Have You Ever "Regifted" ?

diane175

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think its wrong....as long as you don't give it back to the same person! My MIL did this, one year I gave her this perfume set thingy, it came in this metal star. She gave it to my daughter the next year!! I had ordered it from a catalog and it wasn't something you could just get from a store so I KNOW it was the same one.

Guest Deals4Me

I don't think its wrong....as long as you don't give it back to the same person! My MIL did this, one year I gave her this perfume set thingy, it came in this metal star. She gave it to my daughter the next year!! I had ordered it from a catalog and it wasn't something you could just get from a store so I KNOW it was the same one.

oh man,I would of gone to HEAVEN with that!:g_dance: SOOO would of blown the whistle on that....:gd_orange I know Ishould behave, but I amfeeling mischievous tonight!:stir:

I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Suppose someone gives you something and you know they know it really should've stayed in the store, give it back to them and see if they would enjoy it.:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: Let's see how purty they think that sweater is now.:rotflol: :rotflol:

No. I have never opened a gift and re-wrapped it for someone. :holiday02That's cheesy in my personal opinion. I shop and buy each gift especially for the person intended. I have received things that I didn't like/didn't need and given them away, letting the person know that it was something I received from someone and didn't want.:holiday02

Guest all2tired

Nope, I just take back something I don't like and get something that I do like.

I have however gotten a gift that was regifted. One of my Bridal shower gifts had a card inside from sombody else's shower. So if you do regift, make sure there are no cards or pieces of wrapping paper in/on it.

Edit: I forgot to add, My aunt had gotten me a pasta machine for a bridal shower gift and used it before giving it to me. It was covered in flour. She could have at least cleaned it.

I regift almost every year. I am alergic to perfume and scented body lotion and DHs Aunt gets me this stuff every year. I have mentioned to her several times I can't use the stuff but she still gets it for me. Grandma-in-law also likes to wear Pleasures perfume (the worste in my book) every Christmas and wonders why I am always sitting across the room.

• 2 weeks later...

I love to regift! I always appreciate the thought if not the gift and simply move it on to someone not affiliated in any way.

However, I have been on the receiving end of an...unfortunate regifting. My best friend from college got married in 1997 and I bought her these, I thought, beautiful candle holders. Apparently she didn't like them too well, as I received them as a wedding gift 3 years later!!!LOL I never told her and since I like them, it was fine. But dh and I just laughed about it. She had a closet full of wedding gifts that she didn't like and would just pull one out and regift it. I asked after the wedding if she had ever regifted back to the person that gave it accidentally and she said, "Never! And if I did, it's not like they would remember what they gave me anyway."LOL