Looking for Christmas toy ideas for an almost 3-yr-old who has everything! Help?

jakesmommy403

Remember how I said I wasn't going overboard on DS7 this Christmas? Yeah...well forget about that. I couldn't help myself. I have a TON of stuff for him, including a Wii and Skylanders. All I have for the little guy so far is the Fisher Price Little People Talking Zoo, the safari truck that goes with it, some animals that go with it, and Sesame Street Lucky Ducks. I know I want to get him some books because he looooves to read with me, but other than that I'm stuck. I like the kids to have around the same number of gifts, but it doesn't have to be the same budget. DS2 doesn't know the difference between a Wii and book yet anyway. Oh, I also bought 2 Big Joe beanbag chairs at WM, one for each boy. They're each also getting a Pillow Pet (thanks to you guys for helping me out with that!).

What's out there for preschool kids right now that we don't already have? It's been 5 years since I've bought anything for a toddler, since there's such a big gap in my kids' ages. I was going to get that cookie monster that eats the cookies and they go into his backpack, because I thought DS2 would like that to go with his Tickle Me Elmo, but when we looked at it at the store he didn't care. I'm looking online but nothing is jumping out at me.

Since our little guy has a 7-year-old big brother, he gets all of his old toys that big brother has grown out of playing with. We have enough Thomas the Train stuff to stretch from our house to yours, Mr. Potato heads, Imaginext stuff, Aquadoodles, rocking horses, a big play kitchen, a tool bench, a Power Wheels Lightening McQueen, all that kind of stuff. He loves Play-Doh. Maybe some cool Play-Doh set? We have the play-doh kitchen and ice cream maker already.

Help. Any suggestions, with links, photos, whatever! are very welcome. Thanks everyone!!

Does he have a work bench with tools? I'm guessing you already have a trampoline and swingset since you have an older child. What about a mobigo or something like that? We bought one for our niece last Christmas and she had just turned 2. She liked it and played with it a little, but now that she is 3 she plays that thing ALL the time.

Since our little guy has a 7-year-old big brother, he gets all of his old toys that big brother has grown out of playing with. We have enough Thomas the Train stuff to stretch from our house to yours, Mr. Potato heads, Imaginext stuff, Aquadoodles, rocking horses, a big play kitchen, a tool bench, a Power Wheels Lightening McQueen, all that kind of stuff. He loves Play-Doh. Maybe some cool Play-Doh set? We have the play-doh kitchen and ice cream maker already.

Help. Any suggestions, with links, photos, whatever! are very welcome. Thanks everyone!!

I wish I could help--mine are older--but there is 4 1/2 yr space between them --almost like yours--& I ran into the same problem. And the older brother took VERY good care of his toys, so more hand-me-down toys than I even wanted, lol.

I will keep on the lookout for ideas for you.

I am trying to find things to buy a 5 month year old nephew-- that are "USEFUL" and fun, not just rattle type fidget things...I have decided I am going to buy ahead, so far just got a little weebles car that has 2 weebles and I think it says 12mos on it. Everyone keeps buying him clothes--he doesn't need anymore clothes!!

How many gifts do you have for each of your sons? Are they close to being even?

Books sound like a good way to go. You can find a variety of them at Marshals and in the bargain section at Barnes and Noble.

Does he like to draw and color? Coloring books and crayons or even a Color Wonder set might be good.

Would he like an educational toy like the Alfie Robot?

http://www.amazon.com/Playskool-39350-Alphie/dp/B003CRJU36/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321630550&sr=8-1

Does he lie superheros? I found a pair of Spiderman footed pj's at Target for $14.99 and they look like Spiderman's costume. They have other superheros too.

http://www.target.com/p/Spiderman-Toddler-Boys-Footed-Pajama-Blue/-/A-13707220

http://img3.targetimg3.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/13/70/13707220.jpg

LOVING the ideas!!! Definitely getting some Crayola Color Wonder sets for him, awesome idea there. Checking out this Mobigo...not too sure with that one...and that Alphie is cute, I'm checking that out too. Those jammies are adorable! He does already have a work bench and tools. And no, the number of gifts isn't anywhere close to even right now! I'm at 21 for DS7 and a whopping 8 for DS2. Yikes. Even if I just got 8 or 10 things I would be happy. So far the Crayola idea is a keeper, and I'm looking into the other things. Keep them coming! Thank you so much!!!

Those Shake and Go cars look neat. I got one of mine cowboy boots at about that age and he loved them, maybe add in a cowboy hat too. Do you have Knex? There are some at his age level. One of those books from hallmark where you read and at certain parts that dog barks (really cute) Does he have a bubble mower, something musical like a guitar or his own portable DVD player?

We actually don't have Shake and Go cars, so I will check those out! And the bubble mower got me thinking about a little vaccume cleaner, I think he would like one of those because he's amazed when I vaccume. He had the cowboy hat already, but boots probably wouldn't work for him because he prefers to be barefoot all the time. Great ideas though! We do have K'Nex, but he doesn't even look at them. I wish he liked them because there are so many cute sets out there! :)

hmmm...keep in mind my bff completely disregards ages listed on toys but how about:

an etch a sketch or doodle pro drawing thing, puzzles, hot wheels, toy soldiers or dinosaur set, bath toys, a hooded/character towel, mega bloks, jack in the box, reusable stickers

my go to idea for the little kid who has everything or just as a cute keepsake is a personalised book. you can get disney themed ones, christmas themed ones etc...when ordering you give the company the name of the child the book is for, the city they live in, 2 of their friends names (i use my 2 boys' names for that) and they personalise it accordingly. it turns out AMAZING and you can write a loving message for them to add for the child inside the front cover.

the company i buy mine from is located here in Canada where i am, but i am certain there has to be something like it in the US. they are always very well recieved and cherished :)

If you are getting books, you might want to consider the Kohl's Care for Kids books. You could get the stuffed animals to go with them. Do you already have a car garage or ramp? My DS keeps asking for these:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51oR3gekt9L._AA300_.jpg

Fisher-Price Disney/Pixar Cars 2 Spiral Speedway Grand Prix

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41O7BuuV70L.jpg

Matchbox Sky Busters Aircraft Carrier Playset

Edited by fluffkin79

He does have a spiraly ramp thingy that he got from Santa last year, and the art easel and desk, but I love the ideas you all have! I definitely plan on picking up a few of the Kohls books with animals, those are always so cute! I love the bath toys idea up there! Definitely going to get something for the tub. Keep them coming! Thanks so much for all the great ideas! I found an Aquadoodle stuffed animal today that he can write on, so that will be cool. Need some more ideas though...

The Fisher price ball popper is a favorite with the toddlers at the hospital where I work. They have a new one out now, an elephant. The playschool busy gears is also a popular toy.

Another "popular" item is the old homemedics light therapy box. The LT 500 comes with pre-installed music and is the preferred choice. The LT300 has no pre-installed music but is much easier to find. There is a fellow on EBAY in Canada who sells new ones regularly. These are great for calming the child. It's also supposed to stimulate creativity etc. We love them at the hospital. Even the babies in the NICU love them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HoMedics-LT-300-Color-Cube-Light-Therapy-Soothing-Mood-/120749158532?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1d35f084

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Homedics-Color-Cube-Therapy-/290634801065?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item43ab2f1fa9

There is a new company that has taken over these light boxes and sells them more as a party item. What is nice is that you can plug your MP3 player into it and play your own music. The down side is, watch the volume on those little ears!! I don't see any on ebay at the moment but keep your eyes open.

http://www.amazon.com/Princess-International-PI-147-Light-Speaker/dp/B000TXO6Q2

Everyone, thank you so much! Fantastic ideas here today!! Ok, so here's what I ended up getting: Crayola Color Wonder set, Crayola Color Wonder Sounds Studio, Aquadoodle penguin, Alex's Dirty Dogs tub toys, a Yo Gabba Gabba blanket, Just Like Home vaccume cleaner, and some books! I'll grab that Cars 2 playdoh set on BF, and a few of the Kohls books with animals too. I'm very happy! Add that to the stuff I already have and he has a nice little Christmas! Thanks for all the help!!! :)