when do you put your gifts out

Tracy72

we put it them under the as soon as they are wrapped...never anything new under the tree Christmas morning...I was wondering if you want and put some out the morning or all under from time they are wrapped? I cant handle my tree up without gifts under it so I have to have them under there..lol...maybe will leave a few for the morning...lol

Guest all2tired
Since my kids are little and still believe in Santa. Nothing goes under the tree until they are asleep on Christmas eve. Sometimes a tsp of Nyquil is needed to speed up the process of getting the presents under the tree if you know what I mean.

The presents that are from mom and dad go under the tree as we get them. The presents from Santa go under the tree after they have gone to bed Christmas Eve. That way when they wake up they know that Santa came.

Agreed, thats the way I always did it. Now my son and his wife (sigh) they put stuff out as they wrap it. But it turns out they didn't buy the baby any toys at all last year because they knew the two grandmas were buying so much. That really *issed me off! LOL So this year, I'm not bringing in anything till after baby is in bed!

The gifts that are from us (my dh and I) will go under the tree as soon as it is up, as my gifts are already wrapped just waiting. Then Christmas Eve morning the kids get a large gift bag filled with fun things to do Christmas Eve day from Santa-Santa stops by Christmas Eve eve and makes sure he everyone has been good and leaves them the bag. Then, Santa comes back later that night to leave his gifts for the kids and fill their stockings. The kids go crazy over the Christmas Eve morning gift bag and keeps them occupied for some of the day.

We usually put themout as they are wrapped, but we leave one gift unwrapped next to their stocking. As the kids got older they began to be able to shake the packages and could guess what was in them. The grandmas and I did not want any pre-guessing so one year we assigned each child a color and wrote the color on the package instead of a name. The kids found it funny, no one knew their color until christmas morning.

WELL I HAVE TRIED PUTTING IT UNDER TREE AS SOON AS I WRAPPED THEM BUT THE KIDS WILL NEVER BEHAVE BECAUSE THEY ALREADY HAVE PRESENTS BUT A TREE WITH NO PRESENTS I CAN GET THEM TO BEHAVE BY TELLING THEM SANTA IS WATCHING AND IF THEY DONT BEHAVE HE AINT COMING TO OUR HOUSE THAT HE WILL SKIP US AND IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM