Amazon on Black Friday

bfaddict1977

Amazon doesn't match anything. THey usually keep an eye on prices and on their site usually they have already matched all other competitors ads. You can't call them and ask them to price match, the price listed is final.

that's what I meant. thanks.

Amazon doesn't match anything. THey usually keep an eye on prices and on their site usually they have already matched all other competitors ads. You can't call them and ask them to price match, the price listed is final.

Yes, you can. I've done it a million times. Just pop up a chat box and ask. There is even a spot in most listings now that says 'find a lower price?' where you can submit info.

They even dropped my computer back to a previous price ($200 difference) when I asked.

With the exception of TVs, Amazon.com doesn't price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our website). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry.

This was copied and pasted from their help center.

So they price match TV's? Or did I understand that wrong?

I've never tried, since their tv's were lower in price anyway. I got my 2 samsungs for the bedroom for 219 and they were 350 at walmart. They hve a great tv section.

Thanks! I'll have to look into that. I was thinking of that $199 42" at BB but there's no way I'm waiting in that crazy line. I'll have to check Amazon's deals. :)

Thanks! I'll have to look into that. I was thinking of that $199 42" at BB but there's no way I'm waiting in that crazy line. I'll have to check Amazon's deals. :)

gotta agree with this post! we just ordered our 47" led hdtv lg brand from amazon and it'll be delivered this week (or next - need to check that, lol") and it was cheaper/equal to the black friday sales - and w/ free shipping and no local tax, yeah, win! :) and not having to stand in line all night, then figure out how to get the silly thing in my vehicle, even better! :)

i've been buying tons of stuff from amazon since i had first living kid - i can count on one hand the number of problem items we've purchased - and some were our fault! never a hassle at all to return/exchange/change to different product. very easy to deal with.

thought I'd mention that Amazon usually start their sales that Monday so you have a whole week of keeping them open whenever possible to snag deals.

Does anyone know what date they start price matching (or auto-correcting their prices, however you wish to word it)? Is it Monday when their BF week starts, or will it be 12am Thursday when the stores open?

Has anyone else heard the rumor that amazon.com may be selling the Kindle Fire on Black Friday for $100? If you've heard info about that, do you know when they will start offering the Kindle Fire at that price?

Wouldnt that be nice... but I doubt they will. Its a great deal at 199... I got one today and Ive been dowloading apps for my daughter... (really I got it this early so I could play with it).... this thing is totally cool... I think I will wait on wrapping it so I can play...

Has anyone else heard the rumor that amazon.com may be selling the Kindle Fire on Black Friday for $100? If you've heard info about that, do you know when they will start offering the Kindle Fire at that price?

Yes, I did read that as a prediction for Amazon Gold Box. That would be interesting, although I don't expect to see it happen.

I notified amazon that the zelda pack is 10 cheaper in the walmart ad that came yesterday and asked them to price match. I have it on preorder. They told me they don't price match anything but tv's and askeds me if i wanted them to cancel my order.

Yes, you can. I've done it a million times. Just pop up a chat box and ask. There is even a spot in most listings now that says 'find a lower price?' where you can submit info.

They even dropped my computer back to a previous price ($200 difference) when I asked.

Yes, I did read that as a prediction for Amazon Gold Box. That would be interesting, although I don't expect to see it happen.

Considering they are already losing money on each Fire they sell, I doubt they will bring it down to $100 and lose $100 more per sale.