Egg Nog

shopping4my3son

Do you like Egg Nog?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Egg Nog?

We bought our first half gallon on Halloween. We have been through 5 half gallons total. I picked one up at sam's last night and it lastest exactly 3hrs in this house. Dh hates it and so does my oldest son. I think this is the only edible thing that my picky, non eating 10yr old DD says she "loves".

I will say that suprisingly enough I absolutly cannot drink alcoholic eggnog.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Can you tell? My family too! I think I'll freeze some for the spring/summer this year. I made eggnog muffins last year and they were great! I want to try out a cookie recipe I came across.

I don't like the stuff you buy pre made at all -- but I have had some homemade recipes that are tolerable. Not my favorite, but I will sip a glass at a gathering where it's being served.

I do make an egg nog pie that is amazing, though!

Oooh pie! I need to try this one.

Funny story. My brother named it "Turkey Milk" when he was little because it only came out during turkey time- Thanksgiving through Christmas. So I can't see it without translating Eggnog to Turkey Milk.

I have only tasted a couple that I have liked and I think they were both homemade. And possibly included alcohol. I hated it as a kid. I'm the only one in the family who doesn't drink it.

Edited by chimeralife
typo

I don't like eggs or milk and the texture of egg nog is way too thick for me,so I voted "no" in the poll.

I did see something that DD16 wants to try and that is Pumpkin Spice MILK made by Prairie Farms.

If I can find it in store, I'll get some for her birthday Friday.

It came in 3 flavors (chocolate mint was one).

How this differs from those flavored coffee creamers,I do not know.