* Official Black Friday TV / HDTV Thread *

ozziebandit

When I look at it I make out Mail in Rebate in the bottom sentence. Is there anyone out there that can confirm if it's instant savings or mail in rebate and how much? This is pretty important for my planning and where i'm going BF morning.

It definitely has both components....says XXX Mail in Rebate and XXX Instant savings. Would be great if someone knew the dollar amounts for each!

Why wait 'til BF??

Just got my Sunday ads; Killer deal on a 32" starting tomorrow. BB has the 32" Westy for $899 plus tax out-the-door, no MIRs or AOL signups involved. Combine that with the 10% off Reward Zone coupon, and the TV is $809 plus tax.......

http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/P/v3/CouponWrapper.asp?E=4294;866681;574633381;1;02&R=T1_CPN_50147&A=1007&ci=50147

Thanks again! I was at BB 10 minutes before they opened and came home with the 32" Westy! With my 12% off coupon it was $791.99! What a deal!!! :greenappl:bounce_fl:g_thumpsu:gd_pineap:gd_shake:

Thanks again! I was at BB 10 minutes before they opened and came home with the 32" Westy! With my 12% off coupon it was $791.99! What a deal!!! :greenappl:bounce_fl:g_thumpsu:gd_pineap:gd_shake:

I still have to go in and get mine pricematched, but I'm too busy watching footall on it. It's not a true HD signal, just digital cable and it still lookes terrific. I have my dvd player hoked up through component for now and it looks amazing, but I'll be setting up my htpc soon so I can hook it up through hdmi, then it'll look even better. The picture on the TV looks really good right out of the box. I haven't even opened the TV menu yet since I'm too lazy today. Just thought I'd tell anyone that's looking for a 32 LCD, I wouldn't wait since the only one on BF is a Protron?? from sears.

I frgot to ask, is there a rebate on yours?

Hey Everyone, I have been reading most of the responses, and No One talks about the Phillips Plasma HDTV for 1799.00. I can tell you that it is an AWESOME TV. The picture is incredible and for that price everyone should spend a little more money!!!!! It also comes with everything you could want like a USB port, cablecard ready, HDTV, HDMI.

One more thing, I looked up the best buy stores here in california, and EVERYONE of them are out of both the MAXENT plasma for 999 and the MAG. for 1499. What a waste, I hate bestbuy, they are always OUT OF STOCK ON EVERYTHING!

Why wait 'til BF??

Just got my Sunday ads; Killer deal on a 32" starting tomorrow. BB has the 32" Westy for $899 plus tax out-the-door, no MIRs or AOL signups involved. Combine that with the 10% off Reward Zone coupon, and the TV is $809 plus tax.......

http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/P/v3/CouponWrapper.asp?E=4294;866681;574633381;1;02&R=T1_CPN_50147&A=1007&ci=50147

I went to Best Buy today with 10% coupon in hand, and they didn't give it to me. Said the coupon was on the regular price, not sale price. What gives???

I still have to go in and get mine pricematched, but I'm too busy watching footall on it. It's not a true HD signal, just digital cable and it still lookes terrific. I have my dvd player hoked up through component for now and it looks amazing, but I'll be setting up my htpc soon so I can hook it up through hdmi, then it'll look even better. The picture on the TV looks really good right out of the box. I haven't even opened the TV menu yet since I'm too lazy today. Just thought I'd tell anyone that's looking for a 32 LCD, I wouldn't wait since the only one on BF is a Protron?? from sears.

I frgot to ask, is there a rebate on yours?

I don't have an HD signal either. Just my Dish Network signal. Main reason I wanted it is for my HTPC. Setting it up through hdmi? Don't u mean DVI? This tv doesn't have an hdmi port. I guess the picture looking good out of the box depends on input. I quickly connected my Dish receiver through coax (the Svideo feed is going in to my tv tuner in my HTPC) and it looked crappy. It was fuzzy and seemed to jump around. I then tried my HTPC through Svideo (too anxious and lazy to remove my VGA cable from my desktop monitor) That was ok, but text was hard to read. It was only going to 1024x768. I finally connected my HTPC via VGA and started up Media Center and it looks great!! Some people have had problems getting their video card to run at 1360x768 (the TV's native resolution), but I had no problem. Just moved the slider bar for resolution and the next stop was 1360x768. I plan on getting a new video card on BF and will then use DVI. Nope, no rebate on mine. Price was $791.99. At first he tried to give me a hard time on my preferred customer coupon. It says 10% off or 12% if using a RewardZone card or the Best Buy card. He tried to say that the 12% off was for items in the second column (under where it says 12%). I told him to try the coupon again, this time scanning both the discount code and the RewardZone or Best Buy card code and it came up at 12%. As I sat outside the store waiting for it to open I thought maybe I should have bought it yesterday and did a PM. But didn't want to worry about having to go back. I knew I'd be too interested in enjoying the TV. Plus, you might lose your rebate when you pricematch. They'll have to return and rebuy the TV. So if it's a BB rebate and you send in the original receipt with the rebate form, they'll see the product was returned and won't honor it. Who is the rebate through? And what are the purchase dates?

I went to Best Buy today with 10% coupon in hand, and they didn't give it to me. Said the coupon was on the regular price, not sale price. What gives???

I'd go back and if they won't give it to you, ask to talk to either the Home Theater Area Manager or the Sales Manager. I don't see any reason it shouldn't be valid on it.

I'd go back and if they won't give it to you, ask to talk to either the Home Theater Area Manager or the Sales Manager. I don't see any reason it shouldn't be valid on it.

Thanks - I did go back and received the price adjustment.

They know me well there as a regular customer. There was an error on that coupon - which is why they were obligated to drop the 10%. Normally (including a set of coupons I recently received in the mail) are only for regular priced items... something BB changed about a year ago I believe.

But they goofed, and Mr.Westinghouse is ready for enjoyment!

Thanks - I did go back and received the price adjustment.

They know me well there as a regular customer. There was an error on that coupon - which is why they were obligated to drop the 10%. Normally (including a set of coupons I recently received in the mail) are only for regular priced items... something BB changed about a year ago I believe.

But they goofed, and Mr.Westinghouse is ready for enjoyment!

:gd_shake: Awesome!! :gd_shake:

Regarding the 32 Westinghouse @ BB... Were the Customer Appreciation coupons those the ones you recieved the 11th-14th which are good till tomorrow? I want to pick this tv up tomorrow, but I am worried I will get a hassle because my coupons say "Markdowns taken from regular prices" on the back. I would like the extra 12% off. 100 bucks is a decent chunk of change...Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Regarding the 32 Westinghouse @ BB... Were the Customer Appreciation coupons those the ones you recieved the 11th-14th which are good till tomorrow? I want to pick this tv up tomorrow, but I am worried I will get a hassle because my coupons say "Markdowns taken from regular prices" on the back. I would like the extra 12% off. 100 bucks is a decent chunk of change...Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Remember the Westinghouse 32" sold for $1299 yesterday (I can confirm that myself). Today it's $400 cheaper, even more so with the 10% or 12% off coupons.

What I'm trying to say is BB might be out of stock by tomorrow.

What I'm trying to say is BB might be out of stock by tomorrow.

Yea, I didn't stay up late enough last night to see the page change online, I went to bed just after midnight. But I did check this morning and the price was updated. But it was also no longer available online. It also was no longer able to allow me to see if my local store has it in stock. Even the sales associate was surprised to find out they had them in stock. He said they normally can't keep them in stock. Might want to call your local BB before heading out.

Hey, anyone have any thoughts on the 32" RCA TV from Circuit City on BF, the one that's $199? DH and I were wanting to get a new 27" or 32" TV but wasn't planning on getting one on BF. But now, after seeing that we are thinking about getting it.

Also, I'm going with a group of people so if I bought it that morning I would have to come back later that day with DH and pick it up. Does anyone know if they will let me do this? I am gonna call the store eventually, I just gotta find the time. Just wandering if anyone had done this before though.

Hey, anyone have any thoughts on the 32" RCA TV from Circuit City on BF, the one that's $199? DH and I were wanting to get a new 27" or 32" TV but wasn't planning on getting one on BF. But now, after seeing that we are thinking about getting it.

Also, I'm going with a group of people so if I bought it that morning I would have to come back later that day with DH and pick it up. Does anyone know if they will let me do this? I am gonna call the store eventually, I just gotta find the time. Just wandering if anyone had done this before though.

Hi i just bought that exact TV today. i am not risking it being sold out the morning of. i haven't opened it yet. the way my circuit City works, for you to load it in your car, you show them the receipt and they pick it up from the back. I had too many groceries in my back seat so I had to go home and come back about an hour later to pick it up. It was all good, though.

Circuit City has the TV on its website with specs and stuff and the consumer ratings were all bery positive.

I went to BB and got my 32" westinghouse price matched tonight and they wouldn't give me the 10 which sucks. But I do have the $50 rebate from buying it yesterday so it's still $850. Still well worth it for that nice of a TV. Just thought I'd mention that you're not supposed to get the 10% off a sale item, so if you do you're luckier than me.

Hi i just bought that exact TV today. i am not risking it being sold out the morning of. i haven't opened it yet. the way my circuit City works, for you to load it in your car, you show them the receipt and they pick it up from the back. I had too many groceries in my back seat so I had to go home and come back about an hour later to pick it up. It was all good, though.

Circuit City has the TV on its website with specs and stuff and the consumer ratings were all bery positive.

Can you confirm for me which on this is? I am seeing 2 of them on the web site, one for 299. and one for 399.

Also , why is CC not listed on the #1 post in this thread?:fryingpan

Just stopped by my local BB to check out the 46" DLP Toshiba and the 42" Plasma Magnavox. The Toshiba was very pixelated, could have been the signal, but it was supposed to be HD. I wasn't impressed, but I know they don't usually have them setup very well. The Magnavox looked great. Was concerned by lack of any product info on their website though and that it might be an EDTV repackaged, but it says 1024x768.

Anyone considering the 42" Hitachi Plasma at Sears for $1799? $300 more than the Magnavox, but I would guess it's a much better TV. I haven't seen one yet, would love some opinions on which way you'd go.

The BB sales guy said they have to get there at 3AM and they open at 5AM. They'll be handing out tickets in line.

I think that the Toshiba must have been that way because of your particular store. I checked the one out at my local BB and it was fine. Also if you are standing up real close it will deffinately be pixelated. I am saying you did but if you did it makes a huge difference.

The 0% interest I believe will be ending on Wednesday.

Just wanted to make sure that you are only speaking of the Circuit City store. I think I saw on this weeks BB add that the No interest till 2008 will be going for Purchases through 12/7/2005. But it also says 4 days only? So I am confused maybe someone can shed some light on this. Will I be able to go in on BF and buy my Toshiba and have 0 interest till 2008???? Thanks in advance.:)

Did the ad say what brand? Also is there a disclaimer as to qty per store and is it an early bird special? Thanks!:2wiggle:

It does not say brand and it says not available in all stores as well. I believe it's a doorbuster available only until 11am. BUT, it does say it's available online as well.

It does not say brand and it says not available in all stores as well. I believe it's a doorbuster available only until 11am. BUT, it does say it's available online as well.

Its a magnavox

Magnavox 42" Plasma HDTV with Built-in ATSC Digital Tuner, 42MF230A/37

reg. :D 1994.00:D :D

Its a magnavox

Magnavox 42" Plasma HDTV with Built-in ATSC Digital Tuner, 42MF230A/37

reg. :D 1994.00:D :D

You're telling me that Walmart will have a 42" HD plasma from Magnavox for $997? I find that incredibly hard to believe.

Or do you mean the one that's $1500 at BB?