Can This Be Done?

bfaddict1977

I need to be at toys r us by 8:30 for the 9 pm opening I figure to get the shake it up hand bags. But I also need to be at walmart for the 10 pm toys. Is it possbile to do both in such a short time? I figure I'd rush into tru for the shake it up handbag and video games which are b1g1 and then shoot over to walmart for their 10 pm sale. I really want the fisher price castle and piano as well as the camera and the digital photo album so walmart is an important stop. Oh and the bedding sets. Is it doable to do tru really quick and then head over to walmart in time?

Our TRU lets so many people in every so many mins. So you would have to wait in line to get in and then get your stuff and wait in line to check out. Which means you probably wouldn't be leaving TRU till 10pm at the earliest. I'm just going by experience from shopping at mine.

I've never been there for openings. How are they? I have to bring my kids with me(please no bashing I have no choice and really need/want these items and they won't be online) so sitting there for 2 hrs isn't really doable. 30 mins is.

It depends on your store but getting there at 8:30 I think you will be really far back so Im not quite even sure that you will get in by 10pm depending how busy your store is...

Thanks how many people are usually allowed in at once I figure a 100 or so right ? I didn't figure it being online and I doubt the fisher price piano and the castle and train set will be too right? If they are then I'm good and can take time oh and also the rapunzel sheet set is that online is walmart good about not canceling orders?

Thanks how many people are usually allowed in at once I figure a 100 or so right ? I didn't figure it being online and I doubt the fisher price piano and the castle and train set will be too right? If they are then I'm good and can take time oh and also the rapunzel sheet set is that online is walmart good about not canceling orders?

I personally have never had anything cancelled from Walmart but some stuff did go pretty quick last year. I haven't shopped for toys on a BF in forever so no clue about quantities/availability. I also don't recall any bru-ha-ha over cancelled orders from Walmart on here either so if can order you should be ok :)

I was at TRU 2 hours early last year, and got in in the first group, though for me, I thought I was pretty far back. They handed out tickets for the netbooks and something else I wasn't after. I grabbed what I needed and was one of the first out the door, and out of the parking lot in under 15 minutes...I had NO electronics stuff though, so if you're after any of that, you may be in there longer...

nope just really want the games(not must have tho) and the shake it up purse. I live in a large town but I have no idea how many people get to tru before opening on tgiving? I just want to be in an out.

Video games are in electronics, and they had a separate line inside our store last year to get into that area. I was probably 40 to 50 people back and got in just fine, and would not have had too long of a wait to get into that area, but I wouldn't have wanted to be any further back. Since I only had a few items to get, and I had scoped out TRU Wed night, I knew right where to go, and was the first one done checking out through the regular registers...

I don't think it will be. It took us 2 hours to get into TRU last year from our place in line. We got there 2 hours before opening (so 4 hours total in line outside), then 2 more hours in the store. Now I do think w/ the other stores opening sooner that the line at TRU won't be as bad this year, I just don't think it will be doable to be in the store and out in under 30 minutes. They seem to have the slowest check-out lines of anyone.

So I may find the shake it up hand bag online then?

The bags may or nt be online.i really hate to be a downer but i can promise you getting to TRU at 7 or 7:30 will net you a atleast a hour or 2 wait before you even get in the store and another 2 hours in the store.I live in a somewhat big area and i drove by TRU last year and the line to get in must of been 3 or 4 hundred ppl deep.I couldnt believe it.Now in years past i was on that line and i got there 4 or 5 hours before they opened so i could be first.But same 2 or 3 hour wait inside.The store is so packed you cant even move to get around and the registers fill up quickly.You really are better off sending someone you know(if thats possible).I really do wish you luck.

oh great! I talked to Big Jim Slade last night and he suggested going to tru and talking to the manager about their bf stategy and how many of these hand bags there may be available. He suggested hitting walmart first and taking my chances on tru. I may have to because I want so many things at walmart but I unfortunately have NO ONE else to stand in line for me at tru. I'm not counting on that bag being online but I am hoping that by the time I get there they will have some left. How many of those types of things do they usually get? Anyone have any idea?

The bags may or nt be online.i really hate to be a downer but i can promise you getting to TRU at 7 or 7:30 will net you a atleast a hour or 2 wait before you even get in the store and another 2 hours in the store.I live in a somewhat big area and i drove by TRU last year and the line to get in must of been 3 or 4 hundred ppl deep.I couldnt believe it.Now in years past i was on that line and i got there 4 or 5 hours before they opened so i could be first.But same 2 or 3 hour wait inside.The store is so packed you cant even move to get around and the registers fill up quickly.You really are better off sending someone you know(if thats possible).I really do wish you luck.

Mine was insane. I got there early enough to get a decent place in line. By the time the store opened there were easily 800 people in line. The line went all the way around the building and then down the road to the other stores there. It took those people hours just to get into the store after the store had opened.

They're opening at 9 this year. I'm not sure what time I'll go get in line.

At my TRU, if you are there 2 hours early, you might make it to the door an hour after opening! I never hit them for doorbusters because of this, but I can go an hour after opening, and sometimes, there are STILL people waiting to get in the door! Our stores reach maximum capacity multiple times and have to make people wait till others leave the store before they can allow any more in.

Once you are in, you are looking at an easy 30 minutes in line...unless you happen to be one of the first ones in the door AND have a line-holder partner.

This year, it seems like I'll hit Walmart, Target THEN TRU while I wait for the 4am openings.

I wouldn't count on getting to Walmart by midnight if you stop at TRU. TRU tends to be very crowded, and the checkout line takes a while.

Are these bags available before BF? It's only $8 less than the normal price. If you think your daughter would love it, you might consider buying it now for $13 and avoiding the hassle on BF. You can always go to TRU after Walmart (and any other stops you might be making) to see if they have any left on BF. If they do, you could repurchase the $4.99 one and return the one you got for full price another time. If it was another store I would suggest getting it before BF, then take your reciept to the store on BF to return/rebuy at a lower price, but I don't think that TRU allows returns on BF.

The ad says that this bag is "only at TRU", but maybe another store has something similar?