Retail Experience Preferred

tyler99199

To anybody with retail experience especially layaway. Say if I was to go to Wal-Mart and put some things on layaway that appear to be in the BF ad. All items are regular stock items. This way I was guaranteed to get them if they run out on BF. I then did some shopping at other stores with specials and went into Wal-Mart later in the A.M, but before the 11 a.m cutoff. I then went to layaway and either picked up the laywawy at the BF prices or cancelled the layaway and asked to still purchase those items at the front register. Is this possible? Thanx for any help :)

I don't know now, but Kmart used to have the best Layaway policy and boy did people abuse it. They would by summer merchandise ie patio sets and grills, at the start of the season, and paid the minimum they could to drag out how long it was in there. Then when they went on clearance for 50% they got a pm and took it out. They did that with all clearance stuff.

Did not see anything with a difinitive answer to my specific question so I posted it here.

You're right, there is none. That's because answers vary from store to store.

Your best bet is to CALL or VISIT your local Walmart and speak with a manager, not a lead or supervisor but a manager. Ask specific questions and write down their name and title.