I found my "kids" to adopt this year!

abentley

I have been struggling the last few years to renew my passion for the holidays. I am very blessed in life with a healthy , mostly happy family. My extended family sucks most of the joy out of the season most years, and to find joy I have found it in other places. I recently changed locations of employment and have had 2 little girls enter my world. They are the most delightful girls, and very much in need. I feel like I have a purpose again. I am excited to have met them, and excited in hopes to help make their worlds a little brighter this season!:D

Awesome!

If you want to get them coats, Gymboree typically has a good sale on them the day after Thanksgiving.

Have fun!

Thanks! Sadly they need coats today! We dropped to below freezing yesterday and they do not have any. I have them on my shopping list for the weekend to take to them Monday. I think I will be picking sets of stuff up for next year as I come across great sales. I have paying full price for coats! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for caring. We do this every year. We have already started shopping for what had better be the 8-10 year old boy we requested. We'll get the clothing part of his gift as soon as we get the sizes, which should be in the next two weeks. We have so much fun shopping for the child we get.