Personalized Photo Gifts

elena_398

I am thinking of getting my in-laws some of the items that are available at Walgreens for christmas this year (The personalized Photo gifts). Has anyone ordered these before? I especially interested in the Photo Calender and Photo Coffee Mug. Is it good quality? I figured that would be nice for them as they are out of state and don't see the kids very often.

I did a personal calendar for the Grandparents a couple of years ago. I think I went to Kinko's? They turned out pretty good but I'm not sure it was worth $20 per calendar. I could have done it cheaper probably, just not as quickly though. :P

When I was little, a teacher of mine did a personal mug on Mother's Day and Father's Day for the parents.. she did it for each student. They are still holding up well. I always wondered if she paid for them out of pocket (probably) or not.

YOu can make a 12 month calendar pretty easily and cheaply too.....take legal size paper.....find a 2006 calendar (one that shows ALL the months at at a time) enlarge it to fit the lower 1/2 to 1/3 of the page.....uding double stick tape, randomly add pictures in the top third....take to copy store and request a PHOTO color copy of the sheet (should run about $2)....THEN have them laminate the photo copy sheet...punch a hole in the top to hand and there you go....a GREAT, USEABLE gift for the grandparents...etc....plus you can return the photos to your album when you are don because you don't damamge them when you copy them...totoal cost for the claendars is way under what WALGREENS charges and this one is easily personalised with kids signatures and such!

I have a friend that does this for a living.

He makes a killing when he takes his trailer to Nascar and does custom shirts there.

Quality depends on HOW the picture is put on the item. There are the cheap iron-on styles, screen print, and supplimation (which is best)

I used Snapfish for Mother's Day and was really pleased with the results. I put my baby dd's pic on the cover of a notebook. Best of all, they are only 9.99.

I think I am going to put a photo of my kids on a gift tin and fill it with seasoned pecans for my grandparents. They don't need anything and I think they would love it. They have all sorts of cool things: pillowcase, playing cards, clock, tie

They have a special offer- order copies of the same gift and get 25% off the copies.

http://www.snapfish.com/store/t_=0