Nintendo Gamecube will be cheap this season....

RCWC

Its not all the systems my son has that kills me, its the price of all the games! It seems the systems all go on sale for a pretty good price, but trying to buy games kills your wallet. LOL.

I know, I have been waiting for over a year for Mario Kart to go in to the "Players Choice", to get it for $20, but no luck, still $49.00.....

RC_WC

My son wants so many games this christmas, but I can't afford them. He has 4 systems and lots of games, but with help from the grandparents. It kills me how much a new game goes for. $50?! This is why I go to resale shops and garage sales. I found a sale over the summer with all PS2 games for $5. I bought them out!

We have a Game Xchange here and my son gets all of his there, or he gets used ones from Hasting's. He has just about every console ever made but he still loves his GameCube. I bought my younger two boys the one BF 2003 at WalMart, they have only played it twice. Oldest son said he's taking it to college with him because it's newer than his. lol

We have a gamecube, the only reason we bought it was cause all of a certain game was supposed to be released on that system and no other then a few months later, that certain game was on ps2, which I have now thanks to that whoopsie! But I'll play more gamecube and hubby will play ps2..not enough to justify having them though! LOL

• 3 weeks later...
Well, if you buy it w/the new "$49.99" Pokemon game, the bundle is $99. It's kind of like paying $50 for the system. We have both GC & PS2, my boys like both for different games that each system produces. PS2 can be kind of difficult for younger ones and there are more age appropriate games in the GC areana.

Yeah, I think video games is just about the worst hobby dh could have...his stupid games (a) take him away from the family and (B) cost a fortune!

But he's deployed now so he can play all he likes. :) Hopefully he's enjoying not having anyone mad at him for doing so. ;)

My husband is doing the same thing over there I'm sure!!! he took the PS2 and left the Xbox for the kids. :gd_purple

My son has had every game system BUT the Game Cube. He was never really interested in it. We've been through the original Nintendo, PS1, PS2, now he has Xbox. He is saving for Xbox 360 (he put one on reserve for himself). The prices of the games are ludicrous - we usually get them at Game Stop or ebay.

Well, if you buy it w/the new "$49.99" Pokemon game, the bundle is $99. It's kind of like paying $50 for the system. We have both GC & PS2, my boys like both for different games that each system produces. PS2 can be kind of difficult for younger ones and there are more age appropriate games in the GC areana.

I was tempted to buy this bundle at TRU when they offered the free $10 GC and the $7 pooh bear.:)