When Do You Put Up Your Tree/Decorations?

elena_398

This could be very bad. All of this tree talk is making me want to put it up NOW!!! But I am trying to be more self disciplined this year and not lose my mind.lol I said that I was putting it up next weekend and I am. My hubby calls it "the first step to recovery", admitting that I have a problem.lol I do, there's no denying that. Last year the kids came home from school on Nov. 1st and the tree was up, wreaths were up, and I was putting lights on the house. They were horrified!lol

We always put ours up Thanksgiving weekend. We get the tree up and the lights on on Saturday. Sunday is spent putting the rest of the decorations on the tree. We make it into a big thing every year. We put on the Christmas music and spend all day decorating the tree and the house. My daughter looks forward to it every year. I never tackle this on BF, as I am so tired afterwards!

I am with all or you early birds. Wish mine was going up NOW!! Hubby would freak out. LOL. Since he has a drill next weekend it will probably be the following weekend. Kids have there Christmas pics shceduled for that day and then we will come home and take there Christmas card PICs in front of a lit fireplace with there stockings above and decorate afterwards.

Guest all2tired
First Saturday in December is when everything goes up except for the outside decorations. They go up on BF when it isn't bitter cold out yet

I take down my Holloween decorations o Novemeber 1 and the Christmas follows that same week. I have a 200 peice Christmas Village that takes 2.5 weeks to put up alone. Then the tree goes along with the theam so as soon as the Village is complete the tree goes up too.

I take down my Holloween decorations o Novemeber 1 and the Christmas follows that same week. I have a 200 peice Christmas Village that takes 2.5 weeks to put up alone. Then the tree goes along with the theam so as soon as the Village is complete the tree goes up too.

Off topic, but couldn't resist! Congratulations!:yelclap:

Xmas stuff usually comes out about a week before thanksgiving but the tree doesnt go up till that weekend. I bought new stocking hangers and took them out of the box today(bought them last year) and put them on a shelf, now I want to decorate it all... I try to do the outside lights as soon as I can due to weather here in MI.

We usually have a outside lights up by now. We are a little behind. We just recently moved and have to have more outlets installed outside. My DH goes overboard with outside lights. We don't turn them on until Thanksgiving night. We usually put the tree up BF night. Can't wait.

Well, I went ahead and got the 61/2 ft. pre-lit white tree at WM tonight.lol I couldn't wait because they only had two left. So, I am still hoping I can wait til next weekend, but now I'm not sure. All of the BIG snowmen that sit around the bottom of the tree came out today, and I "found" a whole box of decorations I bought last year after Christmas and forgot about. So I am even more anxious now.