GameStop Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

With the one year replacement on the used Wii for $79.99 and another controller for $14.99, this makes a pretty good deal especially in consideration to the $99 deal at Wal-Mart (since this will play Gamecube games).

Word to the wise, although it ultimately may not matter to some, but I can almost assure you that with these used Wii consoles the Wii remotes won't have the Wii Motion Plus built in, so if you want to play games like the new Wii Motion Plus, then you'll either have to purchase the Wii Motion Plus add-on or purchase some Wii remotes with it built in. Also I would have to say that unless gamestop would do any kind of price matching then their ad seems rather weak. I mean I was anticipating this ad quite a bit, but seeing how little they're genuinely trying to match the deals that Wal-Mart/Target/Best Buy are putting out I can't say the anticipating was fully worth it.

About the only nice deal I can see for me specifically is they appear to be offering you more for your console trade-ins, which is good as I'm looking to trade my old PS3 in for a new slim.

Has anyone stood inline here? How many people hit the opening on gamestop on bf?

I have a few years in a row. It depends on how busy your particular location is...I have two within a mile of me. I go to the older/smaller one and am generally second/third in line 20-30 minutes before they opened. The other (bigger/nicer) one had a line of maybe a dozen people at that time.

just a heads up, the game stop in my town is located in our rinky dink mall and I figured they wouldn't open at midnight. So I stopped in there the other day and asked if they would be opening at 5 am because the ad states that 2200 stores will open at midnight and the remaining stores wil open at 5 am. I am really wanting to trade dd9 ds lite in for the new zelda bundle that she really wants. Guy told me he was gonna open the doors at 4 am. Told me that not to many people would know due to the ad saying 5 am. Told me that if I was there at 3 am I should definitely be close to front of line and be able to score a bundle. He did say that last year they got only 3 of each of the bundles type deals at each store. I am making husband go there as I will be in Muncie and I know there gamestop opens at midnight and it will probably be packed at that one. So may want to ask your local store about opening time if you are really wanting an item. If I hadn't asked I would of sent hubby around 4:30 to get in line and they would probably have none left by that time.