What colors are you decorating your Tree?

vonnyb

I have been collecting snowman ornaments and my tree has been mostly light blu, dark blue, and white. I will still have those up on a white tree. But, I will have a green tree with traditional ornaments, lights, and colors. It just depends on what kind of ideas I have from year to year.lol:gd_not_ri

I really don't have a theme or color scheme. I have the dark red bows and silver beaded garland, but other than that, just the ornaments that we've collected over the years and whichever colors of lights I bought cheap last year. I don't remember if they were white or colored.

I use ornaments that I have purchased each year for the kids, plus the ones they have made as well as ornaments that I have collected from family and friends

My kids will get a box with their own ornaments in them when they move out.

Sometimes I use all white lights, or the colored lights..Im not sure about this year.

I do two trees, One in the living room, this one has all dated orn. and a toy like garland, and all the ones my 4 kids have made over the years, The one in the family room is done in small stuffed animals, I have all the rodney Reindeers from BK and santa's and such, around this one goes my Rudolph train and my rudolph from Build a bear, with Hermey and the uconcornelis ( sp) Each room has a theme, that room is more homey and informal, and the living room has all my animated things, except my 5 foot movong Snowman he is in the family room and the Santa of the same size is in the entry way to my house. I decorated about every room

I use ornaments that I have purchased each year for the kids, plus the ones they have made as well as ornaments that I have collected from family and friends

My kids will get a box with their own ornaments in them when they move out.

Ditto! Our's is a mish mash of inherited ornaments, purchased ornaments that strike our fancy, and the yearly ornament for Beorn that we have bought since he was born. We do always try to pick out an ornament that recalls somehting significant to him during the year, but as he gets older it's getting more difficult to do.

No color theme at all, although I like the filligree effect of silver tinsel.

We use white lights and this year my theme will be Disney. WOOHOO!! I can't wait. I have always wanted a Disney themed tree. I am a huge Disney freak. I got a Tinkelbelle tree topper and tree skirt and all the ornaments are Disney caracters.

My kids would love to have your tree!!!;)

Every year our tree changes its look. Last year, since I have a house of hunters we had the hunting tree. There were deer, bears, elks, moose, and the tree topper was a head of a deer that I found thirsting though a store. I just mounted it to something and hollowed out the center to fit onto the top of the tree. Covered it with camo material and it looked wonderful. For garland I went to the fabric store and brought some clearanced out brown and green material. I cut the material into strips then braided it. The lights on the tree were gold and green. I am sure you are all saying ewww right about now. Since I am not a hunter myself I was that way while doing decorating the tree. But when all done it was awesome.

This year I am decorating the tree with all clear glass ornaments. I am going to use blue and white lights and top the tree off with silver icicles.

I always put a ton of lights on the tree. And the lights through the glass ornaments with be beautiful.

Every year our tree changes its look. Last year, since I have a house of hunters we had the hunting tree. There were deer, bears, elks, moose, and the tree topper was a head of a deer that I found thirsting though a store. I just mounted it to something and hollowed out the center to fit onto the top of the tree. Covered it with camo material and it looked wonderful. For garland I went to the fabric store and brought some clearanced out brown and green material. I cut the material into strips then braided it. The lights on the tree were gold and green. I am sure you are all saying ewww right about now. Since I am not a hunter myself I was that way while doing decorating the tree. But when all done it was awesome.

This year I am decorating the tree with all clear glass ornaments. I am going to use blue and white lights and top the tree off with silver icicles.

I always put a ton of lights on the tree. And the lights through the glass ornaments with be beautiful.

If you change your tree every year what do you do with all of the old ornaments?

I do mine in Gold and Red with White Lights. I also have about 200 village homes that I put out every year. I am not sure what is going to happen this year since we are going to have a 2 year old in the house it may all be broken prior to Christmas day.

We just do the old fashion tree as my 7 yr old says. We have the big bulbs and everything from thier ornaments to my great grandmas goes on it. When I got married I was given a box of all the ornaments that I made at school, home or someone had purchased for me.

I have gold, silver, red, blue, and white ornaments along with angels, snowmen, santas, bells, and glass ornaments. I have garland in red, silver, white, and gold. Each year we decided what we are going to have for colors for garland, ornaments and then the theme. Last year it was crocheted angels with white ornaments, other angel ornaments with white and silver garland. Not sure what we will have this year for color or theme. I enjoy preparing for what will be on the tree.

Every color of the rainbow!! We have a 3 year old and one on the way, so I just think we should keep it colorful!! I know that I always loved the many different colors and kinds of ornaments. So I think we'll keep it that way until we don't have small children in the house. Then we'll go to something more elegant. I just think that Christmas is for the kids so we'll let it revolve around them as long as they're young!!

We use white lights and this year my theme will be Disney. WOOHOO!! I can't wait. I have always wanted a Disney themed tree. I am a huge Disney freak. I got a Tinkelbelle tree topper and tree skirt and all the ornaments are Disney caracters.

Oh to be able to have a Tinkerbell Tree!! Tink is the greatest Disney character ever!!... well one of the greatest... but she has to be my favorite.:D

We don't have a theme. Each year we take the 3 kids and each of us picks a new ornament. So, we never know what is going t be added from year to year. We have everything from Winnie the Pooh and Harry Potter to crystal stars and ceramic purses. Everyone who comes to the house, love to look at all of the ornaments and see what all is there. Plus, when the kids go out on their own one day, they will already have a tree full of ornaments.

All my purchased stuff is blue, white and silver. So are the ornaments the kids and I have made at home. There are a few random red and green things from before I started homeschooling, but those usually end up on the swag above the nativity scene.