ok confess .....lol

Tracy72

who buys all the great toys and things on bf and then sell them on ebay ....I dont sell....I buy...but this just popped in my head and thought I would throw it out there.....and if you sell on ebay...post your user name for me...lol...see what you got.:g_laughin

Is it easy to sell on eBay? I have been thinking of selling some of my dolls on there and was wondering.?

I've only sold a few things so far but it's been pretty easy for me. It takes maybe 5 minutes to list an item and then you're good to go. Some of the rates are questionable but if you start an item out at $.99 with a reserve or a buy it now price, it's better than to have a higher starting item (costs much less) and if you accept paypal, make sure you state that you can only take existing funds or bank transfer so you don't have to pay the paypal fee on top of a ebay fee! LOL That's what I've learned so far!!! ;)

I've only sold a few things so far but it's been pretty easy for me. It takes maybe 5 minutes to list an item and then you're good to go. Some of the rates are questionable but if you start an item out at $.99 with a reserve or a buy it now price, it's better than to have a higher starting item (costs much less) and if you accept paypal, make sure you state that you can only take existing funds or bank transfer so you don't have to pay the paypal fee on top of a ebay fee! LOL That's what I've learned so far!!! ;)

Actually, stating that you will only take existing funds is against Ebay rules now. It changed recently, amybe the beginning of this month? But Ebay can shut you down if you say you wont accept CC paypal. Stinks, doesnt it?

Actually the new rules started almost 2 months ago effective 19 August 2005, you cannot specify non cc PayPal for ebay auctions .... taken from this thread

Beginning August 19, 2005, all sellers who offer PayPal as a payment option for their eBay listings must accept all forms of PayPal payment. This includes payments made via PayPal account balances, bank accounts, or credit cards, regardless of whether sellers display the PayPal logo with credit card icons.

:)

That really sucks! Why should we be punished and pay the price of a cc fee??? That will just cause sellers to jack up the fixed shipping rates which are already outrageous on some auctions. I think THAT ought to be outlawed - charging $9.95 to ship a cd or dvd is ridiculous!

who buys all the great toys and things on bf and then sell them on ebay ....I dont sell....I buy...but this just popped in my head and thought I would throw it out there.....and if you sell on ebay...post your user name for me...lol...see what you got.:g_laughin

LOL,

I might do a few items this year, not many though.

Usually what I buy, I really like.

I have at times. I missed the whole PS2 craze, so when the Xbox came out I bought a few...that turned out to be a dud. I sold a couple to online friends that couldn't find any locally for the price I paid (plus shipping, plus PayPal fees, so I came out exactly even) and think I returned one to the store. Didn't want one for myself, not at that time or at that price.

Last year, or the year before, I can't remember, but Wal-Mart had the Gamecube for $80 or so, PLUS the Zelda classics bundle. Apparently that was something my brother wanted, but couldn't buy in store (he already had a Gamecube). So we bought the bundle and stripped it of its game. Worked for us. The vast majority of the time, what we buy we end up keeping for ourselves or give as gifts.

I did this with the plush Dora Backpacks (2 years ago I think?) I could only afford to buy 4 of them, but they were nearly impossible to find in the store and they were going for outrageous amounts on ebay. Ridiculous what people will pay for something they desperately want for their kid - but hey, I've done it so I can't mock them. LOL. Anyway, Strawbridges just happened to get a batch in when I was there and I grabbed what I could afford. It's fun, and can be profitable. ;)

Guest Deals4Me

I dont sell there anymore...

I use bidville.com

Ebay is way over priced. (kinda geting to big for themselves)

bidville charges NO listing fee

HALF cost of all the services they offer (like the special stuff)

and only 20 cent sucess fee at the close of an auction.

Last year the Spongebob Krabby Patty Station was being sold for outrageous amounts on ebay and it sold for $19.99 in the stores but you couldn't find it. I refuse to pay through the nose for a toy that my kids can enjoy a month or so after Christmas for 1/5 the cost.

I noticed in Oct last year that the furniture for Dora's dollhouse was hard to find in stores so I bought it as I found it and then sold it on e-bay closer to christmas. I made $400.00 and then bought myself a new digital camera. Lucky guess on the prices going up.

I think this has a lot to do with ebay taking over paypal.

It amazes me how much more expensive ebay is now than when it started. I used to use it a lot but now hardly ever.

Actually the new rules started almost 2 months ago effective 19 August 2005, you cannot specify non cc PayPal for ebay auctions