Official: Target Black Friday Hours and PM/PA Policy

bigjimslade

Target to Open Doors at Midnight on Black Friday

Offers Everyday Low Prices and Additional Ways to Save All Year, Especially during the Holidays

MINNEAPOLIS (OCT. 28, 2011) — To provide shoppers with a jumpstart on unbeatable Black Friday deals, Target stores will open at midnight—earlier than ever—on Friday, Nov. 25. Extended store hours, along with Target’s Price Match and REDcard Rewards, will have shoppers feeling merry and bright.

“The holidays bring hectic schedules and tight budgets, so extending store hours and offering lots of additional ways to save makes Target a great choice for affordable, one-stop holiday shopping,” said Tina Schiel, executive vice president, stores, Target.

Holiday Hours

In addition to opening at midnight on Black Friday, Target is also extending store hours throughout the season. Store hours on Black Friday, Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas will be as follows:

Nov. 25: Midnight to 11 p.m.

Dec. 24: 7 a.m. to 7 or 8 p.m. *

Dec. 26: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.

*Varies by location; guests should visit Target.com for their local store’s schedule.

Target is always dedicated to offering exceptional products at great prices and there are a variety of ways for guests to realize additional savings on top of Target’s everyday low prices not only during the holidays, but throughout the entire year.

Price Match

Target’s Price Match is simple and helps guests save time and money. If guests find a lower price on an identical item advertised locally by a competitor, Target will match that price during the effective date of the competitor’s advertisement. Guests can bring their receipt and the competitor’s current printed advertisement within seven days of purchase and Target will reimburse the savings. The policy is enforced in all stores throughout the year.

Price Adjustment Policy

Target’s Price Adjustment policy assures guests receive the best value. If a guest purchases an item at Target, but sees it advertised by Target at a lower price during the same week of the purchase, or the week following the purchase date, the guest can bring the original receipt to the Guest Service desk and receive a price adjustment. A guest has up to 90 days from the day of purchase to take advantage of the Price Adjustment policy.

Target REDcards

Target REDCards save holiday shoppers an additional 5 percent on already low prices at Target and Target.com throughout the holiday season. Guests who shop with a Target REDcard (Target Visa Credit Card, Target Credit Card, and Target Debit Card) or Target Business Card experience even greater value on all holiday purchases with no minimum purchase and no membership fee.

Throughout the season Target will also offer a variety of holiday promotions that will give guests even more ways to save.

About Target

Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) serves guests at 1,767 stores across the United States and at Target.com. The company plans to open its first stores in Canada in 2013. In addition, the company operates a credit card segment that offers branded proprietary credit card products. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $3 million a week. For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit Target.com/hereforgood.

Legal disclaimer

Upon approval, you will receive 5 percent off purchases paid for with your REDcard at Target stores and Target.com (Target Debit Card® cannot be used on the mobile Target.com website), except on prescriptions, Target gift cards and prepaid cards, Target Clinic® services, and Target Optical® eye exams. Five percent discount applies to eligible purchases minus any other discounts and the value of any promotional Target gift cards received in the transaction. See program rules in store or Target.com/redcard for details.

Search Pressroom

Thanksgiving Day hours in Denver

Target Stores in Denver Area Open on Thanksgiving Day

MINNEAPOLIS (Oct. 28, 2011) — Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) is pleased to announce that for the first time, it will be open limited hours on Thanksgiving Day. The Denver market’s 29 stores will be open from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. MST on Thanksgiving Day to accommodate our guests’ last minute needs. All other Target stores will remain closed on Thanksgiving.

“Target always looks for ways to provide our guests with an exceptional shopping experience and one-stop convenience,” said Annette Miller, senior vice president, Grocery, Target. “Our Denver guests can stop in on Thanksgiving for any last minute shopping needs.”

Target is piloting limited hours on Thanksgiving Day in Denver because it continues to be a strong grocery market, featuring numerous SuperTargets and stores with the expanded fresh food layout. Target plans to evaluate the Denver test before making decisions about whether to expand Thanksgiving hours to other markets in the future.

About Target

Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) serves guests at 1,767 stores across the United States and at Target.com. The company plans to open its first stores in Canada in 2013. In addition, the company operates a credit card segment that offers branded proprietary credit card products. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $3 million a week.

For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit Target.com/hereforgood.

Wow...

I don't ever really go to any of the "big" stores but this just seems insane. I have shifted to manly online purchases this year, so it doesn't mess up any plans I will make. Especially since Amazon will match the media prices.

If Target is doing this, then how many other stores will be opening that early (or just an hour or 2 later)? They keep moving in a direction that seems to indicate Thanksgiving will just be another day with no thought of what the day is for.

I'm actually pumped about this. We have Thanksgiving at my house, and then after everyone leaves and hubby and I clean up, my little bro and I head out shopping, then come home to sleep. With everyone opening at midnight, we get all the shopping done by 3 a.m. and get a decent night's sleep after, so it works out pretty well. :) I can see how this would mess some people's schedule up, though.

I am for one not happy about this. Its just getting crazier and crazier with opening up so early. I wish so much they would all go back to opening atleast alittle later (4am). I remember when I first started shopping on BF, the stores opened at 6am, and then it got moved up earlier to 4am, then 3am and now midnight?!? I know some stores have been opening at midnight in the past few years, but come on retailers! Think about your employees!!! They would like to spend time with their family on Thanksgiving and not have to worry about making sure they get in a nap so they can be at work at midnight. I know not everyone feels the same way as me, but I for one like the time I get to spend with my family that I don't get to see but just once a year without having to stop and take a hour nap. I go shopping with a group so I don't know if they will want to start at midnight.

I for one am glad to hear this, I get tired of staying up all night in line till 4-5 am and then getting home at 8-9 am and going to bed after being up for 24-28 hours straight.. now I can just line up at 6-7pm and then be home by 1-2am and get some sleep and then hit the malls at 8-9 in the morning. Even for those who want to do WM or BB you can still hit target first and then move on down the street. I also like it because if WM or Sears or somebody has something I want it gives me a chance to hit more than one store, in the past it was always Target and then get the leftovers at the other stores, and then home for some sleep.

I gurantee this year Target's website sales will go through the roof people will just buy their doorbusters online.

Sounds like you may be setting yourself up for a big letdown. People that are generally upset over store policy do not generally reward that same store with business.

I am bummed! I look forward to Target being my first stop around 5am. I wait in line and usually get what I am after. I am usually not a 'big ticket' shopper.

I also feel badly for the employees. I am sure they were not hapy with the news;(

I won't e there at midnight.

I'd actually prefer a 4 or 5 a.m opening. Toys R Us opens at midnight and they are my first stop, then I move on to the mall to hit the Disney Store which opens at 2 and then on to Target. Now I'm going to have choose either Target to TRU first. TRU is likely going to win which will leave nothing on the shelves at Target by the time I get there so I guess they won't be getting my money this year.

I know some of their doorbusters, particularly a couple I was after a couple of years ago (I think it was something that you would get a GC with if you purchased it), were not available online...I think it was the same last year, because I stood in line last year, not wanting to get burned by a rogue SM that wouldn't give me a PA, no matter what corporate said...

my brother told me he thought he had read/heard they were opening at midnight. That is just insane. I won't be able to go....since I don't drive, my dad usually drives me and drops me off. This year my parents are hosting 70+ people from my dad's side of the family (including 14 immediate family) at a house we have in the country. They'd better have some good deals available online....the only thing I will miss is the free $10 gift card when buying at least $100 worth of merchandise and any DVDS or blu rays that may be on my list. Some things MIGHT be online.....but I won't know until November what...12th? And even then, not every online available item will be known about for sure.

So, if Target opens at midnight will they have all the deals starting at midnight or will it be like Wal-Mart last year where they opened at midnight and said that the actual doorbusters didn't start until 5am, but then handed out the "tickets" around 2am?? I hope if they open at midnight, all the deals will be available at midnight!!!

So, if Target opens at midnight will they have all the deals starting at midnight or will it be like Wal-Mart last year where they opened at midnight and said that the actual doorbusters didn't start until 5am, but then handed out the "tickets" around 2am?? I hope if they open at midnight, all the deals will be available at midnight!!!

I don't think anyone will be able to answer your question accurately until the Target BF ad is leaked - so stay tuned for an answer.

I am sorry if this is a crazy question or one that has been answered before :) Will Target price-match the toys r us toy book? For example, the Tag Reading system is marked 29.99 in the toy book and there is a $10 off coupon in the target toy book, making me be able to get this for $20. If so, do I just bring the toy book to the guest services desk and have them do this there? Thanks!!!

People who wait in line for stuff at Target are crazy. The policy is that they will price adjust ANYTHING if it is purchased during that week or the week before. It is their corporate policy. Unlike Best Buy, Walmart and the like, it makes no exclusions to timed sales, black Friday, etc. Re-read Best Buy's policy and you will see it excluded Black Friday. Target's does not exclude such, so buy everything the week before and simply take your receipt to the customer service counter and they will refund the difference. I have done it every year without fail. If I happen to get a store manager that is hesitant, I will simply ask them to call corporate and verify that that is their policy.

Unless something changes between now and then, it will not be an issue. This will also work on doorbuster items.. I got 2 of the tvs last year a week before BF and simply went in at 930 for the price adjustment.

I do the exact same thing and have never once had a problem. I usually go in the evening before Thanksgiving and they are stocking shelves for BF. Then I head back on BF after I'm done shopping, had breakfast and about to go home to crash.

People who wait in line for stuff at Target are crazy. The policy is that they will price adjust ANYTHING if it is purchased during that week or the week before. It is their corporate policy. Unlike Best Buy, Walmart and the like, it makes no exclusions to timed sales, black Friday, etc. Re-read Best Buy's policy and you will see it excluded Black Friday. Target's does not exclude such, so buy everything the week before and simply take your receipt to the customer service counter and they will refund the difference. I have done it every year without fail. If I happen to get a store manager that is hesitant, I will simply ask them to call corporate and verify that that is their policy.

Unless something changes between now and then, it will not be an issue. This will also work on doorbuster items.. I got 2 of the tvs last year a week before BF and simply went in at 930 for the price adjustment.