Christmas plays

Tracy72

We do - Cailyn's preschool has theirs scheduled for December 6th. Each class has their own skit/songs that they do.

Her pre-K class will be the last ones to go on and I haven't heard yet what they intend on doing...last year, that class did the Nativity with full-out costumes/props/memorized lines.

I was just talking to another mom about this the other day. We are new to our school district and I asked her if they do a Christmas or Winter show. She said she doesn't think so. :( I am soooo bummed. I really look forward to seeing my kids in these types of things. My older son had something every year when he was in elementary school. We did too, growing up. It's really bumming me out. :cry2: :cry2:

My dd's school does. She goes to a catholic school and they do a huge production. For the Christmas play it is K-4 and for the Spring play it is 5-8th grade. We love it. This is her last yr for the Christmas play, but next yr her brother will be joining her in school and then I will have 5 more yrs of the Christmas play - yeah!

When I was growing up, every year we had these big plays/musicals..But my kids school doesnt do that..none of the schools do around here, because some people dont celebrate christmas. I think its not fair for the 99% of the people that do!! I think that the 1% (if its even that!) that dont celebrate should just not participate!:(

JMO

OK this one is very, very hard for us...LAST YEAR...we had.....one in high school that had a choir performance...one in junior high with a band performance....and the other 3 in elemntary school who had a school play.......hmmmm....and guess what.....they were soooo kind as to have them all on the SAME NIGHT...ggrrr..lol. My dh went to the 2 older performances because the schools were close and the performances were an hour apart...and I went to the little ones...which was earliest.......rushed them in the car...and flew to the high school in time to see the oldest perform for 15 whole minutes...lol

Thank G that the two oldest are BOTH in high school and the twins are BOTH in junior high.....but it will still be a tough act this year to work thru..lol