Walmart Super Saturday (11/5 @ 11am) Discussion Thread

Brad

We'll have a dedicated thread for each of these sales that Walmart does.

http://akimages.shoplocal.com/dyn_rppi/460.0.88.0/walmart/large/111102_1_hgvn8.jpghttp://akimages.shoplocal.com/dyn_rppi/460.0.88.0/walmart/large/111102_2_2cnwv.jpg

Link to new press release (11/2): http://walmartstores.com/pressroom/news/10736.aspx

Hot Electronics and More

Super Saturday features savings on popular electronics and household items, while supplies last or until midnight Saturday, including:

* Sanyo 42” Class LCD TV, $398, was $448

* Vizio 42” Class LED TV, $498

* LG 47” Class LED TV, $698

* Nook Color, Rollback $199, was $249

* Xbox 360® 250GB Console with Kinect™, $399 plus a $50 Walmart Gift Card

* Xbox 360® 4GB Console with Kinect™, $299 plus a $50 Walmart Gift Card

* Better Homes & Gardens 10-Cup Programmable Grind & Brew Coffee Maker, $39, was $79

* Better Homes & Gardens 10-Cup Food Processor, $39, was $79

* Better Homes & Gardens Blender with 8-Cup Jar, $39, was $79

Tremendous Toy Values

On Super Saturday, shoppers will find fun in Toyland with cupcakes, balloons, activities and giveaways for children. Every day low prices on top toy gifts will include:

* Raskullz 3D 16” bicycle, $77

* Xia xia character, $9.88

* Transformers Ultimate Optimus Prime, $59.88

* Fisher Price Big Action Construction Site with Remote Control, $49.88

* Playskool Sesame Street Let’s Rock! Elmo, $54.88

* Paper Jamz Pro Mic, $24.88

On Nov.13th Sears F&F will have the LG 47 class LED tv cheaper than Walmart. It will be at Sears for $665. I think this year the sales are not that great as prior years. I was hoping again for the iTunes card and better sales on TVs.

On Nov.13th Sears F&F will have the LG 47 class LED tv cheaper than Walmart. It will be at Sears for $665. I think this year the sales are not that great as prior years. I was hoping again for the iTunes card and better sales on TVs.

Maybe you can price match if it is the same exact one. Buy it from Walmart and then when Sears puts their LG on sale, you can PM it at Walmart.

I wouldn't call those xbox deals really good im guessing you may get a better giftcard or bundle deal closer to bf. Xbox live is if you want to play online.

Yeah I was thinking that a better deal would be coming. Thanks.

That is what I thought that Xbox live was. My kids don't play online so I wouldn't need that.

I went to our Walmart this morning and took my daughter. she was looking forward to getting a cupcake and balloon. Well they didn't have either!!!! They had just started setting out the stuff that was on the super saturday flyer..lol. As usual none of the employees had a clue until a customer asked!!!! LOL.

Same here! I went at 11, and they had no clue. I finally found where they were setting up and they gave my kids a cupcake finally at 11:30, but they were still setting up. They had no clue where the toy books are and told me to wait. I waited until 11:45, then had to leave. Ridiculous.

I think the sale was horrible. But i want to know how & when YOU found out about it??

I am a little ticked I've been tring to find out about it, but everytine i tried looking it up online it said not available @ my locaionts. SO I had to go to local store to see what was on sale & employee on phone had no idea any sale was going to be going on ;( Walmarts Customer service keeps getting worse & worse! AND never knew anything about cupcakes for kids!! My walmart sucks!!:yuck:

Does anyone know when there is another sale An employess said last Sun there was a special sale??

I did not see anything about a special sale last Sunday and I check gottadeal everyday.

I found out about the sale from gottadeal..:) But it was also advertised on their website. Our Walmart didn't have much set up when we got there at 11:30. we walked around for a little while because one of the customer service managers said that they were checking to see what they could do about cupcakes. I came back about 30 minutes later and they still had no cupcakes. I kindof hope it stays quiet like this though. That way when they have something on sale I need, no one will know about it....lol..

The employees that usually work the weekend, are part-time and aren't 'clued-in' by their Dept Mgrs, or even upper-management about these events or what to do about them. Most of the time they have the part-time people on registeres because they don't have enough cashiers to cover the lines that back up so the event that was suppose to happen in the departments basically goes on and makes Wal-Mart look like a joke. Why do they even bother having these 'special events' if they can't have someone (people) dedicated to make sure it is well-advertised, controlled, and enjoyed? I remember when I used to work at WM, these things would happen, but we were clueless about them because no one knew what to do. It was embarrassing to say the least.

anyone else's store have other stuff going on? If the parking lot hadn't of been so packed I would have stopped, it looked like they were giving away samples of gain and other washing stuff. I just didn't feel like parking at the other end of strip mall and walking in heat for samples:P