When is it officially Christmas time in your house?

dwc designs

Friday after Thanksgiving. I go out black friday shopping and come home with all the goodies and we put up all our Christmas decorations while we listen to christmas music and drink hot chocolate. After the kids go to bed my husband and i watch christmas movies while i wrap all the goodies i got that day and put them under the tree. It is so exciting to wake up the next morning and see the kids getting so excited to see stuff under the tree.

I usually get my village out for my birthday (nov 21st), and the rest of the decorations somewhere between the day after Thanksgiving and Dec 1st (DS' Birthday). We can't decorate outside until 2 weeks before Christmas, so this year will have to wait until mid-Dec for outside stuff!

I am glad to know that I am not the only one who decorates on Nov. 1st, lol. I have no bad memories of Christmas, only happy, beautiful ones. The most peaceful thing to me, is sitting on my couch in the middle of the night with all of the lights and tv's off, while everyone is asleep and watching the tree lights. I love the lights, decorations, movies, music, food, and feeling of Christmas. There is so much "ugly" in the world, I just think that I want as much Christmas as I can get. I love it and want it up as long as possible, lol.

oh my goodness, you just summed it up perfectly! the decorations and lights at night time just seem to bring a calm, warmth and happiness to my heart that i can't even describe. it's that "christmas" feeling! too bad they can't put it in pill form, it would probably sell better than prozac lol!

I LOVE Christmas season. We will start putting up Christmas decorations the weekend after Halloween. I work retail so my schedule gets really crazy leading up to Christmas and between that and just regular things (kids Christmas programs, company parties, birthdays, etc), there is just no time. My husband likes to put up the lights on the house early so that he's not up there doing it in the snow and ice. We just don't turn them on until the day after Thanksgiving. We will turn on the inside stuff because the kids get really excited.

Well if the airing of How The Grinch Stole Christmas is the offical start....i guess Christmas cometh early this yr...tv schedule says 11/5 8pm est on TBS.....woohooooo...i better take the decorations out of the attic this weekend

Pretty much every year on BF after shopping and the annual nap, we pull out the decorations, turn on the Christmas music, and get to work on the tree. The girls love it and get so excited because thats when the count down for Christmas begins.

Even though we are in the spirit with the music and the decorating it still isn't officially Christmas time until one thing happens...

The airing of "How The Grinch Stole Christmas"

http://images.bcdb.com/pictures/other/grinch_stole.jpg

No matter how many times we watch this, it's like watching for the first time. It's funny because my DD knows all the words by heart!

So what event makes the holiday season official in your home? Is it a movie? A song? Something completely random?

I think in my mind and heart it's already here. I have started planning,shopping and wrapping as well as cleaning!! DD thinks we are fall cleaning because my in-laws are coming, but I am really getting her room and toy room ready for the new stuff. If I don't start getting more done after work I will still be cleaning after Christmas!! I even found some Christmas movies on Hulu and watched them.

I think in my mind and heart it's already here. I have started planning,shopping and wrapping as well as cleaning!! DD thinks we are fall cleaning because my in-laws are coming, but I am really getting her room and toy room ready for the new stuff. If I don't start getting more done after work I will still be cleaning after Christmas!! I even found some Christmas movies on Hulu and watched them.

I am doing the same thing. I have ceaned and rearranged my closet and bedroom. I still have a few things left to do in there but it is very close to be finished. I cleaned out one of the boys closets yesterday and also my daughter's closet. Today I am planning on cleaning out my other son's closets. We have been using alot of their closet space for storage, so I am trying to figure out what we can do with some of this stuff so it doesn't take up half their closets...lol.

We are also going to redecorate my daughter's room. So we have had to take everything out of her room. Her bed was moved into our room and all her toys are in the living room. My husband will hopefully be able to kilz it today..I can't wait to get everything out of the living room.

I already have a few gifts bought. I also have a small layaway at Walmart. I am going to add a few more things to the layaway also. I am just waiting on a few games to come out. I have also wrapped most of the gifts also. I can't wait. Now I just need some more money...lol.

starbeck and elmck, I think we all have the disease!

I knocked myself out cleaning our big toy closet in gameroom yesterday and took toys we no longer play with to the thrift store. I was running around like a maniac! You would have thought it was a race on a gameshow! But I had fun! It looks good and I need to work on more parts in the house, but woke up with a bad headache today, so I took a pill and a long nap. I did drink some MONSTER though, and I plan to make up for tonight, what I didn't accomplish today! Nothing feels as gratifying as the toy closet though, I just love to see all the games/blocks, etc all lined up and neat like on store shelves, ha ha!

I had my son bring down 4 boxes of Xmas stuff from the attic that I plan to go thru and decide what I'll use this year...so I am READY when it is time.

Happy cleaning everyone!

It's been looking like Christmas outside the past week. We got 12" of snow on Oct 28th which has already melted away. Then we got about 9" yesterday, and it's already melting.

Another sign for me is the holiday cups at Starbucks. Those red cups make me happy! :)

It's been looking like Christmas outside the past week. We got 12" of snow on Oct 28th which has already melted away. Then we got about 9" yesterday, and it's already melting.

Another sign for me is the holiday cups at Starbucks. Those red cups make me happy! :)

Im the same way with the red cups at Starbucks they just make drinking coffee more enjoyable

This weekend I get to go out to put up the lights on the outside of the house before it gets either: A. Too cold or windy outside, or B. Starts snowing. However, it isn't offically Christmas at our house until my fiancee and my daughter put up the tree and decorate the inside of the house, which is the weekend AFTER Thanksgiving. She decorates the inside and I get the outside. Of course, my job isn't complete until she approves of the job I did.