What time should I start waiting in line?

tmkuroda

I was going to wait in line at walmart for the first time this year. Normally I do Radio shack and a few of the smaller stores like CVS etc. What time should I get there this year to wait? I don't have to be the first but I would like to be in the top 20. We do not have a lot of Walmarts here in the Detroit area.

Thanks in advance

Tina

I think for Walmart, you have to be pretty darn early. I was just thinking about what time I should get up this year, and I am thinking 2 am. If I get to the store and no one is there yet, I will wait in my car and read or something. But I think people will be there!

Seriously 2 am wow!!! Back when the Furby's were the hot item I was in line at 4:30 am here I was third in line. I got my Furby and got out of there man people were fighting and they had to have the cops out there over the Furby's.

Black Friday's are wild and I love it!!!!

I think for Walmart, you have to be pretty darn early.

Yeah, I would think Wal-Mart would have to be pretty early. Personally I normally hit Best Buy around 2:30 or so and am about 10th -15th in line but every year I keep moving back so I think I may have to start going earlier. Luckily last year for the first time the Krispy Kreme store down the street brought free donuts out for everyone.around 5 am

I was going to wait in line at walmart for the first time this year. Normally I do Radio shack and a few of the smaller stores like CVS etc. What time should I get there this year to wait? I don't have to be the first but I would like to be in the top 20. We do not have a lot of Walmarts here in the Detroit area.

Thanks in advance

Tina

Why don't you ask an associate there such as a manager? Ask them what time people start showing up. They usually know.

I think you should find out what time your Walmart is going to open. If your store opens at 6a.m., I would think you should be there no later than 2:30, but if they open at 5a.m., you may have to spend the night, lol. If they open at 5, maybe you should be there no later than 2. I am not sure what you would do if they are 24hrs.:)

Some ideas that have worked for me: Find a college student who needs money to stand in line. Know someone who regularly gets up at 2-3am for work, get them to do the shopping. Buy the items before and then go and get price adjustment while the mobs are going nuts. Personally, I have not done any bf shopping, other than online in a few years.

My brother volunteers to go, list in pocket, thermos in hand he is a warrior...hits 2-3 stores, home back in bed by 6:30. He loves it...wonder how many people he has injured:D