My Walmart

Guest all2tired

Guest all2tired
Went to my local Walmart today to check out prices. I asked customer service about layaway and BF prices. They said that if you purchase something within 7 days of BF and it's on sale, you'll get the sale price but if it's a blitz item you won't get it. They also confirmed they are opening at 5 am. You may want to check with your local Walmart since I was told each store is different.

Guest all2tired
The lay away has to be within 7 days of BF though at least at mine. Thing is, I'm not sure if what I want is a Blitz item or not. I know one is but they don't even have it in the store. I need the bike though and don't know if it's a blitz

I'm told that it depends on your local Walmart. The thing is that unless they post seperate hours for layaway it will be open. The rules for layaway are no clearance or flammable and a few others but nothing that covers special sales pricing, so legally I really don't understand how they couldn't let you put it in layaway or even do a price match in layaway if you get there during the right hours.

My Walmart is being very sneaky. I was talking to an associate today and she told me that alot of the toys for BF will be in another color box than those on the shelf right now. If I put these boxes in for layaway they might not come down in price. I'm not sure how they can do that, but this store is.

The UPC codes could be totally different as well, as I have read someone say in another thread. Gotta watch that.

~H~

My Walmart is being very sneaky. I was talking to an associate today and she told me that alot of the toys for BF will be in another color box than those on the shelf right now. If I put these boxes in for layaway they might not come down in price. I'm not sure how they can do that, but this store is.

No sense putting any potential blitz items on layaway right now as it has been mentioned that the items will most likely all have unique UPC's. Walmart considers the items special buys.

The prices are pretty much locked in and won't rise after the special hours. Stuff will just sell until there is none left.

Yes I work at walmart.