When do you open Christmas gifts?

best4less

We open them Christmas morning. When I was growing up, we got to pick ONE present to open Christmas Eve night before bed. I wanted to keep that going with our kids, but hubby says no - guess I'll let him think he's putting his foot down on that one :giggle:

With our kids, if they open one, they'll keep begging until they get to open them all on Christmas Eve. :tongue1: Either that or they won't go to bed because they'll be so hyper LOL...last year, our 7 year old didn't go to sleep until 2am because he kept swearing he heard the reindeer on the roof, or swore he saw Santa flying through the sky...yes, we did the Santa tracker :giggle:

This year we are changing things a little. My lil ones are really excited about getting something for each other, so they will open their gifts to one another on Christmas eve. Then they open their Santa gifts on Christmas morning then off to my parents for more presents. Since my inlaws are Jewish we celebrate one night of Hannukah with them.

I'm just really excited for our change. I love that my children are so excited to buy each other something. My 4 yo has had something picked out for my 5 yo for weeks now. Heck he circled more for his sisters in the wish book then he did for himself!

Vicki

We give them one to open on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas Morning. There's just something about a little one jumping on your bed waking you from a nice sound sleep screaming "SANTA CAME SANTA CAME" come on Mom and Dad get up SANTA CAME"! ROFL Ok It was cuter when he was little he's 9 now so yea not so cute when he jumps on us. This is probably the last year anyway for him to believe and I'll take each and every moment I can get!

We also wrap everything even from Santa. I buy special paper with Santas all over it and only those gifts get wrappped with it. Any remnants of that paper get hidden deep in the trash so he'll never see it.

Since kids grow so fast and most of the clothes deals are "out of season" we try to estimate the correct size months in advance. With that said,the gifts from Mom & Dad are always clothes, we leave the tags on in case of exchange. Those we all open Christmas Eve. Santa brings toys and such (no clothes) and leaves around tree for Christmas Morning about 4:30!

We do santa gifts which are always wrapped on Christmas morning. Has to be 7am or later. This usually takes us about 3 hours. My husband and I do our gifts to each other then too, as well as my son's gifts to us and ours to him. All gifts are wrapped, w/ the exception of stocking stuffers.

We do a Christmas Dinner and our gift exchange w/ my immediate family (mom/dad, neices, sister, ect) the Saturday before Christmas. This year it's going to be the 17th (so I'm only days away from round 1). This is like a mini Christmas. We are a small family and everyone buys for everyone and we tend to go over-board a bit.

Christmas Eve- we go to my mom's families house for dinner around 3/4pm then to my dads sister's gathering around 7/8pm. The kids do a small gift exchange at my dad's sisters and my grandparents give gifts to any grandchildren and/or great-grandchildren under age 18.

Christmas Day- We go to my in-laws. No gift exchange this year because they are all strapped. My son will go to his fathers for the day in the early afternoon. Last year my husband and I were having such a miserable time at his families we went to Denny's and then to the movies. This year anything could go.