WWYD?

bfaddict1977

I am asking this question for a friend of mine. She has a 5 yr old son and all he wants is a ps3 and she wanted to get the bundle for $199 at tru. She went there and waited for 2.5 hrs for it. They told her they had plenty. She kept asking if it was the bundle and they assured her it was. A manager and several different cashiers told her this while she waited in line. They even gave her a ticket for it. She gets up to the front of the line after 2.5 hrs and lo and behold they're sold out! Says they then told her they had only 2 in the store. Then WHY give her a ticket? I find this incredibly wrong and unfair. THey did NOTHING for her. Didn't offer to make her a bundle. She said they had plenty of ps3's by themselves. She spoke with a manager and left feeling irate and defeated. I told her to call corporate tomorrow and see if they'll do anything. Will they? I feel they wronged her by giving her a ticket and reassuring her they had plenty in stock. It was wrong. It was false advertising. By the time she got to walmart they were all sold out because she had waited at tru so long. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I saw people here who had similar issues and the managers gave them a different item, some items being better then the sale item. I feel they owe her a gift card for the price of the bundle or they should sell her a similar bundle for that price quoted and promised. Am I wrong?

If THEY gave her a ticket for the correct item then they should have had it in stock and corporate should go out of their way to correct this. This is part of the reason I may never camp out, store personnel can be inept and waste your time just as much as useless websites. If she still has it in hand, I'd scan a copy and forward to them as proof.

Companies take advantage of people being busy and that is the reason they get away with half the stuff they do. They know that not everybody has the time or will make the time to call corporate or the higher ups and make a formal complaint to resolve the error/injustice. My bff has been burned too many times by switching of offers or whatever and usually just accepts whatever changes retailer made because a)she doesn't have to worry about cash and B) her time is more valuable to her.

If I was here then I would report it... get the names of the employees that told her they had plenty and gave her a ticket only to tell her that they only had 2 total when she got up there. That's seriously bad service... push for an investigation of this TRU location.

If THEY gave her a ticket for the correct item then they should have had it in stock and corporate should go out of their way to correct this. This is part of the reason I may never camp out, store personnel can be inept and waste your time just as much as useless websites. If she still has it in hand, I'd scan a copy and forward to them as proof.

I agree with the above. I'd be on the phone telling someone they were going to make this right!

I used to work at TRU. Cashiers and floor people are mostly seasonal now and would have no idea what is still available. Unless you asked someone in the video department, I would not take anyones word. As far as the manager saying there were enough and getting a ticket, go back, get the name of the manager, and complain to corporate. There is no excuse for the manager to say there were enough, and to even get a ticket for it!?! Complain, complain, complain!

They refused to do ANYTHING for her. Said they were sorry but that it was a mistake and yes even though she had the ticket they wouldn't budge. I am FURIOUS! I cannot believe tru acts like this. But then again I can. There is no customer service. My other friend wanted the b2 beyblades get 1 free special and had gotten an email, which I too received, saying their doorbusters were extended to 10 pm sat. Well she goes to pay and it wasn't on sale anymore. Told the cashier about the sale still and the cashier says well the computer would know and since it isn't ringing up sale it's not on sale. WTH? Since WHEN do we give computers more power then humans? She was so mad she just left. I love tru but really they are going downhill. My experience calling about the shake it up dolls and hand bags were terrible. I never would have known about them for sale if it weren't for this board. None of the managers knew ANYTHING. So sad:(

Had a similar issue at TRU on BF last year, I was the second person in line in the electronics department when they opened and they told me they were sold out of something, and the person in front of me didn't buy any ??? I kept asking how that was possible over and over and I called the store manager on my phone and asked him to come to the electronics department because he wasn't responding to his employees calling him on the walkie and said that it was holding up the entire line, they had me grab items off the shelves to complete the bundle and sold it to me at the ad price. I never raised my voice, but I refused to leave and called out the manager and they gave the advertised bundle items & price to me and my neighbor. I think once you leave the store they won't make good & you have to be pushy without being rude.

• 2 weeks later...