Kids' Christmas Portrait Time

elena_398

I used to go to Sears but after a couple of Christmases waiting 1 1/2 hours even though I had an appointment (so of course by the time we got pictures taken the kids were very grumpy) I switched to JCPenney. Last year, though, I took my own pictures and did the photo cards at Walmart. I was really pleased so will probably do that again.

I take all my photos myself also...I started when my youngest was born ~ now I take everything, including lots of family and friends. Definately much cheaper and nice since we are home and don't have to worry about them getting dirty, spilling something, crying, fighting, etc. etc. LOL!

Our WM is really good here for portraits. The girls are really good, or have been the past 3 years. I think I better call and get my appointment now as well, just in case. I wish we had some other place to go, as I see all kinds of coupons for Picture People and Sears and there is none around here. :(

• 4 weeks later...
Well, the christmas pics are done. Turned out super. Of course I won't get them back until December 9th. Both of my kids smiled great and for the first time I was out of the studio within a half hour. Record for my family. Has anyone gotten theres? How did it go?

I just had mine done at Portrait Innovations. They had a $9.95 special. Of course I ordered extra, but they are great gifts. Their prices are cheap, and all my pics were ready in an hour!

We have an appt at Portrait Innovations today at 1:50. I hope all goes well.

Picture People charges $40.00 per "pose". A pose is a pre-made pkg of a certain # of pics. I ahve a coupon for Buy 3 poses, get 2 free. It would still cost $120 though. Thats why I'm going for the 9.95 deal!!

I just made our appointment today at Sears for this coming Saturday. I thought sure they'd tell me they were booked, but I lucked out. I've got a coupon for a free sitting, 35 portraits for $9.99, plus 50% off a new Smilesaver's Plan (ours ran out a couple years ago). Good deal!

I am going to take my daughter to Babies R Us to get pics. I forgot their name now. It's a bit more expensive, but the photos are great and they give you a disk with the pics on them so you can reprint all you need. Our community no longer has pictures with Santa. It is now "Tamale Breakfast with Santa". WTF??? So now if I really want to have Santa in the picture, I have to dress the baby up like a dog and go to Petsmart.:mad:

Just got my pictures back yesterday of my daughter. My mom took her to JCPenney portrait studio on a Thursday, and she had the first appointment of the day so she didn't have to wait. They were the best pictures that we have ever had taken of my daughter. Mom had a coupon for a free sitting fee, free 8 x 10 and each sheet for $3.99. We got 14 sheets and Christmas cards.

Well, we went to Portrait Innovations today. I loved it! They were so great with the kids, the props were REAl (real christmas tree, etc). The pics came out great! Ours were ready in 30 minutes! I was so oimpressed! I will post the pic as soon as I find someone with a scanner. (ours is packed away somewhere).

ive had my kids done already.... at olan mills and at walmart.. olan mills has an awesome online special right now

For those of you who didn't see my picture of my cat, Olan Mills did that and for about 8 bucks total I got a ton of pics. On the other hand, my ds and dil and gd went to Penny's for theirs. I don't know what they paid, but the pics are absolutely gorgeous.

Ok, so I know this isn't exactly a portait, but I'm thinking of getting prints made. I love working with Paint Shop Pro and I had a ball today, since we got our first actual snow (at least that stuck to the ground LOL)...Thought I'd share and have a little "brag" moment :giggle: We do have 2 other kids, but one was inside sleeping (10 months) and one was at school (7) so our 4 year old was the lucky one ;)

I haven't seen a whole lot of pictures posted, so if I'm in the wrong, someone let me know

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/woodie1976/Amy/FirstSnowCollageSmall.jpg

Well, we went to Portrait Innovations today. I loved it! They were so great with the kids, the props were REAl (real christmas tree, etc). The pics came out great! Ours were ready in 30 minutes!

So glad that your pictures turned out so well. I was very pleased and will use them in the future. They have all kinds of props.