Walmart Black Friday opening time speculation/rumor thread

magst24

I'm in a small town, I get up and get to Wal Mart at 4:00 am. If this is going to be the case, I don't know that I'm going to worry about it. I may handle all my shopping online. I guess it just depends on the deals. I certainly won't deal with madness at 8:00 or 10:00 pm on Thanksgiving night!

I'm just glad I don't work retail anymore...those poor employees :(

I know... I hated the holidays when I worked retail because it always seemed like you never got to "enjoy" them like others, but it's so much worse now than when I worked, one reason I have always been glad ds didn't work retail.

I visit this one site, which shall remain nameless and they are saying 10PM.

BUT

This is a copy and paste of the last sentence in the post:

This is from my Divisional so it might vary depending on what part of the country you're in.

A person might ought to check their local store between now and then.

Guest vita555

Hey guys. I'm a Walmart employee. The sale this year starts at 10 pm. We were told this at our meeting on Saturday.

There's no way they would have told u guys already

Sent from my PG06100 using GottaDeal

Perfect way to excuse myself from Thanksgiving :P Sorry folks I gotta go shopping or no Xmas gifts this year!

Ok... You crack me up.. Maybe is a good thing my family are from a different country that Thanksgiving is just like any other holiday.. My family would understand perfectly that I will skip the meal and just hit the store running.

There's no way they would have told u guys already

Yes they did too. I visit a Walmart associates site and it was all over the board. My cousin also works for Walmart and she told me the same thing just minutes ago. I would still check the time with my local Walmart just to make sure, mainly because of the last sentence in that copy and paste I posted.

Guest vita555

Yes they did too. I visit a Walmart associates site and it was all over the board. My cousin also works for Walmart and she told me the same thing just minutes ago. I would still check the time with my local Walmart just to make sure, mainly because of the last sentence in that copy and paste I posted.

I don't know why they would do that I.use to work for Walmart and last year was great I liked it

I think the hours getting earlier and earlier is going to backfire on these big box stores pretty soon. The thought is that the first guy to open wins... but that may not be true. If a person is waiting in line for target to open at midnight then they are not going to be shopping at walmart at 10pm. And of course the opposite can be said that if you are shopping walmart then you can wait in line at target. I think they will figure out in the near future that having there sale times 3-4 hours apart will help them both. Either way customers are going to shop at there stores for the sales and everything will be gone by noon anyways so why keep trying to out do the other guy. You dont see best buy opening earlier each year to try to be out walmart/sams/target electronics sales.