Anyone have family/friends that they hate to shop with on BF?

AuntJamelle

Just curious if anyone else has certain folks that they just don't like to shop with on BF.

The first year I went out on BF with DH he warned me to not say a word to his mother about the fact that we were going.

Since then I have come to completely understand that decision. Unfortunately, my MIL doesn't always consider what's best for her health or her adopted son's health.

She would insist on going and taking little guy with us - he's special needs with major heart problems and difficulty walking. And she herself has health issues where she needs to run to a bathroom every 20 minutes. Can you imagine that BF shopping experience? :eyepoppin

But if she knew we were going she would get very angry if we pointed these things out, however tactfully. So we avoid telling her altogether so as not to cause a problem or hurt her feelings.

Any other stories like this out there?

I just get up and go myself.. i usually am happy to run into my friend kate already in the line so we chat it up while waiting then we say see ya good luck.. i would hate to have to hunt someone down in that mess when your all done.. if i did go with someone i would definatly take the 2mile walkie talkies with me. i used those on my kids when i was just starting to trust them to go off in the store without me. kathy

Just curious if anyone else has certain folks that they just don't like to shop with on BF.

The first year I went out on BF with DH he warned me to not say a word to his mother about the fact that we were going.

Since then I have come to completely understand that decision. Unfortunately, my MIL doesn't always consider what's best for her health or her adopted son's health.

She would insist on going and taking little guy with us - he's special needs with major heart problems and difficulty walking. And she herself has health issues where she needs to run to a bathroom every 20 minutes. Can you imagine that BF shopping experience? :eyepoppin

But if she knew we were going she would get very angry if we pointed these things out, however tactfully. So we avoid telling her altogether so as not to cause a problem or hurt her feelings.

Any other stories like this out there?

It's probably best that you just don't tell her about it, so don't feel guilty. I have a 3 year old that is severly mentally disabled and I get left out of things with my family alot. I know they don't ask me to go b/c if I took her it's very difficult and I don't have anyone but my father that can watch her sometimes. But, I know they don't mean anything by it, they just know it would be too difficult. But most of the time it's better just not to know.

Guest all2tired
I don't want to be around my family(brothers and sister not hubby and kids) on a regular day, why would I want to be with them on shopping trip?

I can't stand to shop with my big sis. I tried to take her with me once to BF sales. She was at my house for Thanksgiving so I offered to take her. I told her to pull out jeans and a sweatshirt so that she is ready in the morning. I woke her up and she was trying to curl her hair and iron clothes, I don't think so. When we got to the store she was complaining about how early it was and why won't they open the doors and that she was hungry. They opened the doors early so that people would warm up. She whined about coffe and donuts. They brought out coffee and donuts and then she wanted me to go and get it for her. She complained about the crowds but she didn't complain about the buggy full of bargains. She then wanted to know why we had to go to other stores. Sorry to ramble but that just toke me back.:wife: :wife:

I would much rather go alone so you don't have to wait on someone else.

Last years drama of BF shopping with my sister was enough. Although we took 2 separate vehicles and used our 2-way radios it was a mess. Wal-Mart associates were using 2-way radios and were interfering with our signals so I did a lot of running around trying to find her when I should have been shopping.

This year a new friend of mine has invited herself to go shopping with me...I don't know how to politely tell her I want to go alone. Any suggestions?

Last years drama of BF shopping with my sister was enough. Although we took 2 separate vehicles and used our 2-way radios it was a mess. Wal-Mart associates were using 2-way radios and were interfering with our signals so I did a lot of running around trying to find her when I should have been shopping.

All the women in my family have Cingular, free mobile to mobile. So we just use our cells to communicate!

:g_thumbri

Mom and I and aunt go. This year we will be taking the three oldest of my kids to help out. There's no way I want anyone else going. I have my doubts that they aren't as die hard as we are and we couldn't trust them to be in charge of getting ANYTHING. They would probably just stand around and wait for someone to drop and item in their hands.lol I know that sounds mean but if I am not going to be serious about getting what I want, I may as well stay at home and enjoy sleeping late in my warm bed. I just don't think that any other family members feel the same way we do about BF. They all think we are pretty crazy. But we DO get great deals!!!lol