whole deal, that their stuff was always going to be at the best price.

OK, I am confused. I just got a flyer in the mail from JCP saying:

This Friday's a big deal.

Every 1st and 3rd Friday the best stuff is moved to its best price.

February 17th marks the 3rd Friday,

so hurry in before all the goods

are good and gone.

What?? I haven't read up on it too much so maybe I just don't understand it completely, but I thought that was the whole deal, that their stuff was always going to be at the best price.

I got the same flyer yesterday and it confused me too.

I got the same flyer yesterday and it confused me too.

There items are already low. But there is 3 different pricing structures. On the 1st and 3rd Fridays they move some items to a lower price structure just for that day. It is a way to draw in customers without giving out coupons.

No, they aren't moved there for one day. It's actually their clearance stuff. It's now called Best pricing, THey are saying hurry in there because it's being moved to clearance and won't be there long before it sells out. I bought a bra that was old pink tag clearanced for 14.99 and on the new best price rack it was 9.00.

There items are already low. But there is 3 different pricing structures. On the 1st and 3rd Fridays they move some items to a lower price structure just for that day. It is a way to draw in customers without giving out coupons.

I don't like the new pricing structure either. I used to be a loyal JCP shopper, but this new pricing plan isn't working for me. I hate Walmart, so to replicate their structure is a waste for me. I used to love Kohl's, but their merchandise was getting stale to me and their pricing has seemed to go up quite a bit this past year.

I will probably still shop JCP, but without the coupons they won't draw me in so much anymore. I'll pop in once in a blue moon. I'll also be buying my hair care products elsewhere since they won't be having sales or coupons that I can use on those. My new favorite store is Parisian (Bon Ton) in my area - guess it will stay that way for a while.

I went yesterday and alot of the stuff didn't even have the new tags on it and none of my stuff rang up what the tag stated, she had to stop and change it all. Then a friend who went with me bought stuff that was tagged and rang up alot lower (which of course is good) and had I known the prices could be lower than tagged, I would have scanned like crazy to get more stuff. (though most rang up higher) The only stuff I have been finding is in mens and kids. Nothing for me nor do they have anything for myself that I"m keeping an eye on. Just don't like the quality of what is on the racks. They seemed to reduce (make smaller) their dress/suit section as well. Pretty sad.

I don't like the new pricing structure either. I used to be a loyal JCP shopper, but this new pricing plan isn't working for me. I hate Walmart, so to replicate their structure is a waste for me. I used to love Kohl's, but their merchandise was getting stale to me and their pricing has seemed to go up quite a bit this past year.

I will probably still shop JCP, but without the coupons they won't draw me in so much anymore. I'll pop in once in a blue moon. I'll also be buying my hair care products elsewhere since they won't be having sales or coupons that I can use on those. My new favorite store is Parisian (Bon Ton) in my area - guess it will stay that way for a while.

We used to have parisians here, I miss that store so much. We have elder beerman which was bought by bon ton so they closed our parisians.

I passed by my nearest Jcp this Saturday and you could almost hear a cricket in there. I wonder when they'll realize that this new plan is not working.

I glanced at their prices and I was like, nope, that's too much. Who knows when I'll be back in there.

We went through JCP this weekend on our way to a different store... same thing for us, prices seemed ridiculous. Every day pricing? Maybe for people that can every day spend a lot? I will give it a shot this Friday and see what they are offering on their special day (kind of seems like a sale to me? and they are sending out advertisements?). Hope I see some good prices or that may be it for me with JCP

I sent them an email when they announced the new pricing and they said "give us a chance". So I did. Haven't bought anything on-line from them since. I went to the mall a week ago and tried the store. Hated it. I sent them another email and they asked me to "give them another chance". Just how many times do they think I'm going to try to shop there and not buy anything? I used to like the coupons because I knew I was getting a bargain. I could buy something on sale and still use the coupon. Now, not so much. The prices seem higher and I know the choices are fewer. My dd's sizes 7-14 were half gone when we went in. Once whole side of the section was full of jeans and that's it. Used to be full of clothes. They are going to do themselves right out of business.

Actually I'm liking it better now. I'm not a regular price shopper so I haven't even looked at the regular prices. However, they are doing some pretty good markdowns afterall. Tomorrow they will start marking down again for the 3rd Friday markdowns. They just sold all their girl coats for $10.00 (even the $100.00+ ones). Over the weekend they marked the boys pj's $1.00 (missed that 'cause I was sick). I got some $2.00 mens polo shirts, etc... I think when it goes to the 3rd markdown the store can price it what they want. So, I wouldn't give up on Penneys until they go through one full season and see what happens. I'm sure it will vary from city to city but so far so good here.