Has anyone here ever been yelled at by retailers during the holiday season???

susiejwp

I can't remember anything like that happening. Did you contact the company about the way you were treated. I had to deal with a rude employee the other day so I e-mailed the company. I don't know if it really does anything because I never hear back, but I tell them anyway! By the way what is BBW and what kind of coupons?

Not, but I'm a fan of the self checkout. :D I don't care if I go through with 20 items, then DH goes through with 20 more, and then DHs nephew (our part time son lol, he's always with us..especially if we're at wallyworld) goes through with 20 items, too if we have to .. we hit the self checkout so we dont have to play with the mean holiday ravaged retailers :P

I have had the checker in WM yell at me every year on BF. It's always the same lady. No matter what I do, I end up in her line and she is so mean. But I have told my mom that this year all bets are off, if she yells at me again, part of my BF money will be used for bail money.

I can't remember anything like that happening. Did you contact the company about the way you were treated. I had to deal with a rude employee the other day so I e-mailed the company. I don't know if it really does anything because I never hear back, but I tell them anyway! By the way what is BBW and what kind of coupons?

BBW...Bath and Bodyworks and YEs I did complain to the company but they didn't reply...and coupons...well, I will post links to some when I get on the other computer, don't have access to them on this one....(mostly they are Buy one get one's and their latest is "buy ANYTHING and get their lip balm or gloss FREE"....not a bad beal actually, between $7.50 and $10.00 value)

I have had the checker in WM yell at me every year on BF. It's always the same lady. No matter what I do, I end up in her line and she is so mean. But I have told my mom that this year all bets are off, if she yells at me again, part of my BF money will be used for bail money.

if you give an extra yell for me I'll pony up some $$ for bail money too!...we have the NASTIEST WM employees ever! :slapcry:

Now don't go doing that...wouldn't wanna waste your time or money because of someone like that. Just smile ever so politely, start to walk away, and accidentally hit her w/ the boxes you are picking up...lol.

OK...now it's my turn...what's "flying J"???????

Flying J is a gas station/truck stop/restaurant that is across the US. My hubby worked at one in IL and now then in AZ. And at both the people are just down right rude. If you do a search for it on the internet...the first things you come across isn't their website but a bunch of complaints about them.

I think it would be worth every bit of it to "slop" her a good one!!!LMAO This old hag only works when they need the extra help because she's older than dirt. She was checking out my items last year and the jeans for my boys which were supposed to be on sale didn't ring up at sale price. I had the ad with me and showed it to her and POLITELY told her that there was a mistake with the jeans. She SLAMMED the jeans down in the sack and said in a loud and hateful voice, "Do you want the jeans or not? Because I'm not going to wait for a CSR to come over here in this crowd to fix it!" My mom begged me to just get the jeans and go on. But this year, IT'S ON!!! I can just see me dragging that old bat around by her hair and finding her manager to let them know how awful she is.

Guest all2tired
I would have screamed right back at her and then insist that she be fired. She has no business working anywhere with that attitude

I think it would be worth every bit of it to "slop" her a good one!!!LMAO This old hag only works when they need the extra help because she's older than dirt. She was checking out my items last year and the jeans for my boys which were supposed to be on sale didn't ring up at sale price. I had the ad with me and showed it to her and POLITELY told her that there was a mistake with the jeans. She SLAMMED the jeans down in the sack and said in a loud and hateful voice, "Do you want the jeans or not? Because I'm not going to wait for a CSR to come over here in this crowd to fix it!" My mom begged me to just get the jeans and go on. But this year, IT'S ON!!! I can just see me dragging that old bat around by her hair and finding her manager to let them know how awful she is.

Did she not give you the sale price? I would have demanded a CSR. And loud enough for everyone to hear. Give it to her...lol.

I would've finished the transaction then found a CSR myself and flipped out and demand that it be fixed and her to be bounced out the door on her old A$$ but I yell back and I'm quick to get nasty. I have yelled at another customer for being nasty to a real nice cashier. There were some issues w/ prices on my stuff and had to wait for a CSR then I forgot my checkbook in the car so hubby had to go get it and the lady was like "are you gonna be able to ring me up tonight" I turned around and told her if she didn't like waiting she could take her A$$ to another checkout" she sucked her teeth and me and I just did it louder if hubby didn't get back when he did Iit would've been on. The girl was nice and there was no need for nastyness.

our walmart has so rude employees I usually just get smart back with them then they quit. It's so hard not to say something back.

It's usually the ones working the floor being rude here though not the cashiers. althought sometimes they are rude too.

I have gotten yelled at before but not on BF and not at a department store. It was at the local P&C when they ran there triple coupons up to 1.99 promotion. I usually buy two or three papers a week for the coupons so I have a few double or triple copies of the same coupon. So I had a ton of groceries and I was checking out and I handed the lady my coupons and she started to scan them and then of course the register started to beep and she yelled at me that I had to many double coupons and could not use them. Well I yelled back that I spent my good money on the papers on Sunday and if they didn't want me to use more then one of the same coupon that they should only have one paper on the weekends! So needless to say she finished putting in my coupons by hand and payed about 20 bucks for 200 dollars worth of groceries. I wish they would run that promotion again! But they haven't run it again since that one time and I will not go through that womens line ever again at P&C.

One time.. I was at Kmart and there was two cashiers for every billion people so the line was long..When I got up to her and she rang up the wrong price and I asked her to change it she told me that is going to take to long and it was only 3.00.. I said I understand but that is not the price it is suppose to be.. She got all mad and said gosh what is the matter can't afford 3 bucks more.. I told her to cancel all my items and that she can take her holiday spirit and shove it where the sun don't shine.. I took everything up to CS check out and told the manager what she said..He got anthor cashier over to where she was checking out and then she was fired on the spot..

I would've finished the transaction then found a CSR myself and flipped out and demand that it be fixed and her to be bounced out the door on her old A$$ but I yell back and I'm quick to get nasty.

I have always been told that you mellow w/ age...well that has not been true w/ me. I am so quick to jump on someone's case now...maybe it's my kids that make me do it...lol.

I used to work at WM, thank goodness never on BF. Customers are rude as well. I never could handle it. Anyway, now I use self-check-out. My Mom hates them and always goes to the regular cashier. One day she yelled at me,"Why are you going to self-check out?" So to embarress her back, I yelled, "This way if I get another rude cashier, I can deal with her." She never asks me anymore to goto a cashier. LOL

I have always been told that you mellow w/ age...well that has not been true w/ me. I am so quick to jump on someone's case now...maybe it's my kids that make me do it...lol.

I agree ever since I had my son eight years ago I am more ready to jump on other people for the stupid stuff they do. I was a really mellow kid but I'm a bitchy adult! LOL I think I just got sick of being screwed over because I would never stick up for myself now that I have a child who has special needs I am more ready to jump down throats to get things done. But hey sometimes that is the only way you can get r done!