Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

The TV was sitting at 15% off for about a month, then suddenly dropped. I'm not sure about the return - they usually have a different sticker and say online return, this one just had the regular sticker. It was the only one there though, so who knows - I know they had them in the store on Black Friday, so maybe it was a leftover (or return) from that. I was just excited to grab it so DH wouldn't go spend $700 on a tv since we were looking for one :)

The TV was sitting at 15% off for about a month, then suddenly dropped. I'm not sure about the return - they usually have a different sticker and say online return, this one just had the regular sticker. It was the only one there though, so who knows - I know they had them in the store on Black Friday, so maybe it was a leftover (or return) from that. I was just excited to grab it so DH wouldn't go spend $700 on a tv since we were looking for one :)

Good score-enjoy!

:)

OK Target friends, I have a question. How do internet returns usually get marked down.....I am currently stalking two pairs of Beats marked 15% off...Are they just random markdowns no rhyme or reason?

I vote for no rhyme or reason! :) I've seen things start at 80% off all the way down to 15% and sit there forever.

Lots of 30% markdowns in bedding. Dog food and accessories marked down 30-50% (don't have cats, but saw red tags in that isle too). Found 70% off throughout stationary (planners, poster board) and the "crayola craft" type stuff located near stationary. Got the roseart sidewalk chalk eggs (8pack) for 1.48 and and some other items:

###081043101 roseart sidewalk chalk eggs 1.48 was 4.99

###083050873 boots and barkley dog collar 3.48 was 6.99

###081041199 elmers project repositionable borders (160 pieces) 1.00 was 3.34

###053191029 pink napkins (60 count value pack) .88 was 2.99

I don't think they'll clearance them. I think Amazon will take them back. But that's just my guess. I have been in one store with the big new Apple display, what a waste of space, and they removed the Sony & Amazon products entirely (not even in the book section). The Sony ereaders are clearance at all our other stores, but not the Nook.

Found Patio furniture & cushions on clearance at the Montclair, CA store today. This is the only store I have seen them down so far, but if they are ahead, probably the rest will go this week or next. Found some nice 12" GI Joe figures earlier this week for 70% off. The markdown team told me that they have had so little to mark lately that they are going home early everyday.

When will The Webster (or other Shops at Target) items go on clearance? It's been nearly a month. Six weeks? I am hoping one of the Webster skirts will hit the rack, along with some of the Privet House stuff. The other shops I'm not rushing to buy, although if the dog stuff gets cheap... (probably not. Jason Wu only went to 30%)

When will The Webster (or other Shops at Target) items go on clearance? It's been nearly a month. Six weeks? I am hoping one of the Webster skirts will hit the rack, along with some of the Privet House stuff. The other shops I'm not rushing to buy, although if the dog stuff gets cheap... (probably not. Jason Wu only went to 30%)

My guess would be the middle of June to the end of June. About the time they get ready to transition to back to school. Didn't see anything I was interested in. Too bad.

Found Patio furniture & cushions on clearance at the Montclair, CA store today. This is the only store I have seen them down so far, but if they are ahead, probably the rest will go this week or next. Found some nice 12" GI Joe figures earlier this week for 70% off. The markdown team told me that they have had so little to mark lately that they are going home early everyday.

Do you know why this is? I find very little marked down at any of my Targets anymore. Is it just because its at the beginning of the season?

Do you know why this is? I find very little marked down at any of my Targets anymore. Is it just because its at the beginning of the season?

It is a real change, and probably permanent. They had too much clearance before and it was killing them financially. They changed to a Just In Time ordering system which keeps their inventory from getting too big at any of the stores. This saves them a lot of money on warehousing and is supposed to minimize the need for clearance. It has had the unfortunate effect of also causing more outages of product than I remember them ever having in the past. It also means that they tend to clearance a LOT less and what they do clearance tends to be lots of a few items that just didn't sell well. Not sure how much it has really helped them financially as their overall numbers are still down.

Anyone remember when the big toy clearance is at Target in July? I cant eremember if it is the beginning/middle or end of themonth. Thanks =)

It is usually the end of July / beginning of August. I am usually sweating it because I go to Comic Con, which is normally the 3rd week of July, but is earlier this year. It has been after Comic Con the last 3 years, though, so that would be about the last week of July.