I wonder if this is a sign of what will be on sale at Walmart

starbeck96

I went to our local Walmart store yesterday and noticed that all of the Nintendo DS Lites were gone. I just checked online and beside the DS lites it just says pricing varies by store. I wonder if they are getting ready for Black Friday and saving what inventory they have left.

I hope that is what they are doing because I was really hoping for a cheap DS Lite. I was hoping that I would not have to give over 70.00 for one!

If the DSi is what they will have for sale this year BF I don't see them being less than 90.00. :(

I went to our local Walmart store yesterday and noticed that all of the Nintendo DS Lites were gone. I just checked online and beside the DS lites it just says pricing varies by store. I wonder if they are getting ready for Black Friday and saving what inventory they have left.

I hope that is what they are doing because I was really hoping for a cheap DS Lite. I was hoping that I would not have to give over 70.00 for one!

If the DSi is what they will have for sale this year BF I don't see them being less than 90.00. :(

I bought two of them for my son and daughter. They still have them online because some Walmarts are still carrying them. But according to two different Walmart associates at two different stores, they discontinued it and are trying to get rid of it. In June or July they had an announcement that the prices were being dropped to $99 (saw this on several websites). Toys R Us likes to bring back stuff that is discontinued and put them on sale for cheap. But otherwise Gamestop has them used for $79 right now and the prices should drop for BF. They have so many DS's that are out right now DSI, DSI XL, and 3D one, that no telling what the price will be this year for the DSI.

I just checked with my sister and she said her Walmart still has these in her store.

I'm pretty sure this system is being discontinued, unfortunately. I would be thrilled if the dsi was dropped to $90, but I'm not hopeful that will happen. I bought a ds lite last year when the list price was $129, and I got it on sale for $89. I'm not a BF expert though, so I may be wrong. (I hope I am!)

I'm pretty sure this system is being discontinued, unfortunately. I would be thrilled if the dsi was dropped to $90, but I'm not hopeful that will happen. I bought a ds lite last year when the list price was $129, and I got it on sale for $89. I'm not a BF expert though, so I may be wrong. (I hope I am!)

Yeah I figured that they were being discontinued, but I am hoping that they are going to try to get rid of all of them Black Friday..lol. Wishful thinking maybe...

I posted this on another thread too, but do you have any Radio Shacks nearby? They clearanced out their DSi and DSiXL.

There is one about an hour from me, but I don't really ever get a chance to go in there. I will just wait and see who has them for sale on BF.

We went searching for one of these for my dd for her birthday this year and had to go to ebay for a good price. I talked to associates at Walmart and Gamestop and apparently the system is discontinued. We got one on ebay for $40 though, much better price than the $80 used price Gamestop wanted.