Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

Amazon.com has a Haier L32D1120 32" LCD going for $199.99 free shipping right now. Use your MasterCard today to save additional $10 right now, code WLG2FB7X, and also receive back additional $10 for future purchase, which brings the price down to $179.99 total with free shipping.

See, I told you the Emerson 32" for $188 plus tax from Walmart is a little overpriced.

Edited by cireafan

I'm surprised that they released the full ad. Not a lot of Gift Card giveaways. I think I'll buy the Ipod touch at Best Buy this year. They are at least giving a $10 GF with purchase. Does anyone have the specs on that $19 HP DeskJet 1050 Printer? I've been looking everywhere on the INTERNET (even HP's website) for the specifications and nothing is coming up!!!

iPod touch has a $25 GC at radio shack

Amazon.com has a Haier L32D1120 32" LCD going for $199.99 free shipping right now. Use your MasterCard today to save additional $10 right now, code WLG2FB7X, and also receive back additional $10 for future purchase, which brings the price down to $179.99 total with free shipping.

See, I told you the Emerson 32" for $188 plus tax from Walmart is a little overpriced.

thank you I think I will scoop that one up for my DS13 who is DYING because he LCD is just 20", it has good reviews too.

I bought the Emerson 32" last year from WM on BF. Bought it for my bedroom. Hung it up on the wall, everything was wonderful. About 2 months after I bought it, something started acting up when you tried to turn it on. When you hit the power button (on the TV or the remote), the power light would blink, then go off. It still does it today. Sometimes it comes on on the first try, and sometimes it takes me hitting the power button 15-20 times. Aggrevating as hell. I told me wife that one day she would come home and there would be a hole in the middle of the screen. Researched it online, and it appears that alot of people have the same problem with this TV, and there is no fix for it. I have had many other Emerson products, with no problem for years, but I don't think I would buy another Emerson TV again. Just throwing that out there.

I bought the Emerson 32" last year from WM on BF. Bought it for my bedroom. Hung it up on the wall, everything was wonderful. About 2 months after I bought it, something started acting up when you tried to turn it on. When you hit the power button (on the TV or the remote), the power light would blink, then go off. It still does it today. Sometimes it comes on on the first try, and sometimes it takes me hitting the power button 15-20 times. Aggrevating as hell. I told me wife that one day she would come home and there would be a hole in the middle of the screen. Researched it online, and it appears that alot of people have the same problem with this TV, and there is no fix for it. I have had many other Emerson products, with no problem for years, but I don't think I would buy another Emerson TV again. Just throwing that out there.

I have this TV from last year as well in my bedroom and luckily we don't have any issues...its so strange how these electronics vary from one house to another!!

Ok well I talked to a guy that works here at my school and at Walmart and he said.................there will be another sale starting at 4am but that the managers will not say what yet!!!! He also said that the ad that we got will be changing by the time Black Friday gets here. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I hope there is a DS in the new ad!!!

Am I the only person who is excited about the 99.00 Wii? Maybe this year we will finally get a game system at our place (if I can convince DS to get the Wii and not the x-box).

I do hope Amazon or Target match this as I'd rather not go to Walmart due to the locations.

You're not alone. My youngest two have put a new Wii on their list. We got a Wii 5 or 6 years ago when they first came out, but it's wore out now. I'm also hoping that Amazon will have a Wii for the same price. Last year, I wound up getting quite a few things from Amazon instead of Walmart because they matched the price early on.

I know some people will be waiting for the Wii 2 that's coming out next year, but he Wii 2 doesn't support Gamecube games, and we have over 40 GC games.

I'd recomend going with the free Kodak at Old Navy

I agree with that too, and you know you could download digital copies of movies you have from dvd for example and then toss the movie if you want, 250 can hold alot of things and eliminate some clutter.

it is for my son, and I didn't want to invest alot, I can't be sure how well he'll take care of it... Ideally I'd like to spend about 90 dollars at most including tax...if I had Some reviews to go buy it'd be nice, but most of the Kodak's I read about aren't too swell and since you feel this one is likely made just for BF/virtually "unsearchable" I doubt if I'll take the chance. I tried looking at the fine print in the Walmart add and couldn't find IS listed on it either. I am glad your replied you gave me advice on camera buying last year and I like my canon. I want to stick to Nikon, Canon or Sony but not seeing many camera deals in ads...

I saw the one at Costco, but am trying to convince my buddy who is a member to go there to get it for me (she's not sure she is stopping there yet).

Does anyone have an opinion on the 3D Vizio on the last page for $598? My co-worker really wants it and is not sure how popular it will be. It's $300 off regular price and has 3d with 4 sets of glasses and internet apps. I told her I'd be there by 7ish or so to stand in line and get a ticket. I also told her to call Walmart a few days before and ask about how the ticket system will work. Thoughts?

You're not alone. My youngest two have put a new Wii on their list. We got a Wii 5 or 6 years ago when they first came out, but it's wore out now. I'm also hoping that Amazon will have a Wii for the same price. Last year, I wound up getting quite a few things from Amazon instead of Walmart because they matched the price early on.

I know some people will be waiting for the Wii 2 that's coming out next year, but he Wii 2 doesn't support Gamecube games, and we have over 40 GC games.

Ok, I feel I need to say something. If you're looking for a Wii with Gamecube support this $99 model isn't for you. I don't know if you are aware of this, but you should really have a look at this post I made earlier for more detail, http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?237279-Walmart-Black-Friday-Ad-Posted&p=1883073&viewfull=1#post1883073.

Fair warning to you and perhaps anyone else interested in the Wii for $99. Up until a few weeks ago all Nintendo Wiis had the ability to play Nintendo Gamecube games as well as work with Nintendo Gamecube controllers. Ever since October 23rd all newly manufactured Wiis no longer support Gamecube games and accessories. So it is very likely that this $99 Wii will not support Gamecube games and accessories. For most this may not be much an issue, but some people already have a nice collection of Gamecube games that or they prefer a Gamecube controller to use in games like the Super Smash Bros. series or the Mario Kart series mainly because the Gamecube controller looks and feels most like other controllers from other consoles like the PS3 controller or the Xbox 360 controller. If you don't have a library of Gamecube games or intend this for younger children for whom have never really experienced the Gamecube, then this $99 Wii would be great.

On a different note though, to anyone getting a Wii for the first time, if you have an HDTV then I highly recommend you get a set of component cables for the Wii as, although it won't be true HD like you would find with the PS3 or Xbox 360, but the cables would help make your games look better than with the cables provided. Most all stores sell these cables at around $20 to $25 but if you're not immune to online shopping I might check out Amazon.com or Monoprice.com as either place is assured to give you a much better price on a set of these cables over what most retail stores will charge you.

If you have any questions or comments, let me know.

EDIT - I noticed something interesting, so TAKE NOTE: That Wii console for $99 appears to be just that, the console. Every "bundle" up until this point has included some game with it (the latest bundle, being a console without Gamecube support, includes New Super Mario Bros.) but this $99 Wii doesn't specifically say that it includes a game. So you will want to exercise caution and not automatically assume that $99 deal includes a game, unlike how every other Wii offering before this has. So basically if my thinking is correct on this one, then that makes this offering just a little less sweet as you would then have to purchase a game to go with it.

I thought the Wii 2 or Wii U didn't come out till next year?

Thanks for pointing out that it doesn't say it comes with a game. I hadn't noticed that.

I have a few questions.

Is the Xbox 360 w/kinect, game, and giftcard a good deal (199). It would probably be a family present. We will not play online. It will mostly be used for football games, hunting/fishing games, and for family games using the kinect. I realize that there is not as much memory but would it be enough for that.

Do you think that is a good deal on teh PS3? My son is wanting a PS3. Do you think a better deal may come along?

What about the laptop for 198? I have never had a laptop with the AMD processor? This would be used by my 13 year old boys to just browse the internet. THey don't play games on the computer or anything like that.

in regards to the Xbox 360 deal, I refer you to my earlier post, http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?237279-Walmart-Black-Friday-Ad-Posted&p=1883035&viewfull=1#post1883035. As for the PS3 deal I'll simply say that at this time it is in fact the best deal you are going to find. The PS3 currently retails for $249.99 and doesn't include any games with it. Here you'd be getting the console for $50 less and plus two free games. Unless some other retailer pulls a surprise on us by offering a better deal, then well Wal-Mart will be your best bet.

How many ps3 systems do you think each walmart will have? And do they keep the video games behind the glass doors and you have to wait for someone to help you? Looking at the $28 ones.

Last year, they had the $28/29 games out on a pallet, but by the time I got there, they were all gone (at least the one I wanted). So, I went to the glass case and asked someone to get it out for me. It rang up for the sale price.

I thought the Wii 2 or Wii U didn't come out till next year?

Thanks for pointing out that it doesn't say it comes with a game. I hadn't noticed that.

What you are thinking of the is the Wii U which is Nintendo's next big console and that won't be coming out until next year, BUT as of around October 23rd all new Wii consoles manufacturered and sold no longer include support for Gamecube games and accessories. So no the Wii U as it's called isn't out yet, it's just new Wiis being made don't support Gamecube games and such.

in regards to the Xbox 360 deal, I refer you to my earlier post, http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?237279-Walmart-Black-Friday-Ad-Posted&p=1883035&viewfull=1#post1883035. As for the PS3 deal I'll simply say that at this time it is in fact the best deal you are going to find. The PS3 currently retails for $249.99 and doesn't include any games with it. Here you'd be getting the console for $50 less and plus two free games. Unless some other retailer pulls a surprise on us by offering a better deal, then well Wal-Mart will be your best bet.

Thanks for the advice.

Ok word of warning from the reviews I found on walmart.com of the 32 inch emerson it seems after several months most people have trouble powering it on. Just FYI. Also anyone know if the tv dvd sales there usually apply to all seasons and does it usually include shows other than those shown?

We got one 2 years ago on BF and it's still working good *knock on wood*. I waited in line last year to get one for my MIL at her request (and didn't even get a thanks!) and it's working good too.

I guess it's like anything else. You never know how it's going to do.

What you are thinking of the is the Wii U which is Nintendo's next big console and that won't be coming out until next year, BUT as of around October 23rd all new Wii consoles manufacturered and sold no longer include support for Gamecube games and accessories. So no the Wii U as it's called isn't out yet, it's just new Wiis being made don't support Gamecube games and such.

Can you provide a source for this info? No offense, I just haven't found that anywhere online. It just doesn't make sense for them to overhall the current Wii when they are releasing a new WII next year, which is just basically a slimmer Wii without the gamecube support. Thanks.

Can you provide a source for this info? No offense, I just haven't found that anywhere online. It just doesn't make sense for them to overhall the current Wii when they are releasing a new WII next year, which is just basically a slimmer Wii without the gamecube support. Thanks.

Here is a link to one article about the redesigned wii

http://techcrunch.com/2011/08/17/redesigned-wii-to-launch-before-christmas-looses-gamecube-backwards-compatibility/

I bought the $199 emachines laptop from Best Buy last week. Is the compaq in the WM ad a better laptop? I haven't even opened my emachines one yet because they were sold out in my area, so I sent it to a store where my sister lives and she's bringing it to me tomorrow.

no the emachines is the better computer, compaq doesnt stand behind their own warranty.

emachines is just a cheaper version of a gateway

Thanks. I had just found it too. Here's one of the new ones at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Console-Super-Mario-Brothers-nintendo/dp/B005QWYKOE/ref=sr_tr_sr_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1320954253&sr=8-4

But, according to the link you provided, if I get one of a Wii that is bundled with Mario Kart, it is gamecube compatible. Why did they have to go change crap right before the holidays? lol

Proof? Sure! Here is Nintendo's official website, http://www.nintendo.com/wii/console, read the text above the "Buy Now" button. Here is the amazon.com product listing for the latest Wii bundle, http://www.amazon.com/Black-Console-Super-Mario-Brothers-nintendo/dp/B005QWYKOE/ref=sr_tr_sr_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1320914665&sr=8-4. Notice how under product features it says that it doesn't support Gamecube games and accessories. The product reviews even validate that. Lastly here is a news article from a popular gaming website that says the same thing, http://www.shacknews.com/article/70553/black-wii-holiday-bundle-coming-october-23-removes-gamecube-support. Any other questions? Don't hesitate to ask, :)

EDIT - It seems I've been beaten to the punch, but yes if you want a Wii with Gamecube support then you need to purchase one of the bundles that includes Mario Kart. Unfortunately though I wouldn't bet on there being a deal on any of the bundles that have Mario Kart. In fact I might not wait till Black Friday to get one of the Mario Kart bundles, because retailers may be trying to phase out that bundle in favor of the new bundle that includes New Super Mario Bros and no Gamecube support.

The Compaq that is $198 in the Black Friday ad is the one that normally runs for $298 or so. Compaq is made by HP now so it is their cheap line.

Do you think that it is worth the price? It is for teen boys that are only going to be browsing the internet, talking on facebook, and maybe some school work. No gaming or anything like that will be done.

I bought the $199 emachines laptop from Best Buy last week. Is the compaq in the WM ad a better laptop? I haven't even opened my emachines one yet because they were sold out in my area, so I sent it to a store where my sister lives and she's bringing it to me tomorrow.

The eMachines is a much better unit. It has a 2.3 GHZ processor vs. a 1.0 GHZ processor in Compaq, and eMachines has a HDMI output, while the Compaq does not.