What time will your adventure begin......

brinak2005

well i will only be hitting up WM and if they open at ten i will be there around 7 or 8. Thankfully we live in a smaller town that is close to the city with a WM and target and BB all the stores everyone wants to hit up so our WM is never really that crowded. I should be able to get anything that is good in the ad with no troubles :)

Well, since it seems to be true that Walmart is opening at 10PM, I will probably head out around 9:00-9:30. We live in a small town so I don't really need to go earlier..lol. I am hoping that everything I need will start at the 10 PM sale so I can leave from Walmart and head to Target which is about an hour away and also an hour ahead of us.

My adventure will begin when the online sites go line, I'll probably help Brad with stuff, might hit walgreens if they have anything good, but that's a 5 minute trip from my house, could even take the lappie and go hang at Starbucks in the AM and send the boys across the street to Walgreens...

Not sure when we will be at Wal-Mart, but Wal-Mart is ALWAYS first. Last year we (My Aunt , Mom, and Me) got there around 2am for the 5am sales. it depends on what goes on sale and when they plan on putting them on sale as to when we will show up. But No matter when we get to Wal-Mart, we always go to the same stores. 1. Wal-Mart, (Breakfast) Eat in the Kohl's parking lot 2. Kohl's 3. The Mall (Lunch)4. Wal-Mart AGAIN!! hehe:gdcar:

We're lucky to live only 10 minutes from WM, Target, TRU, Kohls, Lowes, and Kmart. It makes BF very easy. There are outlets in between too, but I avoid that on BF because I don't have a good reason to go there. So here's the plan!

*Host Thanksgiving dinner at our home for the fam, as always. They'll leave around 8-9 to get home, and my brother sticks around to clean up with hubs and I. Then we get the kiddos off to bed, and my bro and I head out! Hubs HATES shopping, so he happily stays home with the kids for me. It works out perfectly.

The BF 2011 plan:

*10 p.m. Walmart: toys, home goods, maybe some jammies and DVDs (neither of us are out for electronics)

*12 a.m. Target: toys, whatever else we see in the ads that we like

*1 a.m. Kohls (I like to see what I can find for my mom there. She loves everything from Kohls)

*2 a.m. If the deals are worth it, check out what TRU has going on. This all depends on how well we did at WM and Target.

*3 a.m. Get some hot chocolate at the gas station and head home to go through our purchases and hide the gifts. Bro goes home to sleep, I stagger into my bed. Then I'll head down to the basement (AKA the North Pole) the next morning to wrap my gifts while hubs and the kids eat leftovers. :)

I usually do Meijer or KMart on T-giving, they usually have a few things I want...last year went to Old Navy on T-giving too, which was nice. All the midnight openings this year are actually sort of working in our favor! Always go on BF with my SIL...last couple years, Target has been a total nightmare, so this year we are planning on doing the same thing as always: up at 3:30AM, to the mall for 4AM opening of The Children's Place for clothes for our kids...then to Bath and Body for our VIP bags and stuff...but this year I think we will hit Target afterward, so prob around 6:30-7 AM, and since that's many hours after the official opening, I am hoping that it will be nice and calm and we will still be able to pick up some deals.

Mine will probably start early thanksgiving morning at CVS Pharmacy. Now that the ad is out I might consider the TV, tablet, and a few other things they have left after the doors officially open. It's the only place nearby that doesn't require a large amount of travel.

from all reports TV does not work as a tv only as dvd player.

From the reviews I've seen, that particular 13" Craig model shown has a TV tuner and works pretty good. But remember, it says 'model may vary' so there may be no telling what'cha get.

Ignore me. I was thinking of the 7" lcd tv w/dvd player which I thought was part of my list but I see that portion was shared to someone else:P If you get the ecb stuff you can probably use them all (or many) on the other stuff :P

Ignore me. I was thinking of the 7" lcd tv w/dvd player which I thought was part of my list but I see that portion was shared to someone else:P If you get the ecb stuff you can probably use them all (or many) on the other stuff :P

Yeah, that thing comes with an analog antenna however since over air stations went digital it doesn't pick up anything at all anymore :(. And no place for a separate digital receiver antenna. I think what they said in the ad 'Portable 7" LCD TV with DVD Player' was just a really snazzy way of saying 'Portable DVD Player'.

I will start checking a few of the Amazon.com deals to see if they offer a better Blu-Ray player than other brick and mortar stores will be offering in house, then look for the best laptop deal we can find online, probably Best Buy Wednesday night, then hit Walgreens, Rite Aid and CVS Thanksgiving morning and possibly Meijer's depending on their ad. And if Target has something I want or need will go to Target around 10 p.m. and after that head to Sears, if they have one of the appliances I need.

I'll do online sales whenever they pop up. I'm also thinking about going to Target at midnight since it is right around the corner from my house. After that, I will go home and sleep a few hours then go pick up my grandmother around 6am. She refuses to do the late night stuff.

I left at 8pm last year. Pulled the all day/nighter first time @ Walmart and I must say, one of the better experiences. We were warm, guaranteed a place in line with a ticket, able to snag from the midnight sale plus get stuff from the stores that opened at 5 & 6am BUT SO tiring! Oh how things have changed now.

Been picking up stuff since the end of summer. So I don't know about this year. We'll see what the sales look like. If nothing is a big "must", we will get a little more shut eye and then head out at a normal time between 3 and 5am because I still like to be out with the crowds & kick off the season. :)

I left at 8pm last year. Pulled the all day/nighter first time @ Walmart and I must say, one of the better experiences. We were warm, guaranteed a place in line with a ticket, able to snag from the midnight sale plus get stuff from the stores that opened at 5 & 6am BUT SO tiring! Oh how things have changed now.

Been picking up stuff since the end of summer. So I don't know about this year. We'll see what the sales look like. If nothing is a big "must", we will get a little more shut eye and then head out at a normal time between 3 and 5am because I still like to be out with the crowds & kick off the season. :)

Your avatar has made me hungry!!!! :gdlicklips:

The BF 2011 plan:

*10 p.m. Walmart: toys, home goods, maybe some jammies and DVDs (neither of us are out for electronics)

*12 a.m. Target: toys, whatever else we see in the ads that we like

*1 a.m. Kohls (I like to see what I can find for my mom there. She loves everything from Kohls)

*2 a.m. If the deals are worth it, check out what TRU has going on. This all depends on how well we did at WM and Target.

*3 a.m. Get some hot chocolate at the gas station and head home to go through our purchases and hide the gifts. Bro goes home to sleep, I stagger into my bed. Then I'll head down to the basement (AKA the North Pole) the next morning to wrap my gifts while hubs and the kids eat leftovers. :)

I'm probably going to forget about Kohls this year...nothing in their ad appeals to me. Oh well, looking out for Target and Walmart to hit me with some good deals.