Is anyone else noticing sale prices aren't great?

kas3

I was just thinking, I have been looking around at the ads posted here, and so many of the prices seem to be everyday prices. What are the stores doing? Sure, they have some doorbusters, and a few sale prices, but I'm just not seeing a lot of low, low prices that make me want to get out there at 2 am. Is it just me? :yelclap:

Lynn

Guest all2tired
It's not just you but there are a few things that I need that happen to be a good deal, so I will be standing in line. LOL

What I have noticed is that a lot of big stores are already having sales!! Kohls is a big one where I am that is having big sales now, as well as Hechts. Does this mean BF sales will be even better or that they are not planning on have big BF sales and we are better off shopping early???

As of right now, I'm still in the "do I really want to go out" mode. I can get a laptop online for only the cost of shipping more than camping out for hours in front of a store. There is nothing else on my list that is imperative that I get on BF that I wont be able to get deals for elsewhere before Christmas. So unless Best Buy comes out with a really good, cant pass up deal, then I might even sit this BF out and sleep in.

What I have noticed is that a lot of big stores are already having sales!! Kohls is a big one where I am that is having big sales now, as well as Hechts. Does this mean BF sales will be even better or that they are not planning on have big BF sales and we are better off shopping early???

I am hoping this means that BF prices will be awesome! Maybe they still have some surprises up their sleeves.

I agree as well, seems compusa's stuff is about the same as on their site now and I hate mail in rebates. I don't think I can stand in line 2 hours again at best buy this year, so I was REALLY hoping compusa would be the bomb. It is cool they're opening at midnight though.

It's not just you but there are a few things that I need that happen to be a good deal, so I will be standing in line. LOL

I need to get the Walmart bike for $25 that is advertised, so I guess I will be there, but not too happy about it unless they come up with better doorbusters.

Thats funny because I was thinking that to! Nothing has jumped out at me like last year! $18 DVD players last year jumped out at me! Nothing has JUMPED at me yet.. ...............

Thank God, I thought it was just me! Usually I think, "WOW what a great price!" but this year seems ho-hum.

As of right now, I'm still in the "do I really want to go out" mode. I can get a laptop online for only the cost of shipping more than camping out for hours in front of a store. There is nothing else on my list that is imperative that I get on BF that I wont be able to get deals for elsewhere before Christmas. So unless Best Buy comes out with a really good, cant pass up deal, then I might even sit this BF out and sleep in.

I'm waiting for Best Buy and Circuit City, too. Oh, and Toys R Us. I hope that Baby Born is going cheaper than $40, but I doubt it!

I agree as well, seems compusa's stuff is about the same as on their site now and I hate mail in rebates. I don't think I can stand in line 2 hours again at best buy this year, so I was REALLY hoping compusa would be the bomb. It is cool they're opening at midnight though.

I wish I could get their prices online, but the ad says instore only. The only thing I really saw there that I really want is the 200 gig hard drive for $30 after rebate. The rebates are a pain in the wazoo, but I have done them before, so I guess I can do them again. However, I am not driving 30 minutes for one item!

I haven't thought or said "WOW" yet. The only thing Im excited about is the $48 SP systems at Walmart. Thanks about it

I'll have to wait for Kmart's Thanksgiving Day sale ad. I have noticed that in recent years, their prices have been awesome. Oh, and I think they are the ones having the Cinderella DVD for only $13 on BF. I hope I can get one!

I wish I could get their prices online, but the ad says instore only. The only thing I really saw there that I really want is the 200 gig hard drive for $30 after rebate. The rebates are a pain in the wazoo, but I have done them before, so I guess I can do them again. However, I am not driving 30 minutes for one item!

True enough. We drive to a central location where all the stores are. It's about 40 minutes from here (hence my post on the "target wake up call"!)

I got a killer gateway desktop system at best buy last year at a super price, but after waiting in line 2 hours, I just wanted to check out and move on. Instead, I was harassed by the GEEK SQUAD MAFIA to buy surge protectors, battery back ups, extended warranties, etc. I was actually MAD when I left there and it wasn't due to the wait. :curse:

I got a killer gateway desktop system at best buy last year at a super price, but after waiting in line 2 hours, I just wanted to check out and move on. Instead, I was harassed by the GEEK SQUAD MAFIA to buy surge protectors, battery back ups, extended warranties, etc. I was actually MAD when I left there and it wasn't due to the wait. :curse:

I know that is frustrating, but do you realize how much pressure salespeople are under to sell those things? I used to work at Sears, and it was a huge thing to sell protection plans to customers. The big bosses were always looking at our percentages, and they were never happy with what they saw, so they yelled at the district manager, who yelled at my boss, who tried really hard to motivate us. But what are you going to do when customers just don't want them? I'm not going to push!

i still feel with the ads being published, we shouldnt miss out on the sales that are happening these days.. you might just end up getting a good deal.

so keep a look out on the recent sales as well. macy's will have a big sale this weekend ...