ASUS Transformer Tablet - $249

kelemvor

Finally a store has a nice tablet on sale. Anyone know anything about this? From the ad, it looks like the SKU is 3669574 but that doesn't work on bestbuy.com

They do have two Asus Transformer tablets on their site so I'm guessing it's this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Eee+Pad+Transformer+Tablet+with+16GB+Storage+Memory+-+Brown/Black/2475916.p?id=1218329537880&skuId=2475916&st=transformer&cp=1&lp=2

Does anyone know anything about this tablet? Just starting my research but if anyone has already done some or has a great review, let us know.

No, this is the standard 16gb unit... Also, take note of the keyboard dock is also on sale in the ad for $99 (regularly $150)

OP, this is a good tablet, it's dropping in price because a newer version with a quad core chip will be shipping next month for $500. This is still a very responsive dual core tablet, with a 10 inch screen for under $250, Really, you probably are not going to find a better deal on a tablet this size (aside from the Touchpad, but I owned one and didn't like it).

This is the tablet I have been watching for my DS. At first we were going to get him the 32gb one but 16gb is fine and will just pick up some of those 16gb microsd cards tht BB will have for $19.99 I have been watching Newegg since they sometimes have bundles THey had the 32gb (orig $499) bundled with the keyboard for $499. The 16gb is normally $399 so this is a fantastic price. I am so happy I just ordered the keyboard from Newegg since I have a $100 credit with them.

The new Asus coming out is a quad core tegra3 and the starting price for the 32gb is $499. I have not heard if they will have a $16gb.

DO you think I should get on line now. This BB ad is fantastic has all the items I want. I am hoping that I will be able to get some online before I head out there.

No, this is the standard 16gb unit... Also, take note of the keyboard dock is also on sale in the ad for $99 (regularly $150)

OP, this is a good tablet, it's dropping in price because a newer version with a quad core chip will be shipping next month for $500. This is still a very responsive dual core tablet, with a 10 inch screen for under $250, Really, you probably are not going to find a better deal on a tablet this size (aside from the Touchpad, but I owned one and didn't like it).

I've been waiting for someone to put something like this on sale. My budget is around $200 but I don't want a little 7" tablet. I can up my budget to $250 for this. Now I have to find an inside contact who can stash one away for me so I don't have to miss out. heh. Is BB opening at Midnight? Can just go over and hang watching movies on my phone for a few hours if I have to.

I've been waiting for someone to put something like this on sale. My budget is around $200 but I don't want a little 7" tablet. I can up my budget to $250 for this. Now I have to find an inside contact who can stash one away for me so I don't have to miss out. heh. Is BB opening at Midnight? Can just go over and hang watching movies on my phone for a few hours if I have to.

Yeah, before this popped up, I was looking at getting a Kindle Fire for $199, but I wasn't big on the 7", and having no mic/camera on the unit. Best Buy will be opening at midnight. Not sure if you need to line up for this or not, depending on how big demand is for tablets this year. They could also sell them on bestbuy.com

I'd also check out Amazon as well, since they price match on occasion as well.

Yeah, before this popped up, I was looking at getting a Kindle Fire for $199, but I wasn't big on the 7", and having no mic/camera on the unit. Best Buy will be opening at midnight. Not sure if you need to line up for this or not, depending on how big demand is for tablets this year. They could also sell them on bestbuy.com

I'd also check out Amazon as well, since they price match on occasion as well.

Yes I am cancelling my Kindle Fire order just in case Amazon will match. I will leave my credit on there. If they match that would be great since its no tax or shipping for me;)

I would get the Acer Iconia over the Fire also and its the same size. I am hoping its online

Yes I am cancelling my Kindle Fire order just in case Amazon will match. I will leave my credit on there. If they match that would be great since its no tax or shipping for me;)

I would get the Acer Iconia over the Fire also and its the same size. I am hoping its online

Does Amazon just match on their normal site or do you have to call Amazon to ask? That'd be cool to just buy it online but I'll probably have to go to a store anyway to be safe.

I am hoping BB will have alot of the stuff online. Last year they had the Sony laptops online. I ordered my laptop (not the Sony) and did pickup in store. With the free shipping I would just have everything shipped.

THe Dynex 24 inch says coming soon online. I already have the asus in my cart lol

Finally a store has a nice tablet on sale. Anyone know anything about this? From the ad, it looks like the SKU is 3669574 but that doesn't work on bestbuy.com

They do have two Asus Transformer tablets on their site so I'm guessing it's this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Eee+Pad+Transformer+Tablet+with+16GB+Storage+Memory+-+Brown/Black/2475916.p?id=1218329537880&skuId=2475916&st=transformer&cp=1&lp=2

Does anyone know anything about this tablet? Just starting my research but if anyone has already done some or has a great review, let us know.

This is the same Asus in stores now for $399 except the current one in BB is android 3.0, this is 3.2. I did the comparison last night at the local BB, this is the better of the 2 in reviews and comparisons over the Toshiba, so I went and tested them personally at BB, and I like it much more than the Toshiba Thrive.

This is the same Asus in stores now for $399 except the current one in BB is android 3.0, this is 3.2. I did the comparison last night at the local BB, this is the better of the 2 in reviews and comparisons over the Toshiba, so I went and tested them personally at BB, and I like it much more than the Toshiba Thrive.

Yup this is the one that we plan on getting for DS15. I just ordered the keyboard from Newegg for $99.99, so I hope this will be online so I don't have to camp out. I have a bunch of things I want at BB and they seem to be all doorbusters.

Yup this is the one that we plan on getting for DS15. I just ordered the keyboard from Newegg for $99.99, so I hope this will be online so I don't have to camp out. I have a bunch of things I want at BB and they seem to be all doorbusters.

Racer... the offer still stands if you want to join my team this year. I did my 2nd round of recon tonight and it appears they did get the message last year. I was talking to the manager about how last year they made people stand in multiple lines to get the doorbusters. I put in a complaint to corporate and when I asked the manager if they were doing it that way this year they said they will work to have the items brought to the line so we can get our items quicker and get out without having to do more than 1 line. I am also in touch with mall management and security to determine WHEN they will allow people to line up this year.

Racer... the offer still stands if you want to join my team this year. I did my 2nd round of recon tonight and it appears they did get the message last year. I was talking to the manager about how last year they made people stand in multiple lines to get the doorbusters. I put in a complaint to corporate and when I asked the manager if they were doing it that way this year they said they will work to have the items brought to the line so we can get our items quicker and get out without having to do more than 1 line. I am also in touch with mall management and security to determine WHEN they will allow people to line up this year.

Thanks Taz, still talking to DH to find out if we can meet with you. He keeps asking how far away your BB is. He seems to think that Monroe might not be too bad. Found out some things will be online so that will help out alot. I will let you know, and thanks for the offer.

I did research on this tablet before I bought it. What sold me was the docking station. It really adds to the battery life and makes the tablet into a netbook. I had to return the first one I bought. The power button gave up after 2 months of infrequent use. The only way I could turn it on was to plug it in. New one works great. It does come with Kindle software. If you want to watch movies/videos, you'll need earbuds or something. It isn't very loud at the highest setting. All in all, I'm happy with the purchase at regular price. HTH

Call me easily entertained, but I get mesmerized by the live wallpaper on occasion. I downloaded a free one that is a night sky. Every so often you'll see a falling star, space ship, ET or a witch go by.

I did research on this tablet before I bought it. What sold me was the docking station. It really adds to the battery life and makes the tablet into a netbook. I had to return the first one I bought. The power button gave up after 2 months of infrequent use. The only way I could turn it on was to plug it in. New one works great. It does come with Kindle software. If you want to watch movies/videos, you'll need earbuds or something. It isn't very loud at the highest setting. All in all, I'm happy with the purchase at regular price. HTH

Call me easily entertained, but I get mesmerized by the live wallpaper on occasion. I downloaded a free one that is a night sky. Every so often you'll see a falling star, space ship, ET or a witch go by.

I am with you I have done so much research on it also. It will be for DS15 to use to help him keep up with his papers for school when he is on his away games for Varsity. I also agree the docking station was what sold us along with expandable storage. We originally thought the ipad2 would work but after going into stores etc changed our minds. I actually already got the docking station from Newegg since they had it for $99 no tax, it arrived today:)

At one point I was going to order when Newegg had a bundle the 32gb w/docking station for $499, but decided to wait

Well, if anyone is going to Best Buy and NOT getting this tablet and wants to pick one up for me, let me know. heh heh. We have Thanksgiving dinner form 4-6 so the earliest I could even get to a Best BUy would be like 6:30. And somehow I think the lines will be pretty freaking long by that time... I'm trying to use some inside connections I have but am not sure if they'll be able to come through for me. ;)