Daewoo vs. Cyberhome? (dvd recorders)

bytch_mynickname

I have the cyberhome recorder and it works great! I love the way it will instantly skip commercials!! That is the best part, no fast forwarding!!

Do you have the same model (CH-DVR1200)? I tried to search for it but can't find anything about it. The commercial skip thing is a necessity for me. Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the helpful info here.

My stupid dvd recorder (ilo) that I bought last Black Friday just died 2 days ago! GRRRRRRR.

I went to the Walmart.com to check on the warranty. It says that it has a year warranty. So I am thinking YEAH!! it hasn't been a year yet. I am all excited until I read that I have to have the original box and packaging. :razz:

So, lesson learned here (the hard way).

Whichever one you decide to buy.. Keep the box.

I want to hold out until BF to buy another, but I use it so much now, that I'm not sure if I can wait that long.

Just to let anyone who dosen't know, there;s 2 different dvd recorders- plus & minus. minus being the most popular in the DVD players. I copy movies & only movies copied in RW- will work on the 4 dvd players i have. The neighbor does his in RW+ & we can't play each others dvds. of course, as long as you're recording & watching on the same unit it wont make a difference. Theres the chance though it wont play on other dvd units.

Just to let anyone who dosen't know, there;s 2 different dvd recorders- plus & minus. minus being the most popular in the DVD players. I copy movies & only movies copied in RW- will work on the 4 dvd players i have. The neighbor does his in RW+ & we can't play each others dvds. of course, as long as you're recording & watching on the same unit it wont make a difference. Theres the chance though it wont play on other dvd units.

So how can you tell which is which? Which works better?

So how can you tell which is which? Which works better?

Everything I do is generally in the + format. Most everyone else's dvd players (I know) will play them fine. I bought a spindle of - a while back and everyone else that tried to play it, the movie would freeze up. I do mine on the computer, but I thought I'd throw that in for the format question.

Tells on box RW- or RW+, as for better, RW- is the popular version, & the most commonly produced, I.d have to re-visit web site the I used before i bought my PC burner for actual quotes. It's probably a nice unit but I'll pass, since I know I'll only be able to playback on that unit.

Tells on box RW- or RW+, as for better, RW- is the popular version, & the most commonly produced, I.d have to re-visit web site the I used before i bought my PC burner for actual quotes. It's probably a nice unit but I'll pass, since I know I'll only be able to playback on that unit.

are you talking about burners to use with a computer or the standalone ones (like a vcr)?

In my experience, DVD-R are best for using with the computer dvd burner and most dvd recorders (standalone) use the dvd+r to record on unless you get the more expensive ones ($300+) they usually record on both media.

I created this thread in reference to the cyberhome dvd recorder (standalone) that walmart has and the daewoo (standalone) that sears has to get other peoples opinions on which would be best? Any new thoughts?