Official "Away From Home - Where to Shop on BF?" Thread

Brad

Let's use this thread for those of you who will be in unfamiliar territory for BF and are looking for suggestions/tips on where to shop.

Be sure to post where exactly you'll be and when replying to someone, quote their post so nobody gets confused as to who you are helping :)

• 1 month later...
We used to live in Wilson. Did you move to Wilson for a job? We live close to Raleigh now, like it so much better. Wilson has really gone down alot sorry to say. I do visit in Wilson 4x a month so I know what I'm talking about. Would never move back there and would not even think of shopping there on black friday. Don't mean to be rude but Wilson is getting a little rough. sorry

I do not live in Wilson, but I am in NC. I am actually in Sampson County. I actually make the over an hour drive to Raleigh to do my BF shopping. They have so many more options than Fayetteville (which is who I am closer to). They have more than 1 mall, kohls, walmart, target, etc and this helps so much b/c not everyone is at the same store like it is in Fayetteville. The crowds arent nearly as bad in Raleigh and I just enjoy it so much better. Not sure how far away of a drive Raleigh is from you, but I would recommend taking it. I have to leave my house at around 1:30-1:45am to be at kohls at 3am, but its worth it to me. We actually shop at Triangle Town Center.

We live in Deltona which is only about 10 miles from Deland. There are threeWalmarts in the area. One on the North side of Dealnd on US92, one in Orange City on Veterans Memorial PKWY and a new huge one in Deltona on Howland BLVD. For BF your best bet would be to go across the river into Sanford near the Seminole Towne Center Mall. There is a Walmart, Target, Best Buy and a bunch of other stores all within a mile of each other.

We used to live in Wilson. Did you move to Wilson for a job? We live close to Raleigh now, like it so much better. Wilson has really gone down alot sorry to say. I do visit in Wilson 4x a month so I know what I'm talking about. Would never move back there and would not even think of shopping there on black friday. Don't mean to be rude but Wilson is getting a little rough. sorry

Thank you for the info, will definately take it into consideration. Yes we are here for work & work is good. We also have a church here but we don't know if this area is where we will buy a house or not yet. Thanks again :)

I do not live in Wilson, but I am in NC. I am actually in Sampson County. I actually make the over an hour drive to Raleigh to do my BF shopping. They have so many more options than Fayetteville (which is who I am closer to). They have more than 1 mall, kohls, walmart, target, etc and this helps so much b/c not everyone is at the same store like it is in Fayetteville. The crowds arent nearly as bad in Raleigh and I just enjoy it so much better. Not sure how far away of a drive Raleigh is from you, but I would recommend taking it. I have to leave my house at around 1:30-1:45am to be at kohls at 3am, but its worth it to me. We actually shop at Triangle Town Center.

AWESOME!! Thanks for this info, Raleigh is about an hour for us :) If we stay in NC I think we might go there :)

We live in Deltona which is only about 10 miles from Deland. There are threeWalmarts in the area. One on the North side of Dealnd on US92, one in Orange City on Veterans Memorial PKWY and a new huge one in Deltona on Howland BLVD. For BF your best bet would be to go across the river into Sanford near the Seminole Towne Center Mall. There is a Walmart, Target, Best Buy and a bunch of other stores all within a mile of each other.

Thank you!!! It looks like we might be in FL for Thanksgiving & BF...

OK so im going to be at the beach(oak island) we live in the mtns of NC (near asheville)I usually only shop TRU & KOHLS on BF..im lost since were going on vacation!!! Whats the best stratgy here! i guess the wilmington area stores are the closest? What time do people get out to TRU & Kohls? I ususally am the 1st in line at TRU! lol Its driving me crazy!!!:eyepoppin

Going to be in Fargo, ND. Need:TRU, Target, Menards and Kohls on BF. I know where all the stores are- but not sure the best order. TRU and Target will be the hardest since they will open within two hours of each other. And which Target is best? S. Fargo or Moorhead? Thank you!

Hello fellow shoppers, my name is Drew and I am posting to see if anyone in here in the Fort Wayne, IN area wants to start a Black Friday group. This could be a group that would meet and shop not only together but also for each other to hit as many stores as possible.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Okay, my family is going to be traveling to Myrtle Beach for BF this year (first time). I am from PA, and have not missed in BF in the past 8 years. I know how crazy it is up here, and was wondering if...

A. It is as crazy down in MB, which is more of a travelers destination

B. If the small shops at Barefoot Landing/Broadway at the beach do anything for BF

C. Target, Walmart, and TRU are remotely to close to one another.

Thanks!!

I have not been to Mb and my response may not be everything you are looking for, but I do have some tips. Before you go down there, google map each location that you may want to visit. If you have a GPS pre-load all the big stores that you want to go to.

I live in Indiana and one year we went to Parsippany, NJ to see my brother. I did BF shopping but did not do my homework and it was nuts! Took my nephews with me and it was a madhouse that I was not prepared for. I have since returned on a BF and felt better prepared when I had things layed out to me on Google Maps.

My advice on local shops would be to see the Thanksgiving Day paper while you are there. You will know from here what the good deals are from the big stores, so looking on turkey day for local will not slow you down at all.

Enjoy your BF shopping, I always do no matter where I do it from. I always meet new people and always get a kick out the days festivities.