Getting Anxious About Not Buying Anything Yet

leefamily23

I have not bought 1 single gift yet. I don't gift to many people as I've really cut back after having a few bad financial years in a row. While we are doing okay I am going to keep going with my trimmed down Christmas list. I hit up a few places yesterday and today (plus lots of looking online) and I am so nervous the prices will get better that I am not buying anything yet.

Last year was one of the worst financial years we've ever had and I honestly didn't know if we'd be able to buy anything for our son. Thankfully he was old enough to understand. Anyhow, I was able to really pull the budget tight for Nov & Dec and I found so many deals the 2nd and 3rd weeks of December he ended up with almost as many gifts as usual.

Now this year I could start buying but I don't like the prices I am seeing. Is anyone else waiting to see if they can find a better deal?

I have bought some but I have passed up to deals on the WII and now I am wishing I had already bought it. I want the one with wii sports and sports resort and it is getting hard to find. I also need some good deals on xbox games, a computer monitor, a cookware set, etc.....

I wouldn't worry about it, you have plenty of time! There have been years when I didn't buy most of the gifts until a week before Christmas. Every year is just based on where we are financially. This time I have a layaway on at Kmart and another on at Walmart. I like to get the kids' main gifts done first so that I know I have them. Normally they would be hanging out in the gift pile in my basement, but we've had a tough year too, so layaway is a real blessing for us this year. Other than that, I'm keeping an eye on my list and the deals and pouncing when I see good ones. :)

I have bought a few small things for my daughter. they were all on clearance throughout the year. I do have a layaway at Walmart right now also. I am waiting to see what they have these Saturday sales to see if I can put anything else on layaway. I always buy for my kids first also. I have not gotten my boys anything yet. It has also been a tough year financially for us. So we will do what we can. The boys are 13 so they do understand. My 5 year old would not understand, but we can get by with cheaper stuff for her..

I usually do about 90% of my Christmas shopping BF. I am worried this year though because DH doesn't have much work coming in (he is in construction). As long as I can get the boys at least 1 big thing to share and then get them a few smaller gifts and get my daughter a few things we will be fine.

Ive done alot of shopping already with WM's new price adjustment policy.Id rather have it now then price adjust later.If it goes on sale at Amazon and i can get it so be it ill return one i have to WM but if not i have it.I find myself year after year stressing on weather to wait or buy then trying to find it when it does go on sale.Id like to enjoy these next 7 weeks with my family decorating and baking and not rushing store to store trying to get the must haves.Plus my kids are 12 & 15 and they already have ipods laptops ereaders flat screens so there isnt really to much left for them to want.Mostly is not to hard to find stuff.BTW are tree is going up this weekend.lol

I fret over things going on sale later, too. However, if I see it at a decent price I will buy it. If it happens to go on sale in the next couple of weeks, I will either price adjust or return the item and buy it at sale price. Cuts down on my anxiety of wondering if it will go on sale and when it does, will I be able to find it!

I've bought a couple things off of Amazon. Hubby bought the little boys used dirt bikes..which I was very concerned about because I kept watching the ads mentioning Christmas..and I didn't want to be stuck with slim pickins'. That's done..one less worry. Kindle Fire has been pre ordered... I need a laptop for the oldest and all the other gifts for EVERYONE. I'm not too worried...I'll pull it all together in the next few weeks. I just keep waiting for the sales to improve the closer we get to Black Friday!

We have bought most of the things for our kids, and a few for the other people we buy for, the prices I got the presents at were either really good prices or I knew they weren't going to go cheaper. My kids are still little though, so no electronic stuff really (well a couple DS games), just toys and those were toys that have went on big sales throughout the year so we snatched them up then.

I'm almost done with my kids. I need to pick up some cheap mp3 players for my 3 middle boys, and maybe an Ipod Touch for my oldest. I shop all year though, and I do the thrift stores & garage sales. They don't care if they get gently used things. It gives me a chance to give them waaaay more.

I understand that. My husband is construction also. Luckily he's been with the same company almost 20 years and runs the jobs so they keep him working all year. He has had a few weeks off lately . 3 years ago I started putting money into a christmas club at the bank. Our bank doesn't have the set amounts like my moms bank, but its like a savings account and you deposit what you want . I have 800 i my xmas club and got my check 3 weeks ago. I'm not cashing it till black friday , but have been buying quite a bit on sale and making payments on my sons kindle fire.

I have bought a few small things for my daughter. they were all on clearance throughout the year. I do have a layaway at Walmart right now also. I am waiting to see what they have these Saturday sales to see if I can put anything else on layaway. I always buy for my kids first also. I have not gotten my boys anything yet. It has also been a tough year financially for us. So we will do what we can. The boys are 13 so they do understand. My 5 year old would not understand, but we can get by with cheaper stuff for her..

I usually do about 90% of my Christmas shopping BF. I am worried this year though because DH doesn't have much work coming in (he is in construction). As long as I can get the boys at least 1 big thing to share and then get them a few smaller gifts and get my daughter a few things we will be fine.