Toys R Us "Great Big Toy Book" Sale Ad Posted

Brad

HOLIDAY CHEER OFFICIALLY ARRIVES AS THE GREAT BIG TOYS“R”US BOOK LANDS IN NEWSPAPERS AND MAILBOXES NATIONWIDE FILLED WITH 80 PAGES OF DEALS, EXCLUSIVE TOYS AND NEARLY $8,000 IN SAVINGS

Beloved Catalog of Childhood Dreams Expands Into the Digital Domain with Quick Response Codes, Facebook Preview and Additional Daily Email Deals Arriving Throughout November

WAYNE, NJ – (October 26, 2011) – Toys“R”Us® is delivering toys to the world as The Great Big Toys“R”Us Book, the ultimate guide for holiday toy shoppers filled with hundreds of deals on today’s hottest products, begins to arrive in homes and newspapers nationwide this weekend. Jam-packed with 80 pages of toys, games, consumer electronics, dolls and video games, as well as many items only available at Toys“R”Us, the arrival of this signature Toys“R”Us guide to coveted playthings is highly anticipated by kids who can’t wait to thumb through the pages to circle the gifts they want to discover on Christmas morning. For parents starting their Christmas shopping, this catalog overflows with nearly $8,000 in savings – more than ever before – and more than 50 free gifts-with-purchase available in Toys“R”Us stores from Sunday, October 30 through Wednesday, November 23, while supplies last.

“Every year, kids of all ages eagerly wait with pent-up excitement for the arrival of The Great Big Toys“R”Us Book, which truly signals the start of the holiday shopping season. This year’s book is bursting at the seams with incredible deals, so we added extra pages of savings that will be emailed daily,” said Greg Ahearn, Chief Marketing Officer, Toys“R”Us, U.S. “While kids are sure to dog ear pages and circle all of the toys they hope to find under the Christmas tree, parents will be overjoyed with the incredible savings found within these 80 pages of wondrous toys.”

Taking The Great Big Toys“R”Us Book To the Digital Domain

The company has expanded the catalog into the digital realm with e-mailed bonus pages of holiday-themed deals and discounts that could not fit between the covers of The Great Big Toys“R”Us Book. Customers equipped with smartphones that can read quick response (QR) codes will find additional multimedia content about select products within The Great Big Toys“R”Us Book. As a bonus, starting on Friday, October 28, members of the company’s official Facebook fan page at Facebook.com/Toysrus can browse the entire catalog, clicking “like” on items to share their favorite toys with Facebook friends and family. Customers can also experience a digital version of ultimate toyshopping guide online at Toysrus.com/HolidayBook beginning Sunday, October 30.

Hot Toys, Big Deals and Hundreds of Items Available Only at Toys“R”Us

As shoppers begin seeking toys for children on their list, while looking for items that offer both quality and value, Toys“R”Us delivers with its unique value proposition of affordable fun. From the hottest toys, like Sesame Street® Let’s Rock!™ Elmo, LeapPad Explorer™, Air Hogs® Hyper Actives™ and Monster High® to Toys“R”Us exclusive items such as Air Swimmers® eXtreme, My Keepon®, Moshi Monsters™ and The Trash Pack™, The Great Big Toys“R”Us Book showcases this year’s most sought after items that will have kids jumping for joy and values that will wow parents.

Featuring a broad assortment of classic brands throughout the book, including Hasbro®, LEGO®, Barbie®, Fisher-Price® and more, the hottest toys of 2011 can be found at savings sure to delight the savviest of shoppers. Highlights of the values and deals valid from Sunday, October 30 through Wednesday, November 23, while supplies last, include:

FREE $10 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with any purchase totaling $75 or more

FREE $20 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with any tablet or e-reader purchase totaling $200 or more

FREE $10 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with any Uglydoll purchase totaling $40 or more

FREE $10 Toys“R”Us Gift Card with any T-Mobile or AT&T phone purchase totaling $50 or more

FREE $10 Toys“R”Us Gift Card and FREE miJam Lite FX Drummer with any Apple iPod purchase totaling $99 or more

FREE Toby’s Windmill Set with any total Thomas Wooden Railway Purchase of $100 or more – $39.99 value

FREE Radio-Controlled Brewster with any total Chuggington purchase of $100 or more – $29.99 value

FREE Lalaloopsy Cosmetic Set with any Lalaloopsy purchase totaling $40 or more – $15.99 value

FREE Blythe Loves Littlest Pet Shop Boarding Bag with any total Littlest Pet Shop purchase of $30 or more** – $19.99 value

FREE Exclusive Victorious tote with any total Victorious purchase of $40 or more – $19.99 value

FREE WWE Exclusive The Rock action figure with any total WWE purchase of $30 or more – $17.99 value

SAVE 50% on the Step2 Lifestyle Kitchen Table and Chairs set

Buy One, Get One 40% OFF ALL MEGA Bloks Need for Speed construction sets

SAVE $25 on the I Am T-Pain Microphone and Speakers Set

SAVE 25% on ALL VTech MobiGo and V.Reader software

SAVE 25% on ALL Schwinn bikes

This year, customers who have already signed up for e-mails from Toys“R”Us will receive digital pages of additional savings from The Great Big Toys“R”Us Book. New customers may sign up to receive these special e-mails by visiting http://toysr.us/nJHBXf.

Special Offerings for Savvy Shoppers

Toys“R”Us makes it easy and rewarding for parents to purchase gifts for their children or let family and friends know which toys top their child’s wish list, including the following services:

Reward“R”Us® Loyalty Program: Toys“R”Us will once again offer 10 percent back on purchases made by new and current members of its loyalty program, Rewards“R”Us®, this holiday season. From Sunday, October 30 through Christmas Eve, Rewards“R”Us members can earn 10 percent back in “R”Us Dollars for every dollar spenton qualifying purchases.*** Members can participate in this special promotion by presenting their loyalty card at any “R”Us store nationwide or entering their loyalty number online with purchase at Toysrus.com or Babiesrus.com. “R”Us Dollars earned will be delivered to members via e-mail in January and can be used toward savings on future in-store purchases.****

Expanded Layaway: While all Toys“R”Us stores nationwide continue to offer Big Gift Layaway, now approximately 450 of the company’s stores offer layaway on all toys and playthings.***** Whether parents and gift-givers are looking to delight kids with a specific Barbie® or LEGO® set, or a Power Wheels® vehicle or dollhouse, they can take advantage of layaway to put special gifts under the tree this Christmas, while paying over time. Certain restrictions apply.

Toys“R”Us Wish List™: Parents can share their child’s most desired presents with family and friends by using the Toys“R”Us Wish List in-store or online. Parents and kids can use the service together to create a tailored list of toys based not only on what the child wants, but on their age, interests and abilities. All Toys“R”Us stores nationwide now feature a dedicated Wish List self-service kiosk, allowing gift-givers to print out a Wish List quickly with the click of a button. Wish Lists can also be created, updated and maintained online at Toysrus.com/WishList. Now through November 5, for every Wish List created in-store or online, the company will donate $1 in Toys“R”Us gift cards, up to $50,000, to the Make-A-Wish Foundation® to help create happy holidays for wish kids.

For high-resolution images from The Great Big Toys“R”Us Book, please click on the following link:

https://toysrus.sharefile.com/d/s14eb99a007744d8b

About Toys“R”Us, Inc.

Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. Merchandise is sold in 873 Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, and in more than 520 international stores and over 230 licensed stores in 35 countries and jurisdictions. In addition, it exclusively operates the legendary FAO Schwarz brand and sells extraordinary toys in the brand’s flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City. With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites including Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, eToys.com and FAO.com, it provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. Headquartered in Wayne, NJ, Toys“R”Us, Inc. employs approximately 70,000 associates annually worldwide. The company is committed to serving its communities as a caring and reputable neighbor through programs dedicated to keeping kids safe and helping them in times of need.

*This deal is available in-store only.

**Excludes video games.

***Maximum reward accumulation during this holiday period is $50 “R”Us Dollars. Qualifying purchases exclude gift cards, shipping and handling charges and reward-eligible greeting cards, formula and diapers.

****Valid dates may vary on reward certificates.

*****Some exclusions apply. See store for details. Toys“R”Us Express and Outlet stores do not participate in the company’s layaway program.

# # #

Got my book in the mail yesterday with $10 of $100 coupon. I was happy since I got nothing last year in the mail. Last year I really needed the coupons, but I'll take them this year. I saw a commercial on tv about a big 2 day sale on Fri & Sat. Anyone know anything about that?

I just found out you have to call in july to order the book. I fgured since I'm on their mailing list I'd get it but nope:( Really disappointed now.

I call BS. I tried this last year and got nothing. I think ToysRUs just sends them out randomly to people on their mailing list. I have their CC and rewards card and get other flyers but not toybook for whatever reason.

I am after the pink one too. I think this will be the best offer for it. I called my store and they told me regular hours (10AM) on Sunday. On the back of the ad in says "Sale prices are effective online beginning at 9AM Eastern on the first day of sale"

I didn't get one this year and my local newspaper doesn't have it!! I'm in eastern middle Tennessee-does anyone know if today's Tennessean has a copy this year or has had one in the past?? They seem big enough but they don't carry the typical weekly ads for Toys R Us, so I wasn't sure. Or if anyone knows any Tennessee paper that has one? I can travel a little bit to locate something. Or do any national papers that come in the quarter machines carry them? Thanks so much for any information!!!!

Got my Big Book in Sunday paper w/$10 gift card with $75 purchase on back. It Excludes quite a few things.....namely electronic learning items. Wanted the LeapPad Explorer Bundle. Feel you MGST24 on Green only LeapPad. My TRU, Memphis, TN, said they only had it in green there too. They had about 10 in the store. Why wouldn't you make both. Guess green is gender neutral. They wouldn't let me put it on layaway. Said it was not a big ticket item.

I didn't get one this year and my local newspaper doesn't have it!! I'm in eastern middle Tennessee-does anyone know if today's Tennessean has a copy this year or has had one in the past?? They seem big enough but they don't carry the typical weekly ads for Toys R Us, so I wasn't sure. Or if anyone knows any Tennessee paper that has one? I can travel a little bit to locate something. Or do any national papers that come in the quarter machines carry them? Thanks so much for any information!!!!

I got one in the Tennessean today. I'm right outside of Nashville. The Tennessean has always had them in the past. I have a TRU near me and always get the weekly ads.

We have a TRU Express about 45 minutes from us and that city has a local newspaper. I had went in there the other day and asked if I could get a copy. THankfully they gave me a copy, but said that was the last one that they could give away. They told me that it would be in the newspaper. Well, I got up this morning and went to get a paper and there was no paper in it. :(

I went to TRU this morning right after they opened for the Leap Pad bundle to find out they only sell it in green. I decided not to get it for now and really hope for a deal on the pink somewhere. I did get some other deals though with coupons I found in the papers a few Sundays ago and I got 2 of the $4.99 stuffed animals for extra gifts or maybe to give away for toys for tots programs. As a whole I thought quite a bit of the stuff was either overpriced or they were better deals on the same stuff last year.

Does anybody know if toys r us will price match say the Barbie doll House that they are selling for 169 and Walmart is selling it for 145 . I would really love if they would because of the rewards program but am doubtful. thanks

Im 99 percent sure that toys r us does not price match, but I could be wrong...