Amazon Returns

bfaddict1977

I am having a huge issue with Amazon.com returns and wanted some advice. My dad purchased a set of Harry Potter books for my daughter that cost $50. We already have them though so he told me to go ahead and return them for merchandise credit, which I called amazon and they approved. Shipped the books back, as they were recieved, same box and everything and instead of a $50 credit they gave me HALF! No reason why. Just half. Is amazon always this cheap and terrible for returns? I expected a $50 credit. I am getting nowhere with them. Please help. THanks.

At least they are nice to work with because I plan on buying a lot this holiday:)

this has been a huge bonus for me. Their prices are fabulous, especially adding no taxes, and then if anything does go wrong their super helpful to put it right. I called once since I'd preordered a movie and they put it cheaper week of release which didn't fall under pre-order price guarantee and they adjusted without hassle.

actually i spoke too soon. they refunded my dads cc but it was a gift for dd and i cannot get the credit back and they're the ones who screwed up. so my dad gets refunded $25 and we're out $25 for dds gift. i cant ask my dad for his cc to purchase a $25 gc. sigh! They cant override their computers.

I bought a Garmin GPS through amazon.com a couple of weeks before father's day for my father in law. About 60 days later (after the return period), it wasn't charging correctly. It was not purchased through amazon.com but through a marketplace vendor. Amazon went above and beyond. They sent me a shipping label, refunded in FULL the price paid and the shipping, and then told me to order another one if I wanted. The new one was $20 LESS than what I paid when I ordered it!

Another time, I ordered my son a bicycle. They shipped it to me, but the box was badly damaged when it arrived, and sadly, so was the frame. I called amazon and explained the situation, and that I needed to buy the bike from ToysRUs because it was a gift. I asked them if they could send me another box. They credited me the entire amount and told me not to bother shipping it back. I LOVE AMAZON service! :)

I must update and say that they came through for me:) They credited me on my dad's cc and gave me a $25 credit so sorry I complained:) I do love amazon too. This was just frustrating and I'm angry at the person who made the mistake of charging a $25 restock fee for books when they never should have charged any but amazon did rectify it.

• 2 weeks later...