Cookie Exchange?

Booterbunz

Has anybody ever hosted a cookie exchange party or went to one? I went to one last year and had the time of my life chit chatting and trying out some of the great cookies. I'm usually pretty stuck in my choices of either chocolate chip or peanut butter. LOL Does anybody have a "favorite" cookie that they always make for get togethers?

Dumb Question: What the heck is a cookie exchange?

Usually, a friend or coworker will decide to have a party and call it a cookie exchange. On the invite, you're asked to bring anywhere from 4-8 dozen cookies..depending on how many people are there. Then you also bring enough recipes for everybody to take home with them. It's quite fun because you get to try everybody else's cookies and get their recipe. Some people make it a big who-ha every year as to where others do it just to have a couple of friends over and a buttload of cookies! LOL Some may even require a dress code! :D

i know this one by heart.my mom used to make these all the time.i do now too just cause of somplicity.over the years i found ingredients added or left out but it is still the same.

no bake cookies

in a large dutch oven type pan combine 1 stick margarine

i box chocolate pudding mix

2 cups sugar

1/4 cup of milk

simmer til the butter or margarine melts ten boil and keep stirring for 2 minutes altho i went as far as three minutes.when it is done boiling at a rolling boil take off heat and add 1 tablespoon peanut butter and 3 cups quick cook oatmeal and 1 teaspoon vanilla ..stir together and drop on wax paper by teaspoonfuls.i also most of the time just spread it out in a large cookie sheet.

my mom used to say sometimes if it was raining out they wouldn't turn out and i have found that out.i have to still play with the boiling times cause i haven't made them in a while.just recently the pudding was added.up until that was added you just added 1/4 cup baking cocoa or chocolate milk powder

ENJOY!:2cloud9:

my mom and i tried hosting one last year. we only had a few ladies show up, but it was a lot of fun! it was really nice seeing my mom just sit back and relax during the holiday with a few of her good friends. AND we still ended up with several dozen cookies to save when visitors came by.

i think that sugar cookies are my favorite to make and take because they are so much fun to decorate!:)

Guest Frieked

Usually, a friend or coworker will decide to have a party and call it a cookie exchange. On the invite, you're asked to bring anywhere from 4-8 dozen cookies..depending on how many people are there. Then you also bring enough recipes for everybody to take home with them. It's quite fun because you get to try everybody else's cookies and get their recipe. Some people make it a big who-ha every year as to where others do it just to have a couple of friends over and a buttload of cookies! LOL Some may even require a dress code! :D

So it's basically an excuse to stuff your face full of cookies... where do I sign up?

Here's the invitation that I've used. I'm new to this website - I really like it.

YOU'RE INVITED TO A COOKIE EXCHANGE!!!

Take a break from the holiday rush and share the Christmas spirit with old and new friends. Come and enjoy some holiday cheer and sample all those delicious cookies!

DATE:

TIME:

PLACE:

RSVP:

GIVEN BY:

Please bring 6 dozen homemade cookies.

The theme is Christmas Cookies - no chocolate chip cookies please - unless they are really different!

Bring a large container to carry away cookies and a copy of your recipe.

Be creative by arranging cookies in a basket or on a platter.

If you cannot attend but would like to exchange cookies, you may deliver your cookies the day before the party. I'll be glad to exchange them for you.

Share your holiday treats with family and friends!!!!!!!!!!

Also, please bring your favorite holiday appetizer to share.

I look forward to seeing you........and your cookies!!

Has anybody ever hosted a cookie exchange party or went to one? I went to one last year and had the time of my life chit chatting and trying out some of the great cookies. I'm usually pretty stuck in my choices of either chocolate chip or peanut butter. LOL Does anybody have a "favorite" cookie that they always make for get togethers?

No but can you tell me more about how it works?

Here's the invitation that I've used. I'm new to this website - I really like it.

YOU'RE INVITED TO A COOKIE EXCHANGE!!!

Take a break from the holiday rush and share the Christmas spirit with old and new friends. Come and enjoy some holiday cheer and sample all those delicious cookies!

DATE:

TIME:

PLACE:

RSVP:

GIVEN BY:

Please bring 6 dozen homemade cookies.

The theme is Christmas Cookies - no chocolate chip cookies please - unless they are really different!

Bring a large container to carry away cookies and a copy of your recipe.

Be creative by arranging cookies in a basket or on a platter.

If you cannot attend but would like to exchange cookies, you may deliver your cookies the day before the party. I'll be glad to exchange them for you.

Share your holiday treats with family and friends!!!!!!!!!!

Also, please bring your favorite holiday appetizer to share.

I look forward to seeing you........and your cookies!!

What a great idea! I'm always looking for somthing different to do during the holidays with friends and this maybe the thing I'll do! Thanks for the great idea!!!

Here's a very helpful site for hosting a cookie exchange:

http://www.robinsweb.com/cookies/index.html

I don't like to bake but thought it sounded like fun, so I took the same format and turned it into a handcrafted ornament exchange. My mom and I will be hosting our 4th one this year. We all make one for each guest (10 guests, make 10 ornaments). We sit them on a table in festive baskets and I provided a holiday bag for everyone to take home. We also do a craft at the party and have a yummy holiday brunch. This year we are allowing crafts/decor as well as ornaments because we are all running out of room on our tree! :holiday03

I love that idea. I bake alot of cookies every year and would like to have one of these. Maybe I will do this this year. My favorite cookies are "Frostbite Cookies". I got the recipe from Sunmaid raisins and they have won first place in a cookie contest at the local fair here. Great cookies!!!lol

I make Holiday Hideaways every year....everyone begs me to make them. I will post the recipe if anyone wants it. Basically each cookie is a Maraschino Cherry Wrapped in Shortbread and baked. After they are done and cooled they are dipped into melted chocolate and usually sprinkled with Pecans, Walnuts, White Chocolate etc. Whatever you want. Then they are put in the Fridge. They are soooooo good!!!

I make Holiday Hideaways every year....everyone begs me to make them. I will post the recipe if anyone wants it. Basically each cookie is a Maraschino Cherry Wrapped in Shortbread and baked. After they are done and cooled they are dipped into melted chocolate and usually sprinkled with Pecans, Walnuts, White Chocolate etc. Whatever you want. Then they are put in the Fridge. They are soooooo good!!!

:banana01: I for one, would LOVE to get that recipe.:yup:

I would love the recipe

I would love to do one of these.

I make treats every year, not necessarily cookies, but I love to make chocolate and white covered pretzels and covered oreos.

Also chocolate covered peanut butter crackers (peanut butter between two Ritz crackers dipped in chocolate). Peanut butter cups, and peanut brittle (hmmm, have to locate that recipe, it's a must do this year).

Looks like I'm gonna be busy this year.... LOL