Who is the one person you hate...

Tessangel

I have to say...my mother is alot like shellex's exmil..lol..she has PLENTY of money..not rich..but enough to buy a few decent gifts considering all the junk she buys all year long..but she is an addict......auctions..yard sales....whatever...and she will pay $50 for something she swears is worth ten times more..and guess who gets this wonderful addition of useless stuff?.....lol

But we know how she is.....and we simply smile,ty..and then pack that crap up usually...lol. Last year she gave my 39 yr old dh at the time...a very...ummmmm...ugly old fashioned..off the wall....can't explain it....leatherkinda jacket....that barely went around is waste..lol....but she means well.

Definitely my MIL. I think she goes out of her way to buy me the most useless gifts she can find. Every year I tell her if she feels it necessary to buy me a gift I'd rather get a gift card or $. Personally I'd rather she didn't buyu me anything at all.

Oh MIL.... hands down! Let's see, some of the prizes over the years...

1. matching beatnik pullovers for dh and I :3paperbag

2. spa wrap (one year) and pajamas (another year) that would have fit 4 of me

3. sleeveless Winnie the Pooh teeshirt for me/sock monkey ornament for dh

4. size 10 turtleneck for dd who was TWO at the time

5. desktop golf for dh ... when he didn't work at a desk!

6. a bathroom sink and wingback chair for a doll house for dd (problem was... she didn't have a doll house :worried: )

Oh the list could go on and on.....

What is it when people get older....... do they really forget common sense??? I'm reading # 4. Size 10 turtleneck........ or do they just not care????

• 2 weeks later...
I have always wondered the answer to the question "if I was the only one"!! Guess not!! I may of had some misses in the gift department, but honestly some people just don't care about what they give. Then it becames obligitory, and doesn't that kinda defeat the whole spirit of giving gifts? We happen to have a really "branchy" family tree, and some not so blended branches. It is upsetting to me every year the disreguard for people, especially little kids feelings when they are the ones recieving the "gift". The worst was having a nephew ask if they could open their gifts from my DH Dad and stepmom while we were there. She had to say "no, because we don't give the same gifts to all the grandkids", right in front of my children!! My kids took the clue and we excused ourselves so the other kids could unwrap their gifts. betcha can't guess that they were HER grandkids!!!!

I have always wondered the answer to the question "if I was the only one"!! Guess not!! I may of had some misses in the gift department, but honestly some people just don't care about what they give. Then it becames obligitory, and doesn't that kinda defeat the whole spirit of giving gifts? We happen to have a really "branchy" family tree, and some not so blended branches. It is upsetting to me every year the disreguard for people, especially little kids feelings when they are the ones recieving the "gift". The worst was having a nephew ask if they could open their gifts from my DH Dad and stepmom while we were there. She had to say "no, because we don't give the same gifts to all the grandkids", right in front of my children!! My kids took the clue and we excused ourselves so the other kids could unwrap their gifts. betcha can't guess that they were HER grandkids!!!!

That is so sad :mad: , but that is the same way some in my family are. It would be different if it was for me of dh..but little kids..come on..:mad:

I am one of the fortunate few. The gifts I get I like. I have an MIL and a Step MIL who are thoughtful and good shoppers. Every year they ask for a list so I give them seperate ones no two items the same. Maybe that is why I like what I get. Mom and Dad have always been good gift givers too!!