Shipping Question about glue

santaclaus

This may be in the wrong forum so mods, feel free to move it if need be. I have a question about model car glue. We are being a Secret Santa to a 10 year old boy who has requested a model car. Now I am just about positive that we can ship the paint but I don't know about the glue. Does anyone know if you can ship glue VIA UPS?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

As long as the paint is acrylic, it should be able to be shipped. I'm not sure about enamel paints or glue.

Here's the link to the list of prohibited materials. Your best bet may be to call them at 1-800-ASK-USPS or bring the items to your local Post Office.

https://www.usps.com/ship/can-you-ship-it.htm

Have you already purchased everything? If not, you may want to order the gift online and have it shipped from a hobby store. They're used to shipping those types of material.

I'm sure the young man you're buying for will be very happy and appreciate his gift.

Both paint and glue are listed on the prohibited list for USPS. I know I had a friend that wanted to ship a lot of acrylic paint in a move, and was told no. Maybe you can get an additional gift card for him to buy the materials? He may have fun picking out different colors of paint anyway...

From the website:

Some common hazardous materials include…

Perfumes

Nail polish

Flea collars or flea sprays

Aerosols

Bleach

Pool chemicals

Paints

Matches

Batteries

Fuels or gasoline

Airbags

Dry ice